News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gymdudeva

Member Name: gymdudeva
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book of Mormon cast as of late?
 Jun 30 2014, 01:28:09 PM

LizzyCurry, what is up with that link? It reads like it was written by a crazed robot:

"Back by renouned demand, THE BOOK OF MORMON, that played a record violation dual week run in 2013, earnings for a singular engagement."

"THE BOOK OF MORMON facilities set pattern by Scott Pask, [. . .] .Music instruction and outspoken arrangements are by Stephen Oremus."

"KJ HIPPENSTEEL (Elder Price) is happy to be fasten a debate of The Book of Mormon! Broadway"

Miss Saigon Movie Cast
 Aug 29 2013, 05:12:27 PM
Can we have this guy for Chris? Please please please? He'd be the right age now, and knows the role. Same costuming decisions as this production would be great. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhmd5-ubJRI

Roles that are hardly ever offstage.
 Jul 20 2013, 01:18:34 PM
The president (forget his name) in NOVEMBER.
Max in BENT.
Most of the cast in BUS STOP.
The two guys in PS, YOUR CAT IS DEAD

Most awkward moment you ever had in a theater?
 Apr 20 2013, 04:46:28 PM
A friend and I smoked a couple of joints and went to Spelling Bee. I got picked to go on stage, at which point my mouth got cotton dry and I was very worried about not being able to speak at the microphone. (It was OK.). One of the onstage cast was sort of hitting on me. When we had to get up and dance with the cast, when I was told to go right somehow I went left and kept bumping into people....my cast member guide was visibly annoyed with me.
Shows With Water
 Mar 29 2013, 01:48:49 PM
The Tempest
Twelfth Night

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
 Jan 19 2013, 01:05:11 PM
1/15

Chita was still out. I thought Alison Cimmet was fine.

Both of the lovers came down to a single-audience-member tie-breaker. (Results in another post above.)

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Dec 8 2011, 02:20:46 PM
Ok, I went back a second time last week (first time was last summer....maybe June?). They seem to have let more people in. It really didn't hurt that much, but just noting.

Also...have they changed the show much? I expected to see many of the same scenes, or pieces of them, but what I saw was 90% new, and I don't think it was only a metter of catching different things. Furthermore, there seemed ot be much MORE action. Whereas before I would wander around and maybe see something after 2

Godspell - First Preview Tonight
 Oct 24 2011, 03:26:03 PM
Excuse my naivete', but what is the big taboo with "previews" and discussing them, for better or worse? Maybe I am from the sticks or something, but they are opening the show to the public and charging $125 (!), then no one is supposed to be publicaly critical?

This is not a dress rehearsal for the Oxnard Community Players! If it's really really that much in progress, or that unpolished, then do some sorts of invited dress rehearsals, or charge $20 for a "workshop" produciton, or somet

Kennedy Center Dress Code?
 Oct 13 2011, 03:20:49 PM
I'd say nice jeans anda polo shirt at a minimum.

Summer is an exception....as anywhere, when it's really hot, almost anything goes. But [DC resident here] the KC is more formal than an average Broadway theatre, and that grand foyer just makes you *wish* you had dressed up more. :) That said, Les Miz is going to be more formal than the symphony performance next door, but keep in mind that all three of the large theatres share the lobby.

Oct 13 2011, 03:10:52 PM
VERY funny and cute, thanks.
Avenue Q Puppets Getting Married.....um...
 Jul 26 2011, 12:21:28 PM
It just seems kind of forced...let me explain...IIRC, Rod has JUST come out of the closet, and the joke is that his first "boyfriend", who he has just met, is this Chelsea muscleguy clone....it's a big leap from that to, um...marriage...
How to prepare for Sleep No More?
 Jul 5 2011, 02:01:32 PM
I wouldn't spend too much time studyng McBeth. IMO, it doesn't follow it that closely, and the whole thing is too disorienting to really relate it to the McBeth plot very much. (They also throw in a little Rebecaa, etc.) Maybe following a character is good, but you also have to deal with the crowds trying to do that, so if that doesn't work for you, just go with your own flow. Trying too hard to figure it out will just lead to frustration. Appreciate the beautiful scenes/rooms on their own term
War Horse seating question
 Jun 16 2011, 05:34:33 PM
We were in row B in the 100s, one seat away from the wall. The way the seats are arranged, B is front row at that point. Even being so far over and so close, it was a great view. And the goose shed some feathers on us! I think this is one show where, despite the unconventially shaped stage, you shouldn't worry about getting a bad seat.
Anyone else think War Horse was over hyped?
 Jun 10 2011, 10:07:49 AM
"Overhyped" by whom?? The marketing people? Did they exaggerate in ways that other shows don't? The people who liked it? Were they TOO enthusiastic, and raved about it more than they REALLY liked it? Did TOO many people enjoy it?
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 24 2011, 09:49:23 PM
OK I saw it last night. The bad-back and knee issues were almost non-existent.....it was weird, I normally cannot stand or walk for really long periods, or climb stairs very easily, but somehow all of that felt so much better at this show...it was like it had some curative powers LOL. The 3 hours FLEW BY! I think it was the adrenaline. I did sit down sometimes, but kept wanting to pop back up and keep moving. It was not overly fun following a mob up or down the stairs, but I think there was a p
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 17 2011, 02:17:42 PM
Thanks all!

One last question. I realize there will be a lot of stair-climbing, walking, etc. but I had a leg injury wherein I can go up/down stairs, but need to go kinda slowly. Also, due to that and a bad back, I get really uncomfortable having to stand for a really long time. It sounds like one CAN go at one's own pace, and sit down on set pieces too. Or it so frenzied that I am going to be on my feet for 3 hours and miserable?

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 17 2011, 12:51:52 PM
Are there places to eat right around there?

I assume dress is very casual? Does it get really hot in there? If it's a warm day are shorts Ok even?

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 14 2011, 06:45:49 PM
I'm taking my partner on the 23rd. Neither of us have been yet. I'm telling him next to nothing before we go! He doesn't even know what show we are seeing!! Heheheh! I did tell him to dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes for lots of walking. I think that right before we go in, I'll tell him to explore everything, that we may get separated (and maybe even SHOULD separate), that any one person can see only a fraction of the whole so don't get frustrated (just go with it), and that there is
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 27 2011, 03:02:41 AM
So is the main bar an actual bar where you can get drinks? Do they have food there? (We have a 7 p.m. ticket and may not get a full dinner beforehand). Can you retire to the bar for a break then dive back in?
Did anyone see the 2000-02 revival of 'The Rocky Horror Show'
 Jan 14 2010, 03:05:14 PM
I saw it twice, early on with the original cast, then later. Of the original cast, I thought Hewitt was magnificent as Frank, and Joan Jett was just awful. Later, after Cavett left, they rotated guest narrators. (I saw some MTV guy, forgot his name.) Bach was actually pretty good.

It was all sort of fun, but as others have said, the audience participation was sort of lifeless and predictable. The set design was interesting....since it was at Circle in the Square, it was on a 3/4 thrust

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You