News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brightredday

brightredday Profile Photo
Member Name: brightredday
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Follies Recording: 1985 Concert or 1998 Paper Mill?
 Jun 21 2009, 11:12:52 AM
Smaxie, maybe I'm blanking, but when did Nancy Walker do "I'm Still Here"?
re: 'Passion' Questions
 Apr 6 2009, 09:43:20 PM
When I got the OBC, I waited until I had time to listen to it all the way through and pay complete attention, and I really recommend doing the same on your first listen. It's not for everyone, but I was immediately hooked, and I don't think it would have worked as well for me had I just listened with half attention the first few times.

As givesmevoice says, the DVD is also a great way to get into it.

re: Cast Recordings You're Gladdest You Bought (Within Last Year)
 Apr 4 2009, 10:35:22 PM
My favorite discovery in the past year was "Carnival". I had no idea what it sounded like before I picked it up, and I fell in love with it.
re: Will Patti Ever Write Another 'Ramblings'?
 Mar 16 2009, 06:22:07 PM
I'm perfectly willing to give up "Ramblings" for awhile if she is indeed hard at work on her memoirs.
re: Reviews of Laura Osnes as Nellie
 Mar 11 2009, 04:43:56 PM
Having only seen a photograph of the blonde wig I can't say for certainy that she's EXACTLY like Kelli. But Nellie having that hairstyle is much more iconic than Sandy being blonde in Grease. I don't think it's so much a question of replicating Kelli but rather remaining true to the character.

You mean this iconic blonde hairstyle?

re: NYT series: Questions about B'way answered
 Feb 27 2009, 03:59:41 PM
midwestsarah, I agree with you that there are some very fine tours and some very poor Broadway productions, but I've found that by and large the tours I see--now that I have been priveleged enough to see some original Broadway productions--lack the indefinable sparkle of a perfectly-rehearsed cast fully inhabiting their characters. It hasn't been as much a problem when I've seen shows here in Boston, typically at the beginning of their tours, but the last tour I saw in Minnesota was a total let
re: Patti Lupone At Les Mouches - Distortion
 Nov 11 2008, 09:33:40 PM
Mine has all kinds of skips and jumps from "Downtown" (just one there) through "Everything I Am". I even got a replacement CD from Sh-K-Boom and it seems to have the same problems.
re: How does 'Applause' end???
 Jun 10 2008, 10:23:14 PM
I too was at Encores! Eve's fan does show up at the curtain call, but not nearly as effective as in the film.

I read an interview with Charles Strouse in which he discussed writing two different endings for the show--one in which Margo goes back to the stage, and one in which she gives it up for love, so to speak. '70s audiences preferred the latter, while more recent audiences have preferred the former. That may explain some of the discrepancies you mention.

re: You could only listen to/see musicals that start with one letter -- whi
 May 6 2008, 04:28:56 PM
Like Patronus, I'd go with S but for the sake of discussion, I'd be happy with F too. I chose it for Follies but also get
Fiddler
Funny Girl
Forum
The Frogs
The Full Monty
The Fantasticks
Falsettos/Falsettoland
Finian's Rainbow
Flower Drum Song

re: 'Follies in Concert' Comments
 Apr 29 2008, 10:45:37 PM
Thanks so much, PalJoey! That made my night. It took my breath away...I can't even imagine how magical it must have been live.
re: Xanadu Onstage Seating?
 Jan 29 2008, 07:10:51 PM
Thanks for all the tips!
 Jan 28 2008, 08:43:57 PM
Thanks for the info, Very! If there are bags to put stuff in, I should be able to work something out.
 Jan 26 2008, 06:18:25 PM
Hi all, I'm bumping this up with another random onstage question for those in the know. I have been told you can't bring much with you for onstage seats...does the Helen Hayes have a coat check or something if I had to have, say, a backpack along on the day of the show? Or does my weekend luggage doom me to miss out on the onstage experience?
re: Availability of PARADE Recording from London?
 Dec 5 2007, 10:23:48 PM
I checked nearly every site I could think of, and I even e-mailed the Donmar...they have yet to reply.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You