News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MadsonMelo

Member Name: MadsonMelo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 03:45:02 PM

Would love to know the weekly costs of Outsiders, Suffs and Hell's Kitchen.

Alicia is really pulling 1.2M and it's not even summer, good for her!

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 2 2024, 11:47:36 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "thoughts:

Musical:No real surprises here, though its a shame Here Lies Love, flawed as it was, didnt make the cut. Days of Wine Roses not making the cut surprised me based on the intense love for this show, but I thought it was dull as hell so no love lost here. All the love for Hells Kitchen is understandable, its a fun night with insane performances, but the notion that this book was nominated for anything is just... hard to stoma

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Apr 30 2024, 05:16:16 PM

Does anyone knows if Derek is back or when will he be back? I think he's out since saturday.

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 03:56:29 PM

Daniel Radcliffe finally getting a nom was something really incredible.

I was at the first preview of ''Merrily We Roll Along'' at NYTW and was blown away when he first finished ''Franklin Shepard, INC'', really hope he gets the Tony!

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 03:54:00 PM

theatreguy said: "MadsonMelo said: "Question: what is the biggest spam between nominations that an actor has ever got?

Because between ''Me and My Girl'' and ''The Notebook'', it has passed 37 years and that's a LOT.
"

Barbara Cook. 52 years between her nominations for The Music Man (1958) and Sondheim on Sondheim (2010).

Right behind her is Jane Fonda with 49 years between her nominations for Ther

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 03:44:12 PM

Question: what is the biggest spam between nominations that an actor has ever got?

Because between ''Me and My Girl'' and ''The Notebook'', it has passed 37 years and that's a LOT.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:38:02 PM

Actors that got acting noms today that have two or more acting noms overall:

1. Kelli O'Hara - 8
2. Celia Keenan-Bolger - 5
2. Brian d'Arcy James - 5
3. Liev Schreiber - 4

Bebe Neuwirth - 3
Amy Ryan - 3
Jonathan Groff - 3
Roger Bart - 3
Brandon Victor Dixon - 3
Leslie Odom, Jr. - 2
Jessica Lange - 2
Maryann Plunkett - 2
Eddie Redmayne - 2
Lindsay Mendez - 2
Nikki M. James - 2
Shoshana Bean - 2
<

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:23:24 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "''Very happy that some shows like ''Back to the Future'' and ''The Great Gatsby'' got nothing, didn't deserved!''

For the record, ''Back to the Future'' got 2 nominations: one for Roger Bart and the other for Set Design. And ''The Great Gatsby'' scored 1 nomination for Costumes.
"

Yeah, not shut-out, but basically ''nothing'' and can't

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:03:07 PM

Brian d'Arcy James is now the most nominated living actor without a win with 5 under his belt, he's tied in general with George C. Scott, John McMartin and Tom Aldredge.

Kelli O'Hara's nomination puts her in a tied 3rd place among most nominated actresses overall. 

She is below Audra, Chita and Julie Harris (10), Rosemary Harris (9) and alongside Patti LuPone, Colleen Dewhurst and Jane Alexander.

She is now the second most nominated woman fo

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 12:53:26 PM

''Hell's Kitchen'' got nominated for every single category eligible. I mean, wow! Maleah has got to be the front-runner for Actress, right?

Also, ''Illinoise'' got basically nothing that was not certainly to get. No director, book or acting noms? I don't see how it can beat ''The Outsiders'' and even ''Hell's Kitchen''. I know ''Titanic'' did it, but I think people will simply not vote for an &#

All Best Musical Winners Ranked by Number of Performances  Apr 29 2024, 01:28:59 AM

I updated the data now ''Kimberly Akimbo'' is over with 612 performances at #63. For a ''little show'', it didn't even finished on the bottom 10 and surpassed basically all others ''little shows'' that won recently like ''Fun Home'', ''The Band's Visit'' and ''A Strange Loop''.

Those are the ''Best Musical''

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 09:20:48 PM

Voter said: "I am expecting a huge SURPRISE nomination that we are not expecting or oversaw. Thoughts? Wondering what could it be? (Example: Nikki M James in The Book of Mormon)"

I'm 100% expecting a Mike Faist type of nomination at this point.

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 26 2024, 01:41:22 AM

starlightlocamotion said: "At this point … is there anything that could plausibly beat ILLINOISE for the tony? … I so wish that HLL had opened in the spring :("

I still think Suffs and Hell's Kitchen can take this prize, the jukebox one if obviously more hard to get, but Suffs got great reviews, written by a woman (that also stars) with people like Malala e Clinton as producers and also very topic subject can sure be a winner.

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 26 2024, 01:38:14 AM

chrishuyen said: "I've seen a lot of good notices for Steven Skybell both on the boards and in reviews, but he never seems to be as notable in the role as Bebe in hers, is that just due to their respective levels of fame or is it actually that he doesn't seem to have as lauded of a performance? Right now I'm leaning Daniel Radcliffe for Featured Actor and Bebe Neuwirth for Featured Actress but I do think things could flip either way leading up to the Tonys.

&q

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 01:32:19 AM

dramamama611 said: "Ouch. (not undeservedly)

I convert DTLI rankings into numerical values - this put Gatsby tied (with Lempicka & BTTF) as the worst reviewed new musical of the season. I feel bad for BTTF, and I didn't even like it.
"

I also try to do a ranking, I think it come out like this:

1. Days of Wine and Roses
2. Hell's Kitchen
3. Suffs
4. Here Lies Love
5. Water for Elephants
6. How to Dance in Ohio

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 25 2024, 01:50:02 PM

I think Strong/Enemy got far better reviews than Stuhlbarg/Patriots, his show is a monster hit and he is on a high note because of ''Succession''.

If they really like Patriots, Keems seems a much better fit for a ''reward win''.

UNCLE VANYA 2024 Broadway Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 01:44:27 PM

Jarethan said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "DTLI Consensus:Its existence is tedious, anyway: it is a senseless, dirty revival, thisVanya.

9 mixed (including the NYT), 2 negative, 1 positive.

https://didtheylikeit.com/shows/uncle-vanya-bway/
"

Has anything this season gotten worse reviews???
"

We will always have Back to the Future and Lempicka!

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 25 2024, 12:46:33 PM

I know we don't even have the nominations yet, but some awards feels very certain to me.

Best Play - Stereophonic

Best Actor in a Play - Jeremy Strong

Best Featured Actor in a Musical - Daniel Radcliffe (what is his competition??)

Best Choreography - Illinoise

One category that for me is blank is Featured Actor in a Play. I though Will Keem would get but the reception for Patriots was so lukewarm that I don't know anymore. William

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 22 2024, 01:42:19 PM

CoffeeBreak said: "yyys said: "Yes, also the fact that it is a late entry will probably hurt them. I'd say being nominated will be their best chance.

MadsonMelo said: "I have a question: don't u guys think that being a dance piece hurts the chances of Illinoise winning Best Musical, especially since both ''Suffs'' and ''Hell's Kitchen'' got really great reviews?"

No. "Dance pieces&

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 21 2024, 02:43:24 PM

I have a question: don't u guys think that being a dance piece hurts the chances of Illinoise winning Best Musical, especially since both ''Suffs'' and ''Hell's Kitchen'' got really great reviews?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You