News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for over_dramatic

over_dramatic Profile Photo
Member Name: over_dramatic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: broadway halloween costumes
 Oct 6 2008, 10:32:33 AM
I was Bat Boy last year... I wore pointy ears, fangs and a sweater vest. Most people thought that i was like a vampire golfer or something.
rants from stage
 Jun 2 2008, 04:31:12 PM
i heard a story from when Matt Damon and Casey Affleck were in This is Our Youth in London and a girl's cell phone rang and she continued to talk saying things like "yeah, no... i'm at the show right now. they're right in front of me".
From what i remember, Matt and Casey stood on stage and stared at her until she finished her conversation.

re: Did Sondheim STEAL a song from Jonathan Larson??????
 May 31 2008, 04:11:54 PM
actually, in the sheet music Larson's "Sunday" is described as "Sondheimian"...

re: 'For Me!'
 Apr 17 2008, 09:26:13 AM
Bst Boy~ "Apology to a Cow"
Revenge will be a home for me.... for me.... for meeeeeee!!!!!!!!

re: The History of 'Merrily We Roll Along'?
 Mar 11 2008, 09:26:36 AM
yeah i'm talking about Whistle, Pacific Overtures and Merrily and including some about Sweeney... since it was a financial flop, but not necessarily a flop in the other sense... i'm hoping to put something about Follies in an introductory paragraph...

Mar 9 2008, 09:50:09 PM
wow! thanks! yeah, i have Art isn't Easy, Secrest's book, Sondheim and Co. and Gottfried's book.
I've also found that the liner notes to the Cast recordings are loaded with info.
I'm not doing Follies because I wasn't aware that it was such a huge flop when i wrote my original proposal...
thanks again!

Mar 9 2008, 07:44:28 PM
this is all sooo interesting! I'm actually writing a paper on Sondheim "flops" for my Theatre History class right now... I've been listening to Merrily practically nonstop and i'm excited to read up more on it! (I haven't quite gotten to it yet in my research...)
It's great to hear about other fans.

re: CRY-BABY starts at the Marquis March 15 - Preview Tickets $54
 Feb 20 2008, 10:50:26 AM
were the Hatchet-Face and Wanda roles cut? If the show begins previews in 3 weeks... you would think these roles would be listed in the press releases or on IBDb... especially since Lenora is mentioned and her role (in the film at least) wasn't nearly as large...
re: '3 Broadway Divas' in Rochester
 Feb 15 2008, 09:41:20 AM
i saw a similar concert in Chicago a few years ago... i liked Debbie's performance, but i wasn't too keen on her "Defying Gravity"... it's a pretty bad arrangement (hopefully she's changed it). i did hear she's very nice, though.
enjoy the show!

re: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof question
 Feb 13 2008, 12:40:23 AM
my paper has to be on Cat on a Hot Tin Roof... it's the play we are reading in my Dramatic Lit class at the moment. I saw that there was this interesting new revival and thought that that would make an interesting paper topic...

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof question
 Feb 12 2008, 10:44:52 PM
Hey, I'm currently writing a paper about the revival of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but sadly I cannot get out of Central Illinios and see the production. So I was hoping that somebody who had seen it could tell me any changes or omissions that were made in order for the play to work for an African American cast.
Thanks!

re: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
 Nov 19 2007, 08:05:50 PM
i saw somewhere that John Tartaglia will be appearing on the parade... does anyone know where and what he'll be doing? last year i watched the whole thing just for 30 seconds of waving...

New Sweeney article!
 Nov 7 2007, 09:27:39 AM
hey, didn't see anything about this article. it was on the mainpage of IMDb this morning....

I'm a bit worried about when JDepp says "punk rock" style singing...

good article though!

re: Worst Changes Made in an Amateur Production
 Apr 26 2007, 04:07:37 PM
we did The Fanstasticks at my school last year. and first i must preface this by saying we are a small Liberal Arts College with about 550 students total, so we didn't have much of an audition turn out to begin. we had 3 boys total in the cast. Matt. one of the father's and a "chorus member" (we were gypsies... members of El Gallo's rag tag army!). every other cast member was female, but played male. our director is notorious for cross gender casting.
we also used "It Depends on What you Pa

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You