News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for charles91

Member Name: charles91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

David Cromer To Star in Hyper-Intimate UNCLE VANYA  Jul 27 2023, 10:31:42 AM

I just got an email that this is returning for a limited engagement. Pre-sale is available now with the code BACKTOWORK at http://www.vanyanyc.com/. I saw it and wanted to go again but it was sold out. The staging and performances were really magnificent. 

Selling 2 Tickets to Chess Concert Tonight  Dec 12 2022, 02:22:44 PM

Side Orchestra ("Orchestra 2" face value @ $150 each. Please PM if interested. 

LEMPICKA Pre-Broadway at LaJolla - News & Discussion Thread  Jun 27 2022, 06:19:06 PM

First review is out... sounds very promising!

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/theater/story/2022-06-27/review-la-jolla-playhouses-lempicka-an-eye-popping-study-of-enigmatic-baroness-with-a-brush

"George Abud is another ideal hand-in-glove fit for the role of Italian pro-fascist modernist Filippo Martinetti. His edgy performing of the high-flying song 'Perfection' is one of those moments in a show where thoughts of future Tony nominations dance in the head -- for him, as well as for Espinosa and Iman."

Witness Uganda (a.k.a Invisible Thread) Cast Album?  Feb 11 2022, 12:22:08 AM

The full album was just released. Wow... am I happy this incredible score has been preserved. 

SPACE DOGS musical at MCC  Feb 1 2022, 03:44:20 PM

For those who have went, what is the run time? Thanks in advance! 

West End Reopening Tonight!  May 19 2021, 04:20:21 PM

I just watched "Herding Cats" streaming from the Soho Theatre on Stellar. It was a really moving play and the performances are excellent (with one actor streaming in live from the US!). Not quite back to the norm just yet but wow does it feel good to see something new/live again! 

Isaac West Side Advice  Dec 28 2019, 10:51:16 AM
Jordan Dobson, who is making his Broadway debut in the role. I saw him on Isaac’s second night out and he was phenomenal, with a truly impressive voice. I will be going back to see Isaac but I do not at all regret keeping my tickets.
SING STREET @ NYTW  Nov 25 2019, 06:34:50 AM

greenifyme2 said: "HBBrock said: "Any reports on invited dress? Will be there tomorrow for the first preview and I cannot wait."

I don’t want to say much but it’s great. You won’t be disappointed.
"

Would you mind sharing the run time? Glad you enjoyed!

Sea Wall/A Life or Moulin Rouge  Jul 22 2019, 11:21:33 AM

Very different shows so more a question of personal preference but for what its worth, Moulin Rouge will probably be around for years whereas Sea Wall/A Life is an exceptionally limited run. So... perhaps catch SW/AL while you can, and Moulin Rouge on a later date? I saw SW/AL at the Public and was really impressed. Terrific performances of very moving scripts. 

Making a flight at JFK after a show  Oct 19 2018, 03:07:28 PM

I think your better bet is finding a 90-100 minute show that starts at 2pm instead of 3. That would definitely leave you with enough time. 

Lempicka at WTF  Jul 23 2018, 07:14:36 PM

They've been posting some song clips on their Youtube channel. The music sounds really good! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5VzyePaoBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7baE59u2U9w

Grungy Women Lead  Jul 21 2018, 04:42:59 PM

Sounds like the upcoming Lempicka (currently at Williamstown) would qualify

Shows for conservative Grandma  Jul 13 2018, 09:55:11 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Hello, Dolly or My Fair Lady. Though I don’t know Granny’s age, most people over say, age 50, know a little about them. Normally I’d lump something like Carousel in because it’s classic Rodgers and Hammerstein, but I think Grandma might not like a black Billy Bigelow or a minority Jigger."

Your profile picture is the Hamilton poster and you are making comments like this... This thread sickens me. Let’s sto

Shows for conservative Grandma  Jul 13 2018, 08:38:19 PM

What about a show that will task her to confront some of her close-mindedness? Theater is at its best when it challenges and provokes. Kinky Boots seems appropriate here. 

Looking: Yerma Ticket Tonight  Apr 19 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Please DM me if you have an extra ticket you're looking to sell! I'm willing to pay above face value. 

For Sale: Cosi Fan Tutte Starring Kelli O'Hara 4/7  Apr 1 2018, 10:11:56 PM

Hi All — I am selling two Orchestra seats (P20 & P22) to Cosi Fan Tutte starring Kelli O'Hara at the Metropolitan Opera this Saturday, April 7 at 8pm. I am selling the pair for $140 OBO, which is the face value of each individually. Please DM me if interested. 

Selling Two Orch Tix to Cosi Fan Tutte with Kelli O'Hara  Mar 26 2018, 05:59:39 PM

These are still available. I'm lowering the price to $150 total for both. 

Selling Two Orch Tix to Cosi Fan Tutte with Kelli O'Hara  Mar 21 2018, 03:30:32 PM

Hi All — I am selling two Orchestra seats (P20 & P22) to Cosi Fan Tutte starring Kelli O'Hara at the Metropolitan Opera on Saturday, April 7 at 8pm. These tickets are $140 each face value, and the cheapest orchestra seats are $95 each. I am willing to sell both for $185. Please DM me if interested. 

MARGARITAVILLE Cast Album Out  Feb 16 2018, 09:25:37 AM

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. I didn't think I could be a Buffett fan. The orchestrations are super fun and Paul Nolan has the voice of an angel! Has anyone else listened yet? 

https://open.spotify.com/album/6E9s1pKfQ8zUtb6gVUyLbw

2017 Shakespeare in the Park  Jul 17 2017, 02:51:58 PM

For those who have been, what's the run time? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You