News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Tim Howar

coolkid11776
#1Tim Howar
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:29pm

When is his last show in Rent I want to catch him again before he leves

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

TristezzaBella27
#2re: Tim Howar
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:32pm

I believe he is signed until sometime in June or July.

#2re: Tim Howar
Posted: 2/7/07 at 2:40pm

He plans to leave in July, I believe, provided that his band isn't signed very soon. No set date as of yet.

Definitely try to catch his performance if you can.

moosepower93
#3re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/14/07 at 11:57pm

i know this is kinda late but he put a post on his myspace saying he won't go past JULY 29th unless the double his pay.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#4re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:07am

What's the link to that post?

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#5re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:09am

i know this is kinda late but he put a post on his myspace saying he won't go past JULY 29th unless the double his pay.

That is ridiculous. I didn't enjoy his performance at all when I saw him. He's easily replaceable, and for half the pay that he wants.
Updated On: 4/15/07 at 12:09 AM

viola13
#6re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:13am

There isn't a myspace post, but it's a youtube video that someone took of stagedoor, where he says he's not staying past July 29th. And that's his last possible day- he's not expecting double the pay, and his wife and kids will be in London by then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_P1Yo7Uv2k

Faigs Profile Photo
Faigs
#7re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:28am

The first time I saw him in Rent, I thought he was pretty good. And then the next time I went, I saw Luther Creek and decided that Tim Howar played the role completely wrong and was not good at all.

However, I do think he's a GREAT singer and although I'm not familiar with every one of his solo songs from Van Tramp, I think his one song "The Garden" is just simply amazing. I could listen to it for hours straight. I think that song should be celebrated, lol. I swear I could definitely see it being played on the radio one day - it's such a good song, and every time I listen to it, I feel happy that I saw him in Rent, even though he wasn't the best. But listen to "The Garden" on the band's myspace: www.myspace.com/vantramp

Craww
#8re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:28am

He's easily replaceable, and for half the pay that he wants.

I'm pretty sure the double pay comment was an off the cuff thing, and not a serious expectation. Only slightly more serious than asking them for a golden throne and human sized Habitrail tubes.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:44am

After watching the video it was clear he said the double the pay thing as a joke. He could have said something like he would be there till Julyh 29th unless hell freezes over. I clearly am having trouble explaining it. But, pretty much he stated something that everyone knew wasn't going to happen as a joke.

But, personally I like his Roger. I mean he does play up the angry side of Roger a bit. But, then again you can easilly spend a good deal of time talking about how angry is too angry for a character like Roger. I have seen a couple of actors who played the part as Roger being pissed off and angry from the beginning of act one to the end of the show. They never showed the changes that the character makes during the show. I love his band and Van Tramp is now one of my favorite bands.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#10re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:50am

Glad to hear it was a joke. Stupid of me to take the poster seriously without seeing something to validate it.

thevolleyballer
#11re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 1:32am

Bleh. Tim Howlar, really (oh, how original, haha). When I saw him in July, he was absolutely terrible, I think. Every word was overly angsty, like that one MySpace profile that you accidentally click on and wish you never had. He screamed every note, high or low, and was just way over the top when compared to the more realistic actors beside him.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#12re: Tim Howar
Posted: 4/15/07 at 3:43am

Tim's an amazing performer leave him alone! I'm sure his 'double the payment' was a joke! He NEEDS to come back to UK to do shows (I wish it's On The Town... no chance now tho!) and be beside his amazing wife Ruthie and kids!

If Broadway doesnt want him, West End is always happy to have him!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Videos