News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Larry6417

Member Name: Larry6417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Matthew Broderick in BABBITT at the LA Jolla Playhouse  Dec 3 2023, 07:09:03 PM

Broderick's trademark impish performance in BABBITT is in full swing in one of the most boring plays I have ever seen. Two hours at the theater has never been longer.

Garth Drabinsky Added to Actors' Equity Do Not Work List  Jul 14 2022, 07:35:08 PM

Surprised?

Nederlander should never have taken the booking.

What next????

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 05:40:06 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "God believes in second chances and so should we.

Unless of course you're an atheist.

..or soulless, or both.

No comment. Just stop with the attacks.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)  Jul 11 2022, 05:01:57 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Never going to work on Broadway again, what a mess"

It's clear that this production is not what Ms. Beanie expected. Bad reviews of the production and bad performance reviews that many times were too kind to Ms Feldstein's performance.

You bring back FUNNY GIRL (finally) and cast Beanie Feldstein??!!??!!

Didn't anyone see her in HELLO DOLLY? A waaaaaaay over-the-top performance, even for a character that is over-the

King James - Taper  Jun 22 2022, 08:28:46 PM

VernonGersch said: "Curious to other folks' take on the show"

KING JAMES is not selling well. Please go. You will not be disappointed!

The play is wonderful, but light. What makes it so captivating are the performances, especially Chris Perfetti.

Rajiv Joseph doesn't write a bad play. His greatest IMHO is "Bengal Tiger..." Why it was such a bomb in NY with Robin Williams is beyond me. The productions in LA at the Kirk Douglas and the T

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to Broadway this Fall!  Jun 7 2022, 07:43:22 PM

quizking101 said: "Featuring Clark, Milligan, and most of the off-Broadway cast

This is NOT Dear Evan Hansen folks!

This is an inferior product derived from an outstanding play.

Prediction: Will close within 6 months. If this were the 1970's it would close before it even opened.

I'M SICK OF THESE BLINDED EYE PRODUCERS THAT ARE SO ENTICED BY BROADWAY THAT THEY WILL BRING IN ANYTHING EVEN IF ITS AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

SEE,

ALMOST FAMOUS To Open On Broadway Fall 2022  Jun 3 2022, 05:54:05 PM

inception said: "OhHiii said: "
POV: the show went on sale yesterday, you haven't seen the show, the show hasn't even started rehearsals for Broadway and it's already closing less than 3 months after it starts performances.

Some of ya'll are truly hilarious.
"

It just reminds me of Rocky, Pretty Woman, Tootsie, Doubtfire, King Kong, maybe Bridges of Madison County, Bullets Over Broadway etc... all these slapped together film adaptations that only lasted a few months.

I have similar suspicions that Some Like It Hot may face the same fate, except that show has secured a cast that may keep interest a bit longer.

ALMOST FAMOUS the Musical has NONE of the charm that the film has, which is almost always the case with these film to musical dabacles. IMHO, people are going to lose millions.

ALMOST FAMOUS To Open On Broadway Fall 2022  Jun 2 2022, 02:27:07 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Previews begin September 13, opening night October 11 at a Shubert theatre to be announced!

Well I certainly hope the show has been fixed since San Diego. They had plenty of time to do it.

What's to be said about the composer when the best songs in the show were written by Elton John, Bernie Taupin, & JONI MITCHEL??!!

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?  May 18 2022, 06:46:01 PM

Christian Borle is the luckiest person on Broadway.

So mediocre. So uninteresting.

IMHO

PS- NPH is NOT Chip Zien and neither is CB. You want perfection? Listen to the OBC!

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews  Apr 14 2022, 05:26:13 PM

From the NY Times:

"As Mamet Returns to Broadway, His Claims on Pedophilia Get Spotlight"

"The playwright fueled outrage with his claim on Fox News that teachers were “inclined” to pedophilia as he promoted a new book that decries “the Left’s anti-Trump psychosis.”

David Mamet on Bill Maher's REAL TIME: 75% of theater audiences are NYC tourists  Apr 14 2022, 05:25:06 PM

From the NY Times:

"As Mamet Returns to Broadway, His Claims on Pedophilia Get Spotlight"

"The playwright fueled outrage with his claim on Fox News that teachers were “inclined” to pedophilia as he promoted a new book that decries “the Left’s anti-Trump psychosis.”

MR. SATURDAY NIGHT Previews  Apr 7 2022, 07:47:44 PM

Jesus, Lord, and Baby Jesus help us from this!

Where is the original material??!!

Money grab at the end of the star's career.

(I don't blame Mr Crystal, just the producers.)

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 7 2022, 07:43:12 PM

If you want to see his show and REALLY see it, you would have to pay much more than $97.

The experience that you get is based on the ticket price.

Enough said.

Apr 5 2022, 07:08:43 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/AMERICAN-BUFFALO-Announces-Digital-Lottery-and-Rush-Policies-20220405

Is the Waitress tour going non-eq?  Mar 15 2022, 05:45:35 PM

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Was thinking about catching it in Hershey with the new late November dates they announced. I checked the tour website to see the cast, but Hershey wasnt on there. Does anyone know if its returning as non-eq?"

When will AEA take care of this? It's their job to make these tours UNION. I have no problem with non-union actors as I rep many of them, but AEA....it's time to stretch any muscles you have left on this issue!

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW  Mar 9 2022, 10:10:17 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "NYTimes
New York Theater Workshop, best known as the birthplace of “Rent,” said Monday that its production of “Merrily” would run in “late 2022”; it did not announce dates. Radcliffe will play Charley Kringas, a lyricist and playwright; the theater did not announce other cast members.
"

We certainly do not need another production of this, but thank the theatre gods that Harry P is NOT playing Frank!

Andrew Garfield wants to return to Broadway with SUNDAY IN THE PARK  Mar 1 2022, 07:02:07 PM

Settle down Mr Garfield.

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 8 2022, 08:32:24 PM

Yes the show is great. I saw the 80 minute wonder in London in 2019.

BUT

$500 for an orchestra seat is sad.

A very small band and six actors getting paid scale or a bit above does not a $500 show make.

Will Everybody's Talking About Jamie transfer to Broadway?  Jan 31 2022, 09:02:57 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Now that the show is in LA, do we feel Broadway is imminent?"

I saw it on the West End in 2019 and in Los Angeles last week. I loved it, but it's very British and in Broadway's current climate I do not see how or why the show would transfer. SIX is an anomaly that had many years of promotion online and a massive gain of online support and fandom created by it's presence there. Certainly there's a theatre available for JAIME in NYC,

London Actors that should perform on Broadway!  Jan 18 2022, 08:47:42 PM

My boyfriend, CHARLIE STEMP!!!!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You