pixeltracker

Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas

Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#1Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/15/22 at 6:37pm

According to The New York Post the Times Square hotel next door to The Majestic theatre housing The Phantom of the Opera has a new purpose. It seems the Mayor is behind it. When I looked up this famed hotel it is noted there is a resort fee of $40. per night also. Whi will be paying this fee the city ?

JSquared2
#2Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/15/22 at 6:49pm

Most touristy NYC hotels now have a "resort fee" racked on.  Regardless of what is listed for The Row, it is highly unlikely that the City of New York will be paying them the rack rate.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/15/22 at 9:08pm

This hotel ''formely the Milford Plaza'' is huge 1300 rooms - good for them as they have plenty of room to help house migrants from TX. HA the resort fee is for tourists staying at the hotel n/a for migrants and to answer your question - NO they won't be paying the ''resort fee''. 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#4Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/15/22 at 9:22pm

I’ve stayed in about 10 different places in NY, including The Row for 4 nights in January 2022. It’s a no frills place, but I lucked into a corner room overlooking the Majestic and St James Theatres.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#5Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/15/22 at 10:41pm

Because you posted this here and ATC without the actual article:

NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel

No one is forcing the hotel to house them. But the city is desperate to house them and is actively soliciting bids. Hopefully it all works out while Gov. Abbott finishes up with his little publicity stunt.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

SouthernCakes
#6Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 12:14am

I don’t get how it’s legal for Abbot to do this? Why send them to the most populous city on the planet. Sent them to Toledo. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#7Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 12:53am

SouthernCakes said: "I don’t get how it’s legal for Abbot to do this? Why send them to the most populous city on the planet. Sent them to Toledo."

Because it's a "Liberal" enclave and because they're always saying support Migrants they opt to instead of actually using some of their own plentiful real estate and federal funding to help rehouse they instead send them here to see how "we" like it. As if New Yorkers are going to even notice a few more thousand people in the city. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#8Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 7:57am

There might be more opportunities for jobs (official and under the table) here in NYC.

Given the tons of people in Times Square this summer, I thought all the hotels were doing well but I guess the Row is struggling to fill its rooms. I hope this works out. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 11:46am

BIG BALONEY said: "According to The New York Post the Times Square hotel next door to The Majestic theatre housing The Phantom of the Opera has a new purpose. It seems the Mayor is behind it. When I looked up this famed hotel it is noted there is a resort fee of $40. per night also. Who will be paying this fee the city ?"

Since the OP is allergic to facts and actually thinks the NYP is a credible, non Trumpian site, let me break it down for you.

The "migrants" or human beings with nowhere to go were shipped here by a sociopath from Texas which should be completely illegal and is doing it to win reelection this year. 

They will occupy one floor of the massive hotel with 1300 rooms total. Not the ENTIRE HOTEL. 

The hotel who has been desperate for tourists will get a big check.

Facts Matter. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 11:55am

I really like the Row and have never had any issues staying there. It's been cheap, clean and close to all the theatres. I am glad they are helping these folks out. The Row was desperately understaffed my last two visits, so maybe they can even employ some of the new residents. 

Abbott is vile. I hope he gets voted out. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

JSquared2
#11Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 12:02pm

Sutton Ross said: "BIG BALONEY said: "According to The New York Post the Times Square hotel next door to The Majestic theatre housing The Phantom of the Opera has a new purpose. It seems the Mayor is behind it. When I looked up this famed hotel it is noted there is a resort fee of $40. per night also. Who will be paying this fee the city ?"

Since the OP is allergic to facts and actually thinks the NYP is a credible, non Trumpian site, let me break it down for you.

The "migrants" or human beings with nowhere to go were shipped here by a sociopath from Texas which should be completely illegal and is doing it to win reelection this year.

They will occupy one floor of the massive hotel with 1300 rooms total. Not the ENTIRE HOTEL.

The hotel who has been desperate for tourists will get a big check.

Facts Matter.
"

Dear "Facts Matter" Chick -

It's up to 600 families -- which is far more than one floor.

Facts DO matter...,maybe check on yours every once in a while?  Lolz.

whatever2
#12Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 12:23pm

Abbott is doing this to DC as well ... he's sent 6000 folks there so far.

BTW these bus rides from Texas to the East Coast are on *school buses*.

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#13Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 3:41pm

whatever2 said: "Abbott is doing this to DC as well ... he's sent 6000 folks there so far.

