News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayboy972

broadwayboy972 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayboy972
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Dec 1 2022, 05:06:11 PM

VanillaIceCream2 said: "I’m selling a rear orchestra ticket for this Thursday at 7pm if anyone is interested because a friend is unable to attend. I’ll be at the performance so it will be an easy exchange. I paid $132 but am open to lower offers. Please DM if interested."

Is this still available? Just PMed you!

“The Hours” at The Met - Renée Fleming, Kelli O’Hara, & Joyce DiDonato  Dec 1 2022, 05:04:23 PM

Is this still available? Just PMed you!

Trade on 12/30 NYC to trade  Oct 30 2016, 07:54:08 PM

aschocken said: "Hi, I have two seats for 11/13, orchestra row W 8/10.  I believe it's listed as partial view only because of the mezzanine overhang.  Looking for two tickets for trade in December.

Check your PM!

Hamilton ticket EXCHANGE thread.. Work it out amongst yourselves here FREE  Oct 23 2016, 04:01:31 PM

I have two tickets for the November 26th matinee but I'm not sure if I can make it anymore... does anyone have anything for November 12th or 13th that would possibly want to swap with me? The tickets are for Rear Mezz Row F

The Official TDF Thread  Sep 14 2016, 02:27:55 PM

What are the chances of shows being up next weekend? It's the weekend of Broadway Flea Market so I'm not sure how that affects theatre attendance and whatnot. I'd like to see The Humans, and it's been up frequently and it's showing dates for up until the Thursday before the Broadway Flea Market. What are the chances they'll be up for that weekend?

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter  Jan 5 2016, 05:09:20 PM

What if they were somehow able to limit who could enter to people who are currently in New York City. Anyone with a phone/laptop with location services (or even just track IP addresses) who is in New York at the time of entry would be allowed to enter, and those not in the area cannot enter. That way, no one outside New York City could enter the lottery.

Palace Theater Seating  Oct 27 2015, 04:58:21 PM

I'm using Tix4Students to get tickets to the show for next week, and the only choices are rear mezzanine or front balcony. The closest mezzanine seat is Center Row M, and the closest balcony seat is Right Row A. Which would be the best option?

NYC for One Day  Oct 5 2015, 05:29:59 PM

There's this nifty little website called Telecharge, where you can purchase tickets to shows in advance!

NYC for One Day  Oct 5 2015, 04:49:31 PM

That's not a bad idea! I've seen it already but I'd be more than willing to see it again!

NYC for One Day  Oct 5 2015, 03:36:07 PM

I'll be in NYC for one day (11/7) with a club at my university. I already have tickets to see a matinee of Spring Awakening, and I wanted to see another show in the evening. However, our bus is leaving at 11 PM and I'm not quite sure where pickup is, but I'm assuming somewhere near Midtown... What one-act musicals or plays do you recommend to see and have enough time to get back to the bus? Thanks so much.

Favorite Hamilton songs?  Sep 30 2015, 10:30:06 AM

I love the entire score but I think my favorites are Alexander Hamilton, My Shot, The Schuyler Sisters, Satisfied, Wait for It, Take A Break, It's Quiet Uptown, and The World Was Wide Enough

Where to buy Playbill Binders? (besides playbill.com)  Sep 15 2015, 10:21:07 AM

I'm a poor college student and what I did was order the Playbill-sized binders (pretty cheap) from Amazon, and they each hold a good amount of Playbills. Avery also sells acid-free, archival-safe sheet protectors in Playbill size, also on Amazon for cheap. 

Did I see the same show - Curious Dog  Aug 19 2015, 11:30:46 PM

I read the book before seeing the play, and the play follows the book very closely, with a lot of dialogue coming straight out of the book. The whole time I kept thinking "I remember reading this" and it was really cool seeing it come to life onstage. However, there are some parts left out. The book's chapters are short and are usually him recalling things that have happened or him just talking about a certain thing- and in one chapter Christopher talked about religion and the f

Your Broadway Crushes  Aug 17 2015, 09:21:30 PM

Jonathan Groff, Steven Pasquale, Jeremy Jordan, Robert Fairchild, Andy Mientus, Aaron Tveit, Jay Armstrong Johnson... The list goes on and on

Songs that get stuck in your head  Aug 16 2015, 09:59:35 PM

"Hey yo I'm just like my country, I'm young, scrappy and hungry and I am not throwin' away my shot" 

Idina Menzel World Tour  Aug 16 2015, 09:27:26 PM

I could see her doing the stage door at smaller venues, such as performing arts centers, but not for the bigger outdoor amphitheaters. I know that the venue she played at in Houston has a private road that goes to the backstage area, so there would be no possibility of stage-dooring at those types of venues.

Demanding Star Vehicles  Aug 16 2015, 06:13:30 PM

Wicked

Will Hamilton become a cultural icon?  Aug 5 2015, 09:30:44 PM

"Glad these hip hoppers are getting work, but give me a real musical with real singing and real dancing, and I'll be happy."

To label this show as a non-legit musical is ridiculous; this is a "real musical." So what if it's hip hop? The beauty of theatre is that it's a constantly changing landscape... there will always be new and innovative forms of the American musical, and me, like many others, believe that Hamilton is. 

Shows where you prefer a different recording from the original?  Aug 2 2015, 12:06:05 AM

I prefer the revival recording of Anything Goes. It seems like the recordings change so much, but I love Sutton Foster and Laura Osnes as well as the slight lyric changes and what seems to be slightly different arrangements. 

Broadway Dorm Room  Aug 2 2015, 12:03:15 AM

I love that Broadway inspired dorm... I'm heading up to college later this month and have been looking for ideas. I have to keep it simple so I don't end up weirding out my roommate!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You