pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:12pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 9/7/2014 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

Click Here to Visit the Broadway Grosses...

Up for the week by attendance was: THIS IS OUR YOUTH (9.3%), LES MISÉRABLES (1.4%), THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (0.9%),

Down for the week by attendance was: HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (-23.3%), CINDERELLA (-14.6%), PIPPIN (-13.6%), CABARET (-12.8%), YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU (-12.4%), MATILDA (-12.0%), ONCE (-8.4%), MOTOWN THE MUSICAL (-7.3%), ROCK OF AGES (-7.3%), BEAUTIFUL (-6.0%), CHICAGO (-3.0%), IF/THEN (-2.9%), MAMMA MIA! (-2.8%), JERSEY BOYS (-2.5%), IT'S ONLY A PLAY (-2.1%), WICKED (-1.6%), THE LION KING (-1.5%), A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (-1.4%), ALADDIN (-0.3%), KINKY BOOTS (-0.2%),

Click Here to Visit the BroadwayWorld Grosses...

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:14pm

Cinderella Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14, hopefully the new LP and Berthe will bring in some more money for Pippin, Andrea clearly is not a big draw. Overall not a good week for Broadway at all.

NewSynchopation
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:17pm

September is a rough month for everyone.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:20pm

September has arrived...

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:27pm

Is Gentleman's Guide the most positively impacted TONY winner ever? Even during a horrible week the theater was full and it played to over 94% of paid capacity.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:29pm

This is every year this time of year. Nothing new.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

NewSynchopation
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:38pm

I told everyone that Rannells wouldn't hold an audience for HEDWIG

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 3:51pm

Wow this week sucked. I am going to be seeing a few shows this weekend and it seems like I will have no problems finding tickets!

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 4:46pm

But people say what a duff month September is becuase all the tourists have cleared off, but isn't this the start of the trade shows in New York City? Does this not help sales?

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 4:59pm

Gosh NewSync it's a pity the producers didn't consult you before hiring Andrew---did they get in touch with you re the new guy ?

Updated On: 9/8/14 at 04:59 PM

averagebwaynut Profile Photo
averagebwaynut
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 5:35pm

I look forward to NewSynchopation's prediction of snow in winter as well.

At a $514K gross, I'd be willing to bet they STILL were profitable. Sure, it ain't NPH but it doesn't need to be. Make real money in the good weeks and break even in the tougher weeks -- that's all they need to do and they can enjoy a nice, healthy and (even more) financially successful run.

"No matter how much you want the part, never let 'em see you sweat." -- Old Dry Idea commercial

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 6:07pm

Hedwig is doing better WITH Rannells than I would have ever thought.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Starship
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 6:44pm

I'm very curious to see how ticket sales do with Keke/Sherri and Keke/Nene. I wonder if it'll be similar to Carly's stint with Fran, or less/more.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 11:33pm

I do like the way Kinky Boots keeps hovering in the fourth or fifth position. Matilda was trailing it pretty closely and then this years hits Aladdin and Beautiful came in. Says a lot about its staying power.

Up In One

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 11:45pm

I agree, I expected lower numbers for HEDWIG. I have to imagine they're still above their weekly nut even with that number, or not far off.

How many performances of IF/THEN did Idina miss last week? They've been dipping but that number seems particularly bad.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

FindingNamo
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/8/14 at 11:50pm

Looks like the Dim For Joan… or ELSE! Boycott is kicking box office butt. They better change their minds soon.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/9/14 at 1:41am

I believe Idina missed three, but possibly four performances? Definitely takes a hard hitting toll on those grosses.

neonlightsxo
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/7/14
Posted: 9/9/14 at 9:26am

Idina missed three shows but they still made more money than Pippin.