BTW these bus rides from Texas to the East Coast are on *school buses*.
"

The Democrats need a national coordinated strategy on Texas' weaponization of migrants ASAP.

In nyc, we need a smarter mayor who is focused on something other than auditioning for the Presidency and who doesn't cluelessly wander into disastrous political traps set for him. 

Updated On: 8/16/22 at 03:41 PM

lily carver
#14Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 9:42pm

All you need to know about the accuracy and politics of New York Post is the click bait headline calling this a "FAMED LUXURY HOTEL"???? It was NEVER a "luxury" hotel. When it was the Milford it was a favorite of airline crews and tour groups and as the Row it is a favorite of tourists especially foreign ones looking for a good deal. Not a terrible place but not remotely "luxury" but that would not fit the NY Posts trying slime immigrants as lazy people sucking up benefits that should go to  "real" Americans.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#15Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 10:22pm

JSquared2 said: "
Dear "Facts Matter" Chick -

It's up to 600 families -- which is far more than one floor.

Facts DO matter...,maybe check on yours every once in a while? Lolz
"

Can you read, babe? The quote from thr Post article...

*Ahem*

“It’ll be here at this hotel, but they’ll keep the DHS shelter on a certain floor. But that hasn’t started yet, they said a month or two.”

Once things are established it'll be one floor. They're working with what they have now. This isn't planned to be just a hotel for Migrants, it's going to be an actual shelter. It's not going to be one family or even two families to a room. They'll bunk a bunch of singles together. They'll group non infant kids together. Why exactly do you care either way? It's not going to be mixed hotel guests and those being sheltered. 

Updated On: 8/16/22 at 10:22 PM

Jarethan
#16Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/16/22 at 10:36pm

I am going to sound like a Republican, but do they really need to do it in the theatre district…I do not think this is the best place from a business perspective.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#17Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/17/22 at 12:35am

I stayed at the Row during the shutdowns when I visited and they still charged me a resort fee even though there were no...amenities, so that left me salty. 

But I just don't get how you can just bus people to other cities? Can't the cities refuse? Can't the President say anything? Just seems odd. And stupid. 

Bus them to metro areas, sure, but maybe not the BIGGEST cities and busiest cities. I do agree there are probably a lot of opportunities, but where I'm from in the South is having a boom right now and could use the help. Just seems like a dumb flex.

UncleCharlie
#18Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/17/22 at 4:13am

RippedMan said: "I stayed at the Row during the shutdowns when I visited and they still charged me a resort fee even though there were no...amenities, so that left me salty.

But I just don't get how you can just bus people to other cities? Can't the cities refuse? Can't the President say anything? Just seems odd. And stupid.

Bus them to metro areas, sure, but maybe not the BIGGEST cities and busiest cities. I do agree there are probably a lot of opportunities, but where I'm from in the South is having a boom right now and could use the help. Just seems like a dumb flex.
"

No disrespect but I don't think you're quite grasping what's happening here. You're looking at it from a logistically "what cities make the most sense and would incur the minimum inconvenience and maximum benefit and ease of assimilation from hosting these folks"..

Abbott, the person making the decision where to send them on the other hand is looking at this from who on the left can I give the biggest finger to, cause the maximum disruption and suffering, make it as unpleasant as possible for those damn immigrants and make those lefty lib bleeding hearts in DC and New York get a taste of Texas style payback. Let's be honest, Texas has a lot of land. There's really no reason they need to be sent anywhere in the first place. How much of an inconvenience it is for New York and DC and how little sense it makes is the whole point. As we say in software development, it's a feature, not a bug.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#19Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/17/22 at 9:23am

Jarethan said: "I am going to sound like a Republican, but do they really need to do it in the theatre district…I do not think this is the best place from a business perspective."

You won't even notice them unless you camped outside of the hotel.  Remember, NYC is a constant flow of 100 more people getting off of each bus.

We should educate these guests, then make them citizens, then send them back to Texas to VOTE

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#20Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/17/22 at 11:32am

Wee Thomas2 said: "Jarethan said: "I am going to sound like a Republican, but do they really need to do it in the theatre district…I do not think this is the best place from a business perspective."

You won't even notice them unless you camped outside of the hotel. Remember, NYC is a constant flow of 100 more people getting off of each bus.

We should educate these guests, then make them citizens, then send them back to Texas to VOTE
"

I think you might be unpleasantly surprised at how many would vote Red, not Blue. And as citizens that would be their right unless we're talking about turning these human beings into a caste of permanently weaponized political tools.

