News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ftworthguy

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Member Name: Ftworthguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  May 2 2024, 11:25:42 AM

Well this is just brilliant 

SHUCKED will close January 14, 2024  Jan 14 2024, 12:42:34 PM

Anyone going today? 

Favorite and/or Best Movie-to-Musicals, 1980s to Present  Oct 16 2023, 02:22:34 PM

For me I'd put Legally Blonde, Billy Elliott, Hairspray, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Producers in my top 5

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Oct 3 2023, 01:22:33 PM

teddy1996 said: "SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP will have another round of negotiations today. the strike can end within the next 15 days just in time for the press tour. fingers crossed."

And I think having the press tour will be key to the success of the film.   I'm with you teddy -- fingers crossed

11 NEW MUSICALS - WOW  Sep 20 2023, 01:50:41 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Wondering if GUTENBERG will be deemed a revival or new work for Tonys purposes. Their advertising is focused on the newness of it, but the material has existed for more than fifteen years and shouldfall under the "classics" rule (if HEDWIG and BLACKBIRD are revivals...)"

My thoughts exactly -- it's not "new" 

Lea Michele as Fanny Brice  Sep 4 2023, 10:18:18 AM

Jarethan said: "This is the math major in me, I guess, but I would love to know how many performances Lea, Julie and Beanie each ultimately performed. I would imagine that, by the end, Julie may have performed more performances than Beanie. A piece of trivia admittedly, but interesting to know."

According to Julie's Insta, she did 182 shows as Fanny 

Beanie was in the show from March 26 to July 31 (according to ibdb.com).  So she did the show for

Tonys day show cancellations  May 30 2023, 01:17:27 PM

I've been lucky enough to attend the Tonys twice -- and I saw "Proof" the day it won the Tony and "Kinky Boots" the day it won the Tony.   As others have said it HAS to be the logistics of getting so far Uptown.  In the past, with Radio City, EVERY show COULD walk to Radio City if needed (except perhaps shows at Lincoln Center) 

What to see week of May 1st  May 18 2023, 01:48:52 PM

I made a quick trip up last week and saw Kimberly Akimbo and Shucked -- LOVED them both.   

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 3 2023, 12:28:54 PM

noahseestheatre said: "Mr. Wormwood said: "BETTY22 said: "I have been trying t research what a TONY win means for a show.

Is there any scientific data? Such as a best musical win get's you 15% box office bump?
"

I'm sure there is someone who could mine the data but I think there's so much fluctuation because of what a show has done before the Tonys.

Sometimes, a Tony for Best Musical can prevent a show from a lik

Musings on casting MAME  Jan 17 2023, 01:40:19 PM

JSquared2 said: "Loretta Swit"

With Joyce DeWitt as Vera

NEXT TO NORMAL Film Adaptation On The Way?  Jan 17 2023, 01:25:34 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Watching “Star is Born” again and thought “These two should do the N2N film”."

I've always thought that Bradley Cooper and Toni should do it, with him directing

The Menu film - theatre stars aplenty  Jan 10 2023, 03:01:09 PM

I thought it was terrifically fun, but Judith Light was wasted in the role, IMO.  

GUYS & DOLLS at the Kennedy Center  Oct 8 2022, 11:57:40 AM

Valentina3 said: "Mpkenny99 said: "Any names swirling around for Spiderwoman yet?"

None that I have heard, but based on the casting game so far this season, I'm expecting a genuine dance-heavy hitter like Olivo. An ambitious production team would probably pursue DeBose as well.
"

I think DeBose is perfect for it.   Along with current Princes, Gavin Creel as Molina and and Joshua Henry as Valentin.  

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Sep 4 2022, 02:57:33 PM

Yep -- I had friends that had tickets.   The House Management team was coming out to talk to people as they got there.  

Katy Perry in THE ADDAMS FAMILY LIVE  Sep 1 2022, 11:11:12 AM

If I remember correctly, the show was in trouble in Chicago, so Jerry Zaks was brought in to pep up the show.   I think that his history with Nathan came into play and they just gave Nathan tons more to do.  

Please don't come at me if I've gotten this incorrect.    

Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas  Aug 19 2022, 01:09:58 PM

everythingtaboo said: "Because you posted this here and ATC without the actual article:

NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel

No one is forcing the hotel to house them. But the city is desperate to house them and is actively soliciting bids. Hopefully it all works out while Gov. Abbott finishes up with his little publicity stunt.
"

You nailed it -- it's all a stunt by Abbott to show he's 'tough' on immigration.   He's an embarrassment to our state.    Grateful that NYC is helping 

Into The Woods casting updates  Aug 19 2022, 01:04:45 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "I have to say that all these re-casting choices are ON POINT - this show is easily one of the MUST SEE events of this Broadway season. I just wish that Sondheim were alive to see this..:he would be so pleased."

Totally agree Carlos -- I thought it was near perfect and could only think of how proud and pleased Mr. Sondheim would have been.  

How much longer can  Aug 18 2022, 10:21:06 AM

I saw it last weekend (for the first time in NYC) -- The Ambassador was the only house I hadn't seen a show in.   The show is exactly what every tourist wants, while it's a little long, it will continue as long as the house continues to fill like it did Sunday night.  

But you're all right -- WOW that house needs a complete overhaul 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 11 2022, 03:41:34 PM

Like the still running Encores production of "Chicago" isn't this minimal staging so ITW could move houses??

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Jun 28 2022, 10:41:51 AM

Anyone have any insight on casting for August? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You