News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for morethan just malice

morethan just malice Profile Photo
Member Name: morethan just malice
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What do you all think of Will Swenson playing gay in Priscilla?
 Sep 25 2010, 07:50:39 PM
As I said, I'm very good with the answer you gave me. I appreciate you relating what you know, and it makes sense. So, as I said before, thanks for clarifying my wonderings. I meant no harm, and I'm surprised at how much people are ready to attack instead of clarify any misunderstanding/confusion...
 Sep 25 2010, 07:17:24 PM
wait, are you saying that Will Swenson is gay? the my question is stupid because he doesn't play gay, he is gay?
 Sep 25 2010, 06:57:26 PM
I wish people would stop trying to figure out the question, "projecting" their own suspicions into it, and answer only if they have an answer. Since I am neither (A) or (B) of curtainpulldowner's polarized, binary considerations, then I wish people like curtainpulldowner who don't have an answer would stop trying to answer because they are wrong about their suspicions.

Sep 25 2010, 06:12:02 PM
If I just said, "I agree," would people stop attacking my question and just answer it if they have an answer? thank you in advance.

But, to help dramamama, my question is not meant to be homophobic or heterophobic, it did not say, "Do you think only gay people should play gay people?" I am not talking in binary, black/white categories. I know some actors can muster up feelings that come across as true/genuine regarding situations they have never been in; so, I'm not saying straight peop

Betty Buckley to Star in TALES OF THE CITY Workshop
 Sep 25 2010, 05:38:12 PM
I am so thrilled for this! To see Armistead Maupin's (!) "Tales of the City" (!) made into a musical (!), by the Scissor Sisters (!), previewing in The City (!), with Betty Buckley (!) as one of the lead character (!), Anna (!), oh is just too too electric! I just hate that we can't get tickets now unless we are subscribers. I'm tempted to buy three shows just to get a decent seat.
 Sep 25 2010, 05:29:50 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that information because it answers my wonderings.
 Sep 25 2010, 04:40:54 PM
If Gavin couldn't play a heterosexual young man who was erotically and romantically attracted to a woman, then no, I don't think he should play this (regardless of how great his acting skills and how nice of guy he is). To Gavin's credit, I believed he hit it spot on. I like to see real, in depth performances of truth, and when I saw Will next to Nick, it was apparent who was straight and who was gay (my initial reaction). And, yes, you're right, Will is not being a character while taking these
 Sep 25 2010, 04:32:19 PM
Wow, my question really did spark a disgust! Tazber, if the show/roll call for authentic performances of Spanish women, and these singers weren't excellent in portraying that, then your response has merit. The show is a farce, so anything goes in this production (and I can't wait to see it fly).
Now, I asked people about their thoughts of Will Swenson playing gay in the part. This would be similar to asking people what their thoughts would be of Bernadette in Night Music before any one has

PBS Great Performances suggestions for this year?
 Sep 25 2010, 03:51:42 PM
I agree on Night Music and Next to Normal. Those shows, including the performances, should be captured for those who aren't able to see it.
 Sep 25 2010, 03:48:34 PM
SNAFU, that is a question about the question, not an answer.
 Sep 25 2010, 03:35:04 PM
Well, if Nathan Lane played straight poorly, and you had that opinion, then I would ask you to post that. But, I wish all of you who are prone to call me names, etc, stop posting. If you don't understand the question or if you're perturbed because you think I'm being spiteful, or whatever, just move on. But, If you had any thoughts about the answer of the post (not the question), I'd love to hear it.
 Sep 25 2010, 03:05:53 PM
My question was not meant anything bad about Will; he's an incredible actor/singer/presence and uber-free with his (and others') sexuality, which makes him perfect for the role! I was thrilled he was going to do it for so many more reasons. However, I posed the question after looking at the pictures just posted, and I thought he looked uncomfortable or exaggerated, especially compared to the ease/look of the other actors. So, I wondered if anybody else had thoughts about this. I didn't want my q
 Sep 25 2010, 01:44:12 PM
Just wondering...
Dorothy Collins singing '50 Percent' from Ballroom
 Sep 22 2010, 03:07:03 PM
Oh thank you, aliceripleystheshiz, for posting this! I love the song/show and Dorothy C, so it's great to know this exists. And, yes, I'm curious to know if any other recordings exist. Thanks again for having such great taste! :)
In one word the Tonys were...
 Jun 14 2010, 12:06:17 AM
Oh, you're all making me guffaw!
I would say, "vomit-inducing" and "revolting" (if I had another choice)

Next Year's Tonys
 Jun 14 2010, 12:03:41 AM
Oh, thank you, AwesomeDanny, for helping us move on! I am personally looking forward to The Book of Mormon Musical, Spider-Man, Yank, La Bete, and Women on the Verge of Nervous Breakdown.
I really hope that Bernie and Elaine do Little Night (they would be incredible and lift the show to another level than the original).

Bitch about the Tony winners: here
 Jun 14 2010, 12:00:02 AM
This thread is not titled, "Bitch about the posters" but about the Tony's. Bebe should have been nominated at least! And, Catherine's performance just stank of odd acting choices and misunderstanding the character. Ugh.
The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 11:52:19 PM
I so agree about the lackluster, over-the-top, pointless, wrong, and even disgusting performances and shows of the Tony's and this year's winners. Somebody earlier on these boards said that the lyrics of The Addams Family weren't good. Please! They are adorable, interesting, and keep you waiting and surprised, unlike the hackneyed Na Na Na Na Na of Memphis and the boring mimic of old performers from the 50s (can anyone say, Jersey Boys!). Ugh. I'm glad Nathan and Bebe shined, but of course they
The Addams Family 6/12
 Jun 13 2010, 11:48:36 AM
YES! Please see my thread on my delight of the show and confusion for its Tony snubbing. It's not a perfect musical, but it's a perfect adaptation of the Addams Family.
In my next life, I'm coming back as an adorable broadway chorus boy!
 Jun 12 2010, 11:25:58 PM
We'll be chorus-boy friends, and have lots of fun :)
I'll look for you, CSonBroadway, when I get to the next life.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You