News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for scripps

scripps Profile Photo
Member Name: scripps
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peter Dinklage, Lupita Nypng'o, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sandra Oh to star in Shakespeare in the Park's TWELFTH NIGHT
 Jul 25 2024, 03:29:52 PM

Only interested if Hamish Linklater returns as Sir Andrew Aguecheek.

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jul 23 2024, 03:20:38 PM
I pray Ali's future is brighter than singing "Hey #2."

Chess crossed my mind but this is a special and sexy voice that I hope can tackle something new.

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jul 21 2024, 06:14:13 PM

I was there. It was electric. Des gave a lengthy speech at the end.  All the best to this cast, especially Ali. I cannot wait to see what he does next. 

The Official TDF Thread
 Jul 14 2024, 09:26:14 PM

Another TOMMY performance courtesy of TDF: left orch row G seats 5 and 7 this afternoon. Fantastic!

Carmel Dean composing THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR musical
 Jul 9 2024, 12:16:40 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Maybe third time's the charm for this title.
Carmel Dean composing THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR musical
 Jul 9 2024, 11:53:01 AM
I'm surprised this property hasn't been adapted already. I love the movie. If I flip past TCM and it's on I'll always stop and watch.
The Official TDF Thread
 Jul 5 2024, 11:36:22 PM

idioteque... said: "Does anyone know what the tdf seats for Tommy have been lately?
Last 2 weeks and I figure last week is going to be sold out so trying to go but not sure what day. Figure weekend is worse seats?
"

I recently sat Row H house right mezz via TDF and the view was good. Lotto tickets as of this Wednesday mat are still extreme partial view (at least it was easy to move to a better seat at intermission) so definitely go the TDF route.

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 07:38:04 PM

I wish I was alive to see the production of Dracula with the Edward Gorey set. I'll take either Langella or Julia, I really just want to see that set in person ...

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews
 Jun 20 2024, 12:49:00 AM

dramamama611 said: "Caught this tonight, and I just fell in love with it. I felt like I was holding my breath waiting for each moment. I'm not usually a fan of projections, but thought these were stunning.

Can't believe how few noms it got.

I'd love a recording, PLEASE!
"

Yes, yes, yes! I was a bit too young to have seen the original production but I have the making of book and the OBC cast album has always been in rotation as cassette tapes,

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 19 2024, 06:59:48 PM

mridley2 said: "Tommy - I have it on good authority they are looking to close Labor Day weekend."

Do you have anything on authority regarding a cast album? I finally saw this last night and would love to have Ali's vocals preserved. Looking at the grosses I assumed a Labor Day closing was in the cards so at least I can fit this in a few more times ...

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 17 2024, 10:46:35 AM

That performance from TOMMY finally got me to purchase a ticket. Ali and Bobby, please be on tomorrow night.  Thanks in advance. 

If I hadn't already seen Merrily, that performance would not inspire me to do so. The Outsiders performance was also effective in changing my mind from "I read the book in school but don't remember any of it" to "I'd like to see this show this summer."

Glad I have&n

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 12 2024, 06:46:08 PM

If we're spitballing, Scott Bakula and John C. Reilly as Herbie intrigue me but has anyone thought of Ed Norton? Can't believe he's in his mid-50s, where has the time gone? 

FLOYD COLLINS to be given Broadway revival by Lincoln Center
 Jun 11 2024, 12:36:53 PM
I remember purchasing the cast recording at the Virgin Megastore and just could not get into this score at all. Granted I am aging myself with this tidbit, but maybe seeing this staged will change my mind.
The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 11 2024, 11:59:28 AM
I have mixed feelings about a potential Dead Outlaw transfer but trust Cromer and company can make this work. I'd hate for this to go the way of a Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.
The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 11 2024, 11:13:31 AM
Dear Audible, please use this momentum to release the Dead Outlaw cast recording sooner than later.
Pair of tickets for sale to Stereophonic (6/14/at 7)
 Jun 1 2024, 01:20:54 PM

Use the Theatr app to resell these. I have alerts set for when Stereophonic tix become available and they are snatched up very quickly from what I have seen. Good luck!

Andrew Scott to bring one-man Uncle Vanya to West End
 May 30 2024, 11:54:14 AM

This coming to New York next season would trump everything that has been announced thus far for me.

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 05:17:59 PM

BentleyB said: "“But “Burn This” I couldn’t run out of the Hudson fast enough along with several other audience members at intermission. I fell asleep at least 3 times in act 1."

I saw Burn This the summer day there was a blackout that closed most shows but not this one! Oh, lucky me! I refuse to watch Adam Driver in anything since this travesty. I stayed for Act 2 because I have had a crush on David Furr since I spotted him

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 May 18 2024, 04:48:41 PM

I saw this in DC and there is much room for improvement concerning the book. I question the choice to produce this commercially as the show is essentially a four-hander that I can't see succeeding outside of the intimacy of a smaller house like the Booth or Circle in the Square. Trigger warnings, ahoy! This is a very emotionally intense and gruesome piece if one is not aware of its nautical inspiration. The show will receive the highest accolades concerning its le

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 01:09:08 PM

Ayad Akhtar and Robert Downey Jr. How ridiculously exciting.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You