News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AtLeastIveBeenThere

AtLeastIveBeenThere Profile Photo
Member Name: AtLeastIveBeenThere
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I'm with you on this on Sue
 Mar 3 2008, 11:08:35 PM
I can't speak for John Doyle, but here's what I personally understood as the concept:

The instruments that the actors play signify their “action” to harmonize with the others—to interact and find a song to play with their partners, the rest of society and each other.

If “Company” is about anything, it is about alienation. What motivates Bobby to sing “Being Alive”—what motivates his realization as expressed in the song—is his response to Joanne, right prior to the song:

re: Theatre Management/House Management
 Jul 17 2007, 07:27:33 PM
There are a few schools that have an undergraduate major in Performing Arts Administration, which is specifically designed to educate students in managing and producing theatre. If I could go back in time, I would have gone to one of the universities that has such programs. It would be a good idea to Google that and look into it.

If youve already started and arent looking to transfer, then I would recommend attempting a double major in theatre and business, maybe marketing or deve

re: What A Shock
 Jun 11 2007, 12:21:37 AM
Does anyone have a sense of why this happened? I mean, yes, we're all upset, but has any one seen DHP in Curtains and RE in Company both, and have an idea as to why this seemed like a legitimate choice to the committee?
re: Could Mrs. Lovett work as a man?
 May 23 2007, 12:22:47 AM
Actually I have heard that Sondheim has in the past closed a production of Company that had the women "love"-interests played by men, which was intended to suggest, obviously, that Bobby is gay.

The reason was apparently that such liberties with the casting stray from the concept Sondheim and Furth had intended to be the focus of the experience for the audience, or at least, stray from the creation the two artists intended, in a dramatic enough way that it is no longer a production

re: FOLLIES AT CITY CENTER!
 Feb 13 2007, 12:46:52 PM
this is the best thread ever.
re: Caroline or Change wins London Critics'Circle Award
 Jan 30 2007, 02:43:55 PM
Good for _Caroline_, and well deserved.
re: anyone else see sunday in the park with kelli and manoel?
 Jan 30 2007, 03:34:36 AM
SUNDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO excited.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm sure I will, too.

re: Elaine Paige is London's Drowsy Chaperone, per BWW
 Jan 18 2007, 01:18:51 PM
"And she pretty much guarantees a second cast recording."

awesome.

re: broadway posters
 Jan 14 2007, 02:04:57 PM
http://www.tritongallery.com/
re: Yvonne DeCarlo dead at 94
 Jan 10 2007, 04:45:50 PM
for me, she'll always be Still Here.
re: Eating in the theatre... NEW YORK OBSERVER
 Jan 10 2007, 04:40:39 PM
My favorite part about the NYTimes article was the interview of some guy who went to see a Broadway show, and he reasoned something along the lines of "I pay a hundred dollars for a ticket so I can do whatever I want." That is ridiculous. Everyone else in that theatre, including the people sitting next to you smelling your food and listening to you unwrap your candy bar, also paid a hundred dollars. The thing he forgets to provide reason for is what exactly justifies him doing what HE wants t
re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
 Jan 8 2007, 03:22:31 AM
Wow, I had no idea.

Good to know.

re: Doubt
 Jan 7 2007, 03:55:02 AM
Do.
re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
 Jan 7 2007, 03:53:57 AM
You can get the sheet music on Amazon (search the show) and the song is the second to the last in the musical...it regards the lead male's mindset as he decides to leave his wife.

Beautiful song, but heart breaking. GL.

re: MargoChanning's Best of 2006
 Jan 5 2007, 07:18:25 PM
margo is the most amazing person ever.

I LOVE YOU.

re: Cerveris, Bryggman & Marshall-Green Join Public's King Lear; Sondheim t
 Jan 4 2007, 11:57:54 PM
I am SO there.
re: The MargoChanning appreciation thread
 Jan 1 2007, 04:42:02 PM
<3 Margo

The reason I started reading these so long ago...

re: Interesting article on why people think musicals suck
 Dec 30 2006, 04:52:51 PM
that was great. :)
fav movie musical
 Dec 24 2006, 01:06:07 AM
(1) sound of music
(2) wizard of oz
(3) singin in the rain
(4) disneys beauty & the beast
(5) mary poppins

chicago was great, and if Dancer in the Dark counted, i might vote that top five.

re: Theater History Question
 Dec 22 2006, 11:22:09 PM
I heard somewhere that initially they had stationary mics set at the downstage edge of the stage.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You