News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stee

stee Profile Photo
Member Name: stee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread
 Feb 25 2024, 01:18:08 AM

Saw Back to The Future tonight. One of the few nights it was offered on a Saturday evening performance. 

seats were C-14 and C-16 - extreme sides. The tickets are not listed as Partial View but we had no view of the back stage projections. I’m sure the producers of the show don’t think we missed anything but we had no context for the projections at the back of the stage so it made the FX kinda lacking?  I suppose buyer beware for a busier performance.&

Play By Play worth it recently? (Compared to Will Call Club?)
 Sep 16 2021, 09:40:55 PM

I didn't renew my PBP membership during the pandemic for obvious reasons, but I'm curious if the Papering Services are starting to offer good or interesting shows now that the world is starting back up? The Broadway offerings were fewer and fewer over the years, but I also saw lots of random concerts stand up comedy and special events.  

Wondering if it's worth renewing my membership or looking into GoldClub or Will Call Club?

TheaterMania Gold Club
 Jul 5 2021, 12:20:15 PM

I canceled my PBP during the Pandemic - is it worth re-subscribing now that the world is slowly coming back to life?

Ben Brantley Steps Down
 Oct 16 2020, 06:37:52 PM

Link: https://www.nytco.com/press/moves-in-culture/

"Nicole Herrington will be taking over as theater editor.  

Nicole will be moving into a new role as theater editor. A University of Rhode Island graduate, Nicole came to The Times in 2005 from The Miami Herald and joined Culture two years later. Since September 2017, Nicole has helmed our print Weekend section, which she has distinguished through an emphasis on New York City-based service as well as inventive annual pieces like our Labor Day feature on behind-the-scenes culture workers.

Weekend has long been the home for so much of our film, art and theater criticism, and one of the joys of the job for Nicole has been the ability to indulge heavily in each of those artforms. But anyone who has spent even a small amount of time going out to see theater here became used to seeing Nicole at Broadway, Off Broadway and Off Off Broadway shows. That was partly because she would often edit our theater critics, but largely because she simply loves the theater. “In the best circumstances,” she said, “a production can challenge your assumptions about life, the world and your place in it.”

In addition to her week-to-week work, Nicole has participated in some of our most ambitious cultural journalism. In March, right as the pandemic forced us to begin to work from home, we published a project that she had been leading for over a year — “The African-American Art Shaping the 21st Century,” in which 35 artists made the case for which Black-created works had been the most important, influential and inspiring for them. Alongside our stellar theater reporter, she spoke with four major young Black playwrights about how their works were challenging the American theater scene.

Shows that the you hated the first time, and ended up liking the second time.
 Jan 14 2018, 01:40:33 PM

The first time I saw American Idiot, I really hated it... It wasn't what I was expecting, it was incredibly dark and it didn't feel like a musical in the traditional way.

But it stayed with me, and the songs started to haunt me.  I decided to go back again and the second time I was incredibly moved, I thought the message was so poignant and timely, and I just thought everyone was so incredibly talented.  So many elements I wasn't able to digest the first time.

The 9 Best Tony Awards Performances
 May 29 2015, 09:02:59 AM

Vogue posted the 9 Best Tony Awards Performances of All Time... 

http://www.vogue.com/13263096/best-tony-awards-performances/ 

Do you agree?  Anything missed?

Personally, I really loved the opening of Ragtime and You Can't Stop The Beat from Hairspray.  Also, Anything Goes with Patti.

Pippin Tour?
 Oct 20 2014, 11:00:56 PM
can anyone comment on the actor who plays Catherine?

that seems like one of thr more complex roles and one that really stood out in three broadway cast so im wondering if it is equally as extraordinary (!) on tour

Les Mis ticket for Sunday row A
 Aug 30 2014, 12:32:14 PM
Just sent you a PM
That Kyle Dean Massey and Taylor Frey 'Angels We Have Heard on High' Is Gorgeous
 Dec 23 2013, 04:57:11 PM
why are they singing around a piano when the accompanying background music is a guitar?

or am i just supposed to suspend disbelief because of kyle dean massey's gorgeous silver-blue eyes and tiny little pincheably cute face???