Updated On: 8/17/22 at 11:32 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#21Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/17/22 at 1:53pm

UncleCharlie said: "RippedMan said: "I stayed at the Row during the shutdowns when I visited and they still charged me a resort fee even though there were no...amenities, so that left me salty.

"

No disrespect but I don't think you're quite grasping what's happening here. You're looking at it from a logistically "what cities make the most sense and would incur the minimum inconvenience and maximum benefit and ease of assimilation from hosting these folks"..

Abbott, the person making the decision where to send them on the other hand is looking at this from who on the left can I give the biggest finger to, cause the maximum disruption and suffering, make it as unpleasant as possible for those damn immigrants and make those lefty lib bleeding hearts in DC and New York get a taste of Texas style payback. Let's be honest, Texas has a lot of land. There's really no reason they need to be sent anywhere in the first place. How much of an inconvenience it is for New York and DC and how little sense it makes is the whole point. As we say in software development, it's a feature, not a bug.
"

I mean, yeah. I'm logical, and care about people. 

But yeah it's sad they'd still vote for him.

OhHiii
#22Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/18/22 at 4:27pm

Jarethan said: "I am going to sound like a Republican, but do they really need to do it in the theatre district…I do not think this is the best place from a business perspective."

Maybe just say less.

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#23Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/18/22 at 4:45pm

Don't want to sound like a Republican? Then you should have posted this. "Fantasitc news. These poor people who fled their countries to find safety, liberty and freedom and a chance to live a happy life have found welcome arms in New York City, the city know for welcoming immigrants for hundreds of years. God bless them all."  That's how you don't sound like a Republican. 

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#24Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/19/22 at 1:09pm

everythingtaboo said: "Because you posted this here and ATC without the actual article:

NYC moving migrants into famed luxury Times Square hotel

No one is forcing the hotel to house them. But the city is desperate to house them and is actively soliciting bids. Hopefully it all works out while Gov. Abbott finishes up with his little publicity stunt.
"

You nailed it -- it's all a stunt by Abbott to show he's 'tough' on immigration.   He's an embarrassment to our state.    Grateful that NYC is helping 

theatreguy12
#25Row Hotel on 44th Street and 8th Avenue to house migrants coming from Texas
Posted: 8/20/22 at 3:15am

sinister teashop said: "Wee Thomas2 said: "Jarethan said: "I am going to sound like a Republican, but do they really need to do it in the theatre district…I do not think this is the best place from a business perspective."

You won't even notice them unless you camped outside of the hotel. Remember, NYC is a constant flow of 100 more people getting off of each bus.

"

I think you might be unpleasantly surprised at how many would vote Red, not Blue. And as citizens that would be their right unless we're talking about turning these human beings into a caste of permanently weaponized political tools.
"

Which is exactly what leaving the borders open intended to do from the very beginning, as per the sitting president.

He probably did think they would be so grateful to HIM they would vote for his party.  But many of the immigrants coming across the border don't really believe in a lot of what his party stands for.

We all know he had his reasons for making it a free-for-all along the southern border.  So if the TX governor wants to play a game so be it.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Getting all wound up about it in these more liberal cities just makes them look like hypocrites, and not the caring people they pretend to be.

TX has a huge border and they are the ones being most impacted by it.  Which is fine with the more liberal enclaves.  As long as it isn't in THEIR backyard, right?   

And saying that there is more land and space in TX isn't the point either.

People may not like Abbott for what he did, but these more liberal enclaves have showed their true colors by, instead of welcoming them (which would have fit their purported narrative to go along with open borders) becoming more defensive, pointing their finger at the TX governor and meeting these actions with "how are we going to handle all these people?"  

They didn't seem to care when it was TX dealing with the policy of an open border that they started.  The liberal response up north has actually proven more embarrassing than anything else.  That whole attitude of being perfectly fine with huge influxes of immigrants, "as long as they're not in my backyard," goes against everything they pretend to stand for.  Instead of calling Abbott names, the response should be, "Totally fine by us, governor. We want them here."  

What we've seen is the opposite. 

Outside of the Native Americans, we are all immigrants.  But that doesn't mean a country shouldn't have rules for entry.  Every other country has immigration rules in place, but somehow we're the only bad guys if we try to enforce it.  It makes us the "r" word.  

Funny though how we have a country to our north, led by a leader who has appeared in black face, that is extremely selective in their immigration policy.  And a southern neighbor that has no problem securing their southern border.  

But we're the bad guys.