News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Faigs

Faigs Profile Photo
Member Name: Faigs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Help choosing a show..
 Jun 28 2008, 11:55:36 AM
I don't live in New York, so I don't think that would work out. Thank you though. That's good about Patti, too. Isn't it true that she never missed a performance of Sweeney Todd?
 Jun 28 2008, 11:51:48 AM
Any other suggestions?
 Jun 28 2008, 11:46:36 AM
Have you seen both? The thing is, if I did end up seeing Gypsy (which I'm sort of leaning towards) and Patti's understudy went on, I think I'd have a panic attack. Not literally, but I'd feel like those crazy people outside of Grey Gardens went Christine Ebersole was out.
 Jun 28 2008, 11:39:14 AM
jordangirl, I know what you mean. This isn't the only weekend, so, yeah, I would be seeing the show at a later date.

And Gypsy and In the Heights happen to be my other two choices as of right now.

Help choosing a show..
 Jun 28 2008, 11:30:09 AM
I usually get to see one Broadway show a year and my mom promised me I'd get to pick one, and "Sunday" is my absolute favorite show. So I've been bugging her about it since it was announced that it was coming back to Broadway and since my family has absolutely no appreciation for Broadway, my mom thinks it doesn't matter that the show I love and want to see is closing. She decides, however, to try and get tickets literally the day before it closes (today). Obviously, it's sold out.

I'm

re: Song in 'Passing Strange'?
 Feb 28 2008, 08:44:14 PM
Thank you both!

And the lyric is "music is the freight train in which god travels"

Oh well, I was close. :)

Song in "Passing Strange"?
 Feb 28 2008, 08:33:46 PM
I need help with the title of one song from "Passing Strange". I checked their MySpace page and official website and couldn't find it. It's featured in the Broadway.com "in-rehearsal" video and I'm pretty sure the lyrics go: "Music is the great train to push my travels, ... fight all my battles." When does the cast recording come out? I have to get that song! It's amazing! Thanks for your help.
re: Company Commentary Thread
 Feb 20 2008, 09:47:13 PM
Oh really? I thought it would be sooner. Oh well. I'm hoping that someone will be extremely kind and put the show up on YT.

Faigs, most PBS affiliates are running this again after midnight, and a few more times later in the week.

Okay, that's good. :)

Feb 20 2008, 09:44:52 PM
Also, will this be released on DVD? And if so, when?

Sorry for not using the search!

Feb 20 2008, 09:41:19 PM
Will this be airing again?
re: What A Shock
 Jun 11 2007, 12:40:28 AM
I even would have given it to Michael over Raul.

I don't think people would be going so crazy if they gave it to Michael.

No?

Anyway, it's just an award. Really. Life goes on. Awards are given out to actors and musicals and movies that don't deserve it all the time. So what. I mean, I'd feel the same way if I was that passionate about someone's performance, but come on. There are more important things happening in the world.

Just my opinion.

re: New NBC Broadway Special - 6/9 7:00 PM
 Jun 9 2007, 01:45:07 PM
Will someone be taping this? :]
re: Spelling Bee Ad
 May 24 2007, 05:03:40 PM
Your welcome. :)
re: Spelling Bee Ad
 May 24 2007, 04:20:15 PM
This?
Ever went to a show to see a specific actor...
 May 18 2007, 04:13:05 PM
...And saw their understudy?

Not a good feeling. :[

re: Is Spring Awakening the new 'Rent'?
 May 1 2007, 07:11:56 AM
LOL, Spring Awakening isn't good enough to replace Rent.
re: Tim Howar
 Apr 15 2007, 12:28:35 AM
The first time I saw him in Rent, I thought he was pretty good. And then the next time I went, I saw Luther Creek and decided that Tim Howar played the role completely wrong and was not good at all.

However, I do think he's a GREAT singer and although I'm not familiar with every one of his solo songs from Van Tramp, I think his one song "The Garden" is just simply amazing. I could listen to it for hours straight. I think that song should be celebrated, lol. I swear I could definitely s

re: Rent Again and Wicked
 Apr 3 2007, 11:11:26 PM
Larson's rolling over in his grave. That's what I have to say about the current casts of Rent.

You know what, you're an idiot to say that Jonathan Larson is "rolling in his grave". Simply having his show on Broadway was his dream. You think he'd be ANGRY at how successful his show has been and all it has done? It's been on Broadway for ELEVEN f*cking years - I don't think Larson's rolling in his grave. If anything, he's smiling.

You know what, don't listen to what they

Tony Award Upsets?
 Apr 2 2007, 07:03:05 PM
Just thought it would be interesting... What were some of the upsets at previous Tony Awards that you can recount? What were some of the surprises that you were happy/angry about? Recently, I know that people didn't expect Avenue Q to win Best Musical - what are others you can think of...
re: BEAUTY i s a BEAST - 03/25/07 evening review
 Mar 26 2007, 04:50:04 PM
WARNING: If you decide to go see the show just to see John Tartaglia as Lumire, he won't be doing matinees. He is filming the new season of Johnny and the Sprites.

Are you sure? They're filming already?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You