sng
#1Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 5:24am

We'll hopefully get one of these again

https://youtu.be/PEZbIFqsVD8

Kimbo
#2Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 6:27am

YES!!! This is how you respond after an epidemic. (And the kind of thing we should be reminded of in a crisis.). BRING BACK THIS AD CAMPAIGN!!!! hahaha can’t wait. Genius.

#3Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 7:31am

Except half of them are dead.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#4Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 10:51am

The bright side is half of current Broadway productions will close and we'll have plenty of space for new shows?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

JennH
#5Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 11:33am

^^^ I really think even new shows will have a hard time getting on their feet, because so much money will be lost, but we'll get there eventually. 

But heaven almighty, this hurt my heart in the best way....I was still a young'un when 9-11 happened, so my naive mind didn't understand a whole lot back then, but seeing this to apply to now...what an emotional wallop!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 12:02pm

I said it before but I think when theatres do reopen, we’re going to have a ton of revivals with things like Les Mis that have been on tour for years and require minimal rehearsal time (using people who have been with these shows for years) flooding Broadway.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#7Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 5:34pm

Jordan, I think you’re definitely right.

Gorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
#8Look on the bright side when this is all over
Posted: 3/17/20 at 6:10pm

I was a 6 year old in Tennessee when that commercial aired and I remember it so well.

My job sent me home yesterday and officially is closed tomorrow, and I’ve found that what I want to watch is musical escapism— Today ans yesterday I’ve been watching “Meet Me in St Louis” and videos of Julie Andrews on YouTube.