News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayLady999

Member Name: BwayLady999
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Flea Market
 Sep 28 2021, 08:03:16 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "They just put out the map of the streets. Looks like they’re only doing one side of the street on those two blocks. When they did that before it was because they couldn’t block traffic so congestion at the tables was INSANE. I can’t believe (at least from the map) it looks like they’re doing that again right now, making everyone squeeze in tighter.

Map
"

But it isn’t like Broadway Cares can just tell the city to fully close streets. They can ask & apply for the permits, but the city decides what they get permission to do.

Musical Actor decapitates neighbor... oh, my!
 Dec 17 2015, 01:03:46 PM

Thank you! I have no idea why this article made me want to know that, but it did.  :)

Musical Actor decapitates neighbor... oh, my!
 Dec 17 2015, 12:47:04 PM

Is it weird that I wish they would have mentioned what musical and what role?  :)

Ticket Brass Keychain
 Oct 27 2015, 03:33:00 PM

OMG!! You found the Golden Ticket! Now Willy Wonka will take you to the factory where they make Everlasting Revivals, Gum That's A Whole Broadway Season! Now run, Charlie! Run straight home and don't stop!

Miss the Broadway flea market?
 Oct 15 2015, 03:54:29 PM

None of these listings are donating any portion to Broadway Cares.

AADA
 Sep 18 2015, 10:38:16 AM

I attended AADA for a year.  My main problem with it is that so many students are cut after the first year (me included, but I don't think I'm speaking from a place of sour grapes).  I think one of the big things about an acting class is that it be a safe place where you can take risks and "fail".

At AADA you are sort of constantly reminded that almost 2/3 of you won't be invited back for the 2nd year. So class is a place of fear, rather than safety. &nbs

SOOO VERY VERY SAD
 Apr 27 2015, 11:47:37 AM

Well, when they do Actors Fund benefit shows that sometimes makes the show count for the week jump to 9.  When I saw the Addams Family Actors Fund performance Jackie Hoffman threw in some very funny business about it being the 9th show.  :)

Does anyone have tickets to Bombshell and willing to sell?
 Apr 13 2015, 04:25:09 PM

It looks like it is truly sold out & they're talking about refunding some backers who weren't able to get tickets.  

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/bombshell-concert-is-a-smash-event-sells-out-in-just-over-an-hour-346663

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 01:01:54 PM

You started your post off with a rather negative tone when you stated "I may be a little new to this Broadway Cares donate-every-single-penny-you-have deal" so you set the tone.  

I also don't think my statement is "nasty" as I was simply stating that you immediately went to an accusatory place.  

I concur with Kad that it seems like it would be rather impossible to print up a whole new Playbill with the autographs included.  And as others have stated

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 12:27:10 PM

You didn't answer the question of where you got the Playbill or Poster in December.

If you're just being paranoid it seems a bit excessive to create a post using the name of a non-profit as the subject line & implying that the charity is selling fake items.

Broadway Cares
 Apr 10 2015, 10:05:23 AM

I'd also be curious t see photos since I've seen many signed I'ts Only a Play signed posters & Playbills and they've all had original signatures.

Also, since you didn't go to the theatre, where did you get the poster & Playbill?

Can I borrow $900 For A Signed HAMILTON Poster?
 Apr 3 2015, 06:14:45 PM

And I would assume that anyone who can spend $5000 on a poster will appreciate the tax deduction that comes with it.  I mean, the philanthropy part is awesome too, but it is also helpful come tax time (she says as though she makes enough money for that to be an issue. LOL!)

Backstage tours?
 Mar 6 2015, 10:13:34 AM
The tours offered during BC/EFA collections usually are a true backstage tour where you get to see behind the scenes stuff. I remember doing one at Beauty & the Beast the first time I visited NYC. At various points Lion King, Cinderella, ans others have offered them during Gypsy & Easter Bonnets.
Backstage tours?
 Mar 5 2015, 01:42:31 PM
I know some shows (Lion King comes to mind) sometimes offer backstage tours for a donation to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS during their fundraising times. You could call BC/EFA & see if they have up to date info.
Lupone Is A T Rex
 Feb 20 2015, 06:43:56 PM
If you say she's a T-Rex all I can think of is...
re: Great Source for 14'x22' Window Card Frames
 Sep 17 2014, 12:36:13 PM
I think Triton Gallery usually sells them at the Flea market if you're planning on being in NYC for the event this weekend.
Beyond that, I'm afraid I don't know of a good inexpensive online option.

Are Telecharge and Ticketmaster the only places you can buy premium seats for Broadway shows?
 Sep 12 2014, 04:56:07 PM
Happy to help!
It was a lifesaver for me when I was working in a law office & it seemed so much nicer to pay a premium to a non-profit rather than a ticket broker. :)

Are Telecharge and Ticketmaster the only places you can buy premium seats for Broadway shows?
 Sep 12 2014, 04:29:11 PM
Broadway Cares offers a premium ticket purchasing service called Care Tix.

LaDucas Shoes?!
 Jun 24 2014, 05:38:21 PM
Because LaDucas are such an investment I'd really think you should hold off until you can purchase them in person (Since you were asking about size I didn't know if you were trying to get a sense of how their sizing compares to other brands).
I'd also suggest you wait until you know for sure you want to make the financial investment. I tried some on between the tech & dress of Broadway Bares a couple years ago and ended up being willing to give them every cent I had because they were so c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You