Is Word of Mouth Gone??
 Aug 14 2013, 01:08:34 AM
FYI I'm actually the "kid" who didnt like Next to Normal and it didnt go over my head ... I just thought it was oversimplistic and it didn't feel authentic.

And I hated the set design, but the review made it seem like I didnt "get" the fact that the set turned red when she got mad (amazing for some maybe, but not exactly brilliant to me). I think maybe a different staging might produce a different review but the scaffolding and venetian blind "eyes" werent my cup of tea. Sorry!

Angels in America
 Oct 10 2010, 08:06:20 PM
I bought a pair of tickets for both parts in January, but now can't go. Boo!

I'm selling them at cost if anyone wants to take'em off my hands. Msg me!

Angels in America Part 1 Friday January 21, 2011 7:30pm
(2) Online Full Section Main Floor Right $85.00/each $170.00

Angels in America Part 2 Saturday January 22, 2011 8pm
(2) Online Full Section Main Floor Left $85.00/each $170.00

Barnes & Noble by Lincoln Center to close January 2011
 Sep 1 2010, 09:17:44 AM
it's going to become a Century 21 ... now you can buy a last minute outfit to wear to the ballet if you're in a rush!

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2010/08/31/barnes_noble_lincoln_center_to_be_replaced_by_century_21.php

Discount Codes for June
 May 20 2010, 01:57:03 PM
Hi all,

I've been looking for discount codes through June 13th (before the Tony's) but all of the codes I have found seem to expire on May 30th. Does anyone know any discounts listed other than broadwaybox.com?

Specifically, I'm looking for West Side Story and American Idiot.

Edited to add: Also, wondering if maybe it's usual that the week leading up to the Tony's is not discounted?

Thanks all!

So black to you, perhaps. So red to me...
 Mar 26 2010, 11:43:16 PM
the bulb didn't blow during the performance i saw, so im going to guess that it wasn't supposed to happen but they are incredibly professional actors who made it all seem natural.

have to say that i LOVED this play. and im actually surprised to hear that people didn't like it, or even think it might be polarizing.... i just found it incredibly compelling, thought provoking, and exhausting (in a good way). thoroughly enjoyed it. would recommend it to friends.

virgins must report to times sq
 Jan 6 2010, 04:20:27 PM
I'm going to miss the old Virgin because it was a great place to kill time, but I also didn't spend much money there... so I guess I'm partly to blame for its demise!

I'm eager to see what Disney will do to the space... the times they are a changing, and to be honest I think a Disney store now makes sense in Times Square. Better that than the empty space it has been for years... and those Charmin bathrooms are convenient but only for one month out of the year.

virgins must report to times sq
 Jan 5 2010, 09:58:11 PM
Also, in the article...

"The new Disney store will feature technological advancements, as inspired by Steve Jobs of Apple Inc., including a new theater, where visitors can see Disney movies, TV and publishing in a “new way,” Disney's Mr. Fielding said. “We have projection televisions in all of our stores, but this will be presenting things in a new, immersive and experiential way that's never been done before.”

So I guess they are taking the theater in the basement.

re: List all the Broadway Stuff you got for the Holidays
 Dec 25 2009, 02:24:38 PM
pardon my naivety but what is a windowcard and what do you do with them?

and why do people want to collect them?!

re: Burn The Floor = Soft Core p*rn
 Dec 23 2009, 10:29:28 AM
the dance with 6 guys and one blindfolded girl was not even soft-core... medium core?

but hella hot!

re: Photo Coverage: New TONY Takes the Stage in WEST SIDE STORY!
 Dec 22 2009, 02:40:48 PM
as i mentioned in the other thread, i really think it's important to show them without their shirts on. matthew hydzyk looked terrible. like soft, pudgy dad body. if for nothing else, cavanaugh was atleast great eye candy with toned arms in a tanktop.

will need to see jeremy without a shirt to truly judge his performance.

oh - the singing... right, i forgot we're supposed to take that into account too! i'll pay attention to that next time i go.

re: Sitting next to a celebrity at a theater
 Dec 22 2009, 12:16:15 PM
I sat beside Matthew Broderick at Die, Mommy, Die .. it was kinda surreal. I was hoping that Sarah Jessica Parker would sneak in right before the curtain, but unfortunately she didn't come. Matthew was with an older gentleman caller. Or a friend. I dunno. But not SJP. Boo.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You