News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rabymon10

rabymon10 Profile Photo
Member Name: rabymon10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney will launch North American tour of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 2025, Broadway stop next?  Jan 27 2024, 12:50:40 AM

SweetLips22 said: "I wonder how this would compare to the current production touring Australia? It is visually stunning, full of life and great talent. I feel it could transfer to Broadway as is. We indeed have quality talent here that I would love to see stand proud on Broadway."

It will be a replica production, but local cast unless Equity work out some sort of performer swap. Importing talent happens rarely from time to time, but needs a lot of support from the pr

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Oct 13 2023, 06:02:53 PM

rosscoe(au) said: "As someone who saw Debra in the original Australian production, she should shut her mouth. Her alternative Maria Mercedes was stunning in the roll and should have been cast as Norma for all shows."

Isn't Maria phenomenal hey! Sylvie Paladino would also be a hoot!

A friend and I were joking the other day upon hearing the remarks by Debra (haven't followed up the truth of their existence though) that with all due respect to Debra and w

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Oct 13 2023, 05:45:15 PM

QueenAlice said: "I do think people are over emphaziing the commercial importance of the Sarah Brightman revival, which is essentally a limited season production produced by an opera company in Australia. It is highly unlikely to have any kind of commercial transfer. Opera productions are not designed for the economics of Broadway."

I just want to jump in here and clarify something, hopefully not taking anything away from the substance of the th

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Oct 9 2023, 05:12:17 PM

My partner and I were supposed to be flying from Melbourne to Europe next month to see Madonna in Paris and for me to indulge in a little Starlight Express in Bochum. We've recently shifted those plans while I work on some other priorities. He's still going to see Mads, but I implored him to go see Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy while he's in London and he's incredibly excited to see it; only knowing the Wilder film and some scenes and score from the Nunn/Napier production prod

Musical songs about warnings  Apr 3 2023, 09:09:30 AM

The Prologue to ALW's The Woman in White

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 9 2023, 11:32:35 PM

Sets and costumes are likely to be gorgeous with Gabriela (Australian Love Never Dies, and POTO on Sydney Harbour) behind them. It's the Laurence Connor part that would make them redundant or of bad taste.

Phantom Closing?  Oct 11 2022, 09:39:34 PM

He spoke about it on The Today Show last week, and has also shared on his socials the same video from the offical POTO socials that people are talking about at the top of the page.

Phantom Closing?  Oct 1 2022, 07:21:13 AM

Phantom4ever said: "My apologies about the operas. I was responding from the frame of mind of hearing people mislabel Phantom of the Opera as an opera. Yeah I know about opera companies producing a Broadway Series type of shows but I can't see the professional rights to Phantom being released anytime soon or even not soon.

That's what I'm saying though - the professional rights already have been released, otherwise the Sydney H

Phantom Closing?  Sep 30 2022, 07:38:08 AM

Phantom4ever said: "Why would an opera company produce ALW's Phantom of the Opera? It has a few moments of operatic-sounding songs, but it is NOT an opera at all."

That's the thing though. Opera companies ARE producing ALW's POTO, amongst other commercial musicals. Who do you think put on the Sydney Harbour production of POTO directed by Simon Phillips, not to mention co-producing the Cameron Mackintosh's restaged tour that is currently making

King Kong Dream Casting  Dec 12 2013, 12:17:29 AM
LegallyBroadway2, it has been a success because all of the advertising and editorials of the show have conveniently focused on the spectacle of the show while understandably omitting the misgivings in the press (but even they're a munted bag of fun) for lack of book, musicality, and general production values.

The story-telling and character development is paper thin - it's basically a series of set pieces with some lazy dialogue to tie it all together between unrelated songs. I've se

New Annie Movie Colossal Blunder  Nov 1 2013, 09:47:35 PM
I think it is safe to say that this will be a musical film. I'm just going to leave this here...

http://cms.springboard.gorillanation.com/previews/909/video/803139/0/0/1

King Kong Coming to Broadway?  Oct 22 2013, 04:41:51 AM
No venue is right for this show, not until they scrap the whole lot and get another creative team in; those that are detractors of Spiderman haven't seen anything yet. The $80 spent on alcohol during the intermission was the best spending I've ever done for a show, otherwise I'm sure I would have developed a brain aneurysm from sheer confusion at what the hell was being watched. Truth be told, it was the multiple fluke glasses of champagne and midori that clarified that the show is in fact, ****
Why hasn't a caucasian Simba been cast?  Oct 20 2013, 06:36:40 PM
OP, just for total clarification, Nick Afoa, of whom you saw in the video of the upcoming Australian production may not be 'black' as you may describe it, however he is (very noticeably too) of New Zealand Maori decent, the indigenous population of New Zealand. Somebody of greater Maori lineage may have skin tones as dark as somebody who can be characterised as being noticeably African in the traditional sense. The reason why this would be acceptable, per the casting brief, is that Maori, Polyne
Why hasn't a caucasian Simba been cast?  Oct 20 2013, 02:51:57 AM
On casting for the upcoming Australian return season:

“In casting the show, our task from [director] Julie Taymor was to find a diverse and exciting group of performers who uniquely reflect the cultural influences of our country and our region” said Executive Producer James Thane.

http://aussietheatre.com.au/news/confirmed-full-cast-of-the-lion-king-announced

Reeve Carney Leaving SPIDER-MAN  Jul 31 2013, 01:20:52 AM
King Kong is a worse show than Spiderman. If anyone has intentionally been wishing for Spiderman to close so that something else moves in, well, if Global Creatures gets their way, you'll be seeing something as even more quite unfortunate and a particular waste of money. At least Spiderman actually attempted to have a legible book, even if it isn't to everyone's liking - Kong didn't even bother.
re: LOVE NEVER DIES LIVE. CD March 2010. Broadway November 2010. SAMPLE TRA  Oct 8 2009, 08:15:08 AM
Really digging it, sounds to be incredibly lush orchestrations, but Woman in White much? I mean, really? Really Andrew? It was just your last newly staged show...

Other than that, put me into the party whose curiosity is piqued and might just be looking forward to the show.

re: 'Gary Coleman will now be played by a MALE actor.'  Sep 15 2009, 01:09:03 AM
You're all full of ****. The Australian production uses Gary Coleman, and always has. Started in Melbourne ahead of a national tour, currently in Sydney. That is all.
re: Caroline O'Connor as Velma in Australia !!!  May 1 2009, 12:36:58 AM
I saw this show during its initial previews in Brisbane. Needless to say, I had just gotten off a plane, having come home from being with a touring show myself and found myself downing a drink or two in the foyer before the show started. What can I say? It was a HOOT! Caroline was really quite sublime, and being just that little bit intoxicated, I felt the need to yell out several affectionate compliments of explicit nature to her, however, I reserved to just licking my lips instead. In contrast
re: Wicked Melbourne 6 weeks on  Oct 6 2008, 07:40:26 AM
All of the leads signed one year contracts.
re: It's official. Hairspray to close!  Oct 3 2008, 01:40:10 AM
Why, oh why, oh why? All of our precious bubblegum pop musicals are being washed away on Broadway... and Hairspray, the greatest of them all

Legally Blonde closing I could live with, seriously. Xanadu I shed a tear for. But Hairspray... that's one great frosh of puberty I could live with forever!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You