News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for laura is broadway

laura is broadway Profile Photo
Member Name: laura is broadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sondheim is 82 tomorrow!  Mar 21 2012, 01:59:46 PM
Anyone doing anything fun to celebrate? I usually make a playlist I listen to all day. Maybe watch a Sondheim movie or something.
What key does Bernadette Peters sing 'Not a Day Goes By' in?  Mar 22 2011, 08:08:19 PM
I don't know a lot about music theory, I have the sheet music that is in The Singers Musical Theatre Anthology Volume 1 for soprano and it starts in F major... so is this higher than Bernadette? The starting note is G4
What key does Bernadette Peters sing "Not a Day Goes By" in?  Mar 22 2011, 03:32:01 PM
I feel like my sheet music does not match it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSb4DJGZqzY

Smiths say NO to Broadway!  Jul 19 2010, 02:35:30 AM
I thought it was about the band too, and though I generally dislike jukebox musicals, they are my favorite band so I was a bit disappointed.
Contact Stephen Sondheim or Buy an Autograph  Jul 19 2010, 02:31:39 AM
hah
Contact Stephen Sondheim or Buy an Autograph  Jul 19 2010, 02:19:59 AM
I've always wanted to send him a letter as well, just to thank him for all the happiness he has brought me with his music, but I have also never been sure how to find the correct address. If anyone can help me out as well, feel free to PM me :)
Favorite Place to eat before or After a Broadway Show  Jul 11 2010, 02:16:52 AM
I love this thread because it involves my two favorite things
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs  Jul 10 2010, 01:18:47 AM
College of Charleston does not have a musical theater program. They have a music major and a theatre major, both are BA programs. (Though at one point I had planned to go to CofC and major in music since they seem to do more musicals than the theatre department.) Elon seems to have a really good BFA musical theate, same with Ithaca, Florida State, and Syracuse. I'm unsure about Rockford University.

Your Least Favorite Sondheim Song  Jun 26 2010, 02:33:55 AM
I never listen to FORUM ever... The only production I've seen was a high school one and it was just terrible, really terrible. So maybe that's part of it, but I really just don't like any of the songs. Comedy Tonight is decent.

I can't believe some of the answers... The Right Girl is one of my favorites and I haven't seen it performed live. And I second ljay with The Best Thing That Has Ever Happened.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Favorite and Least  Jun 17 2010, 11:48:05 PM
I always like this Spring Awakening artwork better than what was used on Broadway, and I second what was said about liking the old N2N artwork better as well
Grey Gardens...late to the party  Jun 17 2010, 11:33:17 PM
"you need to seek out the 3rd documentary: the 2007 PBS INDEPENDENT LENS documentary: GREY GARDENS: From East Hampton to Broadway"

Where could I find this?

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jun 17 2010, 10:44:04 PM
How does one go about writing Sondheim?
Follies OBC: What was Cut/Changed/Slowed Down/etc.  Jun 17 2010, 10:24:04 PM
"Most of my albums come in the digital format from iTunes because it is simply the cheapest and easiest way to get them (even if they don't have everything.)They have the concert recording, but not the Papermill. "

I was able to buy the Papermill on itunes, I wonder why it's no longer available?

Lost Tony winners  Jun 17 2010, 12:54:40 AM
I took a class at UCLA that Sammy Williams (A Chorus Line) helped teach.. At the time he was in a show being performed in Los Angeles..
AMERICAN IDIOT or NEXT TO NORMAL  Jun 7 2010, 03:03:43 PM
Umm.. Next to Normal for sure.
Photo Flash: Isaac Mizrahi's A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC  Jun 7 2010, 03:02:19 PM
Anne does not look 18...
Where did the sondheim special thingy go?  May 6 2010, 04:21:34 PM
Sorry for my incompetence, but I longed on a few days ago;.. maybe even a week ago... and there was a special with all these Sondheim related articles on the right side of BWW.. I had to go somewhere and had to get off the computer before I had time to check it out, and now that I do have time I can't find it anywhere.. I remember it saying that Sondheim would be playing on the radio all week, and I'm noticing that that is still the case, but I still can't find the links to the other articles an
So black to you, perhaps. So red to me...  Mar 11 2010, 09:15:49 PM
I got really excited thinking this was a thread about Sunday in the Park with George, haha.
Cut Songs That Are Famous  Mar 11 2010, 08:49:01 PM
"Cole Porter's "From This Moment On" was cut from "Out of This World," and is now a standard. No other song in the actual show achieved this status, though it has wonderful songs. "

Isn't "From This Moment On" in Kiss Me Kate? I never knew it was in any other show. Unless you referring to another song of course.

Sondheims autograph  Mar 11 2010, 08:18:36 PM
I'm not saying it's my only life goal, but it's definitely a goal I'd like to accomplish in my life... His music has changed my life. And considering there aren't any other "celebrities" (or celebrity's as you put it?) that I'm trying to meet, I am completely aware that there is in fact more to life.

I know you said you were teasing, but I just wanted to clarify, because I wasn't entirely sure of your joke haha.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You