pixeltracker

Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances

Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances

Yankeefan007
#1Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 8:18am

As per their full page ad in the Times (touting every single award), "there are only 31 performances left to experience the most acclaimed play of the season."

That brings them to June 10. I give them a lot of credit for hanging on that long. Updated On: 5/16/07 at 08:18 AM

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#2re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 8:41am

Definitely knew this was coming, but it makes me sad either way.

I will definitely put it on my list to see it once more before Tony time.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#2re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:19am

aww that's sad re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances i hope Stark and all the other guys find work on Broadway again soon!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#3re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:37am

I hope Stark shows up at BROADWAY BARES.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#4re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:45am

he can offer body painting with the fake blood on stage re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:47am

Aww, so very sad. I wish they would stay open even a week past the Tonys so they can enjoy their victories.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#6re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:47am

I saw it coming but it still makes me sad. Such a great show with such fine performances. Just sad.

NJgirl
#7re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 10:48am

I will have to get back and see this show again. One of the best shows I saw this season.

AuditioningWaitress
#8re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 10:50am

It's a shame it never found it's audience. Saw this multiple times and Boyd Gaines broke my heart everytime!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#9re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 10:59am

I'm seeing it for my third (and probably last) time this Friday. Hugh Dancy's performance was the most underrated of the season.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

shesamarshmallow
#10re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 11:01am

I know I shouldn't be excited about this.
But that probably means it won't randomly close before then.
And therefore I can see it.
Hooray!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 11:03am

Personally, I'm just glad that it lasted as long as it did and that I was fortunate enough to see it three times. I hope that the Tony nominations and the impending closing will motivate people to finally get out and see it.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

usmma2010 Profile Photo
usmma2010
#12re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 11:31am

well im buying my tickets now, such an amazing show

"and in the end the love you make is equal to the love you take"

AnnaLouise1986 Profile Photo
AnnaLouise1986
#13re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 12:26pm

Here's a closing notice I definitely didn't want to see coming, although it's more than inevitable. If only I didn't live 3,000 miles away. If you can see this show once or again, see it. I'll live vicariously through all of you people. Despite the awful box office, it's still closing two weeks before its original limited engagement end date. Almost an accomplishment. I only wish Journey's End could have touched more hearts and affected more people like it did when it was on the West End. I just hope people allow it to go out with dignity.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#14re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 12:38pm

I wish that Hugh Dancy had been nominated over Boyd Gaines.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Piercemn Profile Photo
Piercemn
#15re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 12:56pm

In London it's been constantly extended, or has closed and reopened, but in America it can't get an audience. This is sad, because it's a brilliant play and the production is stunning!

NYC Visitor and Broadway Fan

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#16re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 2:21pm

once again, i agree with you munkustrap. Hugh Dancy deserved that nomination.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#17re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/16/07 at 7:54pm

Sorry to hear that. Everyone who I know who saw it enjoyed it a lot.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#18re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/17/07 at 12:54am

I think that Boyd Gaines was the emotional anchor of this production, and deserves recognition for that. He is not called "uncle" for no reason - the rest of the cast does play very young.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#19re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/17/07 at 6:03am

So sad but definitely on my must-see again list.

Claire4
#20re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/17/07 at 8:25am

Here was hoping a Tony nod would help it. Will see it again before it closes.

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#21re: Journey's End to Close in 31 Performances
Posted: 5/17/07 at 9:05am

Like a whole bunch of people are saying I'm just lucky enough that i saw it and happy enough too. I believe any serious fan of theatre should see this. Especially if you are an actor (the character quality and the performances are unbelievable). But, i am happy it lasted this long with such unfortunately low numbers. I hope it wins a lot of Tonys. Which i wouldn't be surprised by either.