pixeltracker

"I could never rescue you" - L5Y

"I could never rescue you" - L5Y

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#1"I could never rescue you" - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:40am

I'm just wondering where this song fit into L5Y and where I could get it?

ashley0139
#2re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:58am

Well it's the last song in the show and is kind of combined with Goodbye Until Tomorrow where Cathy is singing about their first date and Jamie is singing about him leaving. Do you mean the sheet music or the audio for the song?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

AtLeastIveBeenThere Profile Photo
AtLeastIveBeenThere
#2re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 3:53am

You can get the sheet music on Amazon (search the show) and the song is the second to the last in the musical...it regards the lead male's mindset as he decides to leave his wife.

Beautiful song, but heart breaking. GL.

Having just a vision's no solution.

JustABroadwaybaby2
#3re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 12:19pm

I haven't even seen the show but just listening to the song, I cried. Hard.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Jon
#4re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:36pm

Actually, that song is not in the published vocal selections book. The only way to get the music LEGALLY is to pay the royalties and produce the show. Or you could find someone who has done the show and xeroxed the score (which is ilegal).

Jason Robert Brown insisted that three of the songs be left out of the vocal selections, so people couldn't do bootleg productions of the show.

SporkGoddess
#5re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 1:39pm

Out of curiosity, which other two songs are ommitted?

"Goodbye Until Tomorrow" combined with "I Could Never Rescue You" is amazing. JRB is IMO so good at contrasts; that's partially why Parade is so brilliant, and he uses it to full effect in L5Y.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#6re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 4:43pm

Best. Score. Ever.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#7re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 4:55pm

Vocal selections lacks 'See I'm Smiling', 'A Miracle Would Happen' (although 'When You Come Home To Me' is included), 'Climbing Uphill', and 'I Could Never Rescue You' (although 'Goodbye Until Tomorrow' is there). :3

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#8re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 4:56pm

Bummer. Those are good songs.

ashley0139
#9re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 5:26pm

I think it's interesting they chose not to include Climbing Uphill. Definitely one of the funniest songs. And it makes me sad that See I'm Smiling isn't in there.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

altoid06 Profile Photo
altoid06
#10re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 5:46pm

I'm pretty sure "See, I'm Smiling" is there... If not, is in included in The Singer's Musical Anthology Volume 4 for Mezzos.I'm not sure where you can find a copy of "I Could Never Rescue You" but maybe you can find it somewhere online...

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." -- Maya Angelou

jjoey076 Profile Photo
jjoey076
#11re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 5:51pm

Is it on the recording? I thought this song was omitted from the show or something.

ashley0139
#12re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 5:54pm

It is on the recording. It is kind of combined with Goodbye Until Tomorrow. The title on the recording is Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You.

Jon
#13re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 7:48pm

"Climbing Uphill" IS in the Vocal Selections - but it is listed under "When You Come Home to Me".

timote316
#14re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/7/07 at 7:52pm

"See I'm Smiling" is also in the Jason Robert Brown Collection of sheet music by Hal Leonard.

AtLeastIveBeenThere Profile Photo
AtLeastIveBeenThere
#16re: 'I could never rescue you' - L5Y
Posted: 1/8/07 at 3:22am

Wow, I had no idea.

Good to know.

Having just a vision's no solution.

Videos