News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NewSynchopation

NewSynchopation Profile Photo
Member Name: NewSynchopation
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Second account of mjohnson2, to be used on the second computer of the younger guy who runs that account.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kenny Leon to direct Broadway revival of CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD...  Sep 29 2014, 03:13:03 PM
Kenny Leon is pretty good at respectable productions of classic plays, so I hope he will do well with this work. He is at the very least a tasteful director so I'm sure he wouldn't have the nerve to cast hearing actors in the deaf roles.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/28/14  Sep 29 2014, 03:07:35 PM
Rough week for LOVE LETTERS and ONCE. I can't imagine that LES MIZ will last past January.
Who makes up these silly lists  Sep 25 2014, 01:45:08 PM
No, it was a perfect list until they revised and updated it (unnecessarily).
NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812  Sep 24 2014, 03:11:29 PM
The script is available on Samuel French and War and Peace is always available at your local library.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/21/14  Sep 22 2014, 03:35:16 PM
Both ONCE and CINDERELLA dropped below the dreaded 60% Mark and LOVE LETTERS barely made over $100,000. Rough week for all.
curious incident previews  Sep 11 2014, 04:01:06 PM
Wait, Whizzer what was the musical about writers in a dilapidated Brooklyn apartment based on a non fiction book?
A Wicked Review  Sep 10 2014, 05:15:35 PM
Sounds like it may be a contender for best musical at the Tony Awards! Has anybody else seen this yet?
What will Audra do next?  Sep 9 2014, 04:49:34 PM
Heroin
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14  Sep 8 2014, 03:38:46 PM
I told everyone that Rannells wouldn't hold an audience for HEDWIG
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14  Sep 8 2014, 03:17:11 PM
September is a rough month for everyone.
Coming October 16--Michael C. Hall as HEDWIG!  Sep 8 2014, 02:01:49 PM
I've always found him to be one of the best actors working today, and every single performance he gives is pretty phenomenal. Also, his singing voice is much stronger than both Rannels' and Harris'
Delete  Sep 8 2014, 01:59:22 PM
Delete
RIP: Joan Rivers has passed away  Sep 4 2014, 03:27:51 PM
Truly tragic news. And to think people were making fun of her in the off-topic thread.
Question about Funny Girl (specifically Cornet Man)  Sep 4 2014, 11:57:20 AM
I really think that the movie is good enough and captured Barbra's performance well enough that we don't need another production. It was a show written for her and she is what makes the movie good. Nobody else could do that role as well as her, so why should we get somebody else who wouldn't do it well enough? Oh, and if always crack up at the Roller Skate Rag, and I prefer it to Cornet Man
Video analysis: Miscast Mame — Angela Lansbury vs. Lucille Ball  Aug 30 2014, 01:17:51 PM
I agree with him kind of on this one (though I can never forgive him for hating HELLO, DOLLY!) but I think that in order to find criticism he only watched 2 scenes from both the movie and the musical and found his meager criticisms in those, instead of properly watching both (but can you blame him? The Mame movie is terrible!) and making his criticisms from that.
Universal joins as Producer on SIDE SHOW  Aug 28 2014, 06:17:14 PM
So I am not allowed to have an opinion on a message board for opinions about theatre, just be causes you don't share my opinion? I will not hush my opinion merely because you don't want others to see that somebody doesn't like your precious little favorite musical. It was painfully bad to sit through and generic in the worst of ways with soap operatic drama that literally made me laugh in the middle of the show. It was one of the worst travesties in Tony award history when that show won over NEX
Universal joins as Producer on SIDE SHOW  Aug 28 2014, 03:34:42 PM
PORGY AND BESS lost money, and they would have lost more money on the viciously expensive CRY-BABY and BRING IT ON than they would have made on those three plays, but yes BILLY ELLIOT was a success, though a garbage musical.
Universal joins as Producer on SIDE SHOW  Aug 28 2014, 03:27:33 PM
Wow, they have not made good investment choices since WICKED.
Unexpected Flops  Aug 28 2014, 01:49:13 PM
Mister Matt, KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN, WOMAN OF THE YEAR, and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS all recouped
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU previews.  Aug 28 2014, 01:46:45 PM
Two intermissions is nice. It gives a nice bit of respite and breaks up shows better than just one intermission.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You