A Wicked Review

ThatsWicked
#1A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:19pm

A Wicked Review

I’ve only seen a couple Broadway performances in my time but, I can say this was my favorite! I found the plot brought some clarity and excitement to my inner child being someone who watched the movie The Wizard of Oz quite a few times growing up in the 90’s. However, if you haven’t seen the movie or read the novel, I feel you’ll still enjoy it quite a bit!

From the moment you walk into the Gershwin Theatre you feel as though you are in the Land of Oz. The performance was awesome, the singing and dancing was amazing, and the two leads where authentic and very talented. Did I forget to mention comedic? I experienced some good laughs through this experience.

Needless to say, I recommend it. I’ll probably go one more time this year when I get some free time. If you’re interested in going, Wicked Tickets generally range from $79 to $249 depending on where you sit. Could be more or less, but are well worth it!

Updated On: 9/10/14 at 04:19 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:27pm

Thanks for the review, 2003!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:47pm

For those who don’t know, Wicked is a Broadway musical based on the 1995 novel Wicked

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

FindingNamo
#3A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:52pm

You can always scroll back to see if you forgot to mention "comedic".

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#4A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 4:53pm

^ Until now, I thought Wicked was based on Orwell's 1984, so this is in fact, very helpful.

"Essentially it is a spinoff of the film The Wizard of Oz"

Like "The Jeffersons" was of "All in the Family"? Kewl!

Updated On: 9/10/14 at 04:53 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:00pm

I’ve only seen a couple Broadway performances in my time but, I can say this was my favorite!

I bet the other one was BKLYN: The Musical.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#6A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:02pm

Now I gotta see this.

Stephanatic

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#7A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:03pm

Thanks for the link for the $200 tickets to Wicked.....good deal OP.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:05pm

ticketprocess.com is where I go to buy my Wicked tickets!

NewSynchopation
#9A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:15pm

Sounds like it may be a contender for best musical at the Tony Awards! Has anybody else seen this yet?

FindingNamo
#10A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 5:31pm

I think it's more of a spin-off from The Wizard of Oz the way Good Times was a spin-off from All in the Family. You know, technically speaking.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#11A Wicked Review
Posted: 9/10/14 at 6:24pm

A Wicked Review

This is going to get all sorts of awesome...

Videos