News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnnaLouise1986

AnnaLouise1986 Profile Photo
Member Name: AnnaLouise1986
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

20 Questions
 Nov 20 2007, 11:48:11 AM
1. Age: 21

2. Male or Female: Female

3. Favorite Broadway (or other) musical: RENT, Sweeney Todd, Avenue Q

4. Favorite Broadway (or other) straight play: Journey's End

5. Worst Broadway (or other) Musical: I don't have one

6. Worst Broadway straight (or other) play: Again, don't have one

7. Favorite Musical movie: Chicago

8. Worst Musical movie: RENT

9. Favorite Cast Recording: Avenue Q

10. Worst Cast Recording: Tit

re: Who is REALLY affected by the strike? Oh, those POOR tourists!
 Nov 10 2007, 01:19:17 PM
Look, I'm coming from California to NY. This is my second time. And if I had tickets lined up for Wicked, The Jersey Boys, RENT, you name it, I would be sorely disappointed too. Hell, I came out in March to see Journey's End, and I saw it FULL TICKET PRICE, 2nd row. But I also come from a long pedigree of people who shrug things off and say "oh well" -- it's not like New York isn't the most exciting city in the world. Go see the Rockettes if you need a glitzy glam show! Or something off Broadway
re: LOCAL ONE AUTHORIZES STRIKE
 Nov 9 2007, 06:10:32 PM
Is Pygmalion affected? I have tickets for November 25th.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got my answer. I'm glad I only got seats to one Broadway show this season or else I would have felt very disappointed. Jesus, first TV...now Broadway?

re: Standing ovations for plays?
 Jul 18 2007, 11:52:29 AM
Everyone who was at standing ov shows for Journey's End is so fortunate...I saw it late in March and the crowd I was with was shady, at best. A couple of people stood but it was hardly the house. One guy in front of me even fell asleep, another guy (real sex bomb) got up and left because he got splashed. I should have seen it again.
re: JOURNEY'S END closing this Sunday!
 Jun 9 2007, 12:19:35 AM
And Stark Sands will immediately be on location the day after (that Monday) for a film he's doing. It really is over. It couldn't be more bittersweet that this show is going out with dignity.

re: Journey's End to Close Tony Sunday
 May 17 2007, 11:58:22 AM
Promoting Hugh Dancy off who he's dating is ludicrous. The guy was nominated for an Emmy for a critically acclaimed miniseries (Elizabeth I), he was in enough movies that would drive in a certain audience (mostly teenagers) - their marketing was horrible, no matter how you look at it. Sure, it might not have always been a hit, but even to get a nightly 50-60% capacity of people curious of the show based on reviews and buzz would have been better than today, and totally plausible if you ask me. I
re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
 May 16 2007, 12:26:08 PM
Here's a closing notice I definitely didn't want to see coming, although it's more than inevitable. If only I didn't live 3,000 miles away. If you can see this show once or again, see it. I'll live vicariously through all of you people. Despite the awful box office, it's still closing two weeks before its original limited engagement end date. Almost an accomplishment. I only wish Journey's End could have touched more hearts and affected more people like it did when it was on the West End. I just
re: Where IS That Missing Pink Blancmange in Journey's End?
 May 9 2007, 03:51:46 PM
I saw it March 31st and that was the Playbill they gave me, the cast seated at the table smiling. I suppose they're definitely budgeting now.
re: EQUUS Set for Broadway Revival
 Apr 20 2007, 02:49:10 PM
I never started Orlando should have taken the role, I just started something I heard. He might be okay in some stage role, but I don't think Equus is the one for him (age). However, Jamie Bell ought to fit the role nicely. He's not particularly handsome but he's sort of endearing. He also fits the age.
re: EQUUS Set for Broadway Revival
 Apr 20 2007, 01:43:10 PM
Jamie Bell would be FANTASTIC. I've heard through the grapevine that Orlando Bloom was considered for the role but he turned out down because of the nudity.
re: JOURNEY'S END (Please Help)
 Apr 19 2007, 04:23:32 AM
The first row is really AA. Take it from someone who bought BB, thought they were getting the 1st, and got seated in the second only to find out that AA got their seats the day of through student rush! I haven't can't remember where 110 and 111 are but you might want to look at a viewing chart with specific seat numbers (start Googling).

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/15/2007
 Apr 16 2007, 04:20:46 PM
Go JOURNEY'S END! I hope it continues to do better and that W.O.M. is finally starting to kick in.
re: small cast shows
 Apr 12 2007, 01:02:29 PM
Do you mean stuff that's still playing or just plays in general? Butterflies are Free. Just four principle players.
re: ushers gone bad: les miz 3/28 broadhurst theatre
 Apr 11 2007, 04:39:58 PM
I've been to three Broadway shows in my life. Count 'em, three. Living on the West Coast tends to put a strain on the big New York attendances, but each one (Journey's End, Spamalot, RENT) was sort of different.

For a little theatre like the Belasco, the lady who sat us in Orch BB was your typical old you-know-what. Another Shubert owned theatre, I imagine? I didn't dare ask for another Playbill (for an autograph for my friend in Australia who is a Dancy fan). I hadn't know the policies

re: The Most Hauntingly Beautiful Images on Stage
 Apr 9 2007, 08:07:48 PM
Curtain call for Journey's End, and the moments before. I wont give anything away, but it was amazing. I've never quite cried like that during a theatrical experience, and I usually don't get choked up.
Sondheim's Catchiest Score?
 Apr 8 2007, 03:14:39 PM
A Little Priest from Sweeney. Only because it's stuck in my head now.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/25/2007
 Mar 27 2007, 05:33:28 PM
I have a feeling Journey's End will get its two weeks notice and close in about two weeks. It's been touch and go for a while.
re: Journeys End MAY close early--SAVE THIS SHOW
 Mar 20 2007, 05:52:46 PM
You'd think the same production company that made The History Boys a hit couldn't do the same with a truly dignified play. Not that I'm comparing it to History, that's not the point I'm making, I'm just saying that Journey's has really gotten the short end of the stick. I couldn't be more disappointed for the cast and crew of this show. However, I can't help but think that with promotion, this production could gain legs and survive til May. Because of my love for the show (and wanting to see it
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/18/2007
 Mar 19 2007, 10:56:44 PM
This *appeared* on Stark Sand's official website today. See it NOW or see it never.

-------

As you may know, I have been doing a play on Broadway for the past few months called Journey's End. I told many of you I would let you know if I heard anything about the play closing prematurely. Well, our executive producer Bill Haber called an impromptu cast meeting after the show last night, to congratulate us on having the best reviewed show on Broadway, but also to let us know that

re: Everyone's name?
 Mar 19 2007, 09:28:04 PM
My first and middle name and the year I was born. QUITE interesting, clearly.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You