News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ekline1

ekline1 Profile Photo
Member Name: ekline1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Falsettos Lyric Changes For PBS
 Jan 6 2017, 02:21:31 PM

I don't like the need for censoring/altering certain words and lyrics from the show, but we're also talking about PBS. They have really squeaky clean mouths there, not even their shows on Masterpiece use foul language. Billy Eliot was bleeped every time they swore, which was just annoying when it was on PBS. So as annoying as changing the lyrics is, I'd rather not hear moments of awkward bleeping. 

THE SECRET GARDEN to return to Broadway
 Jan 6 2017, 02:15:18 PM

@QueenAlice what were the cuts? I love the show and I'm trying to think of where those changes would be. Are they large and noticeable? Or very minimal?

Clarification And Conclusion
 Oct 16 2016, 11:47:04 AM

"It's a thread pointing out the ridiculousness and childish behavior of someone on the creative team who sought to track down a Show-Score user and humiliate them on their Facebook page."

This in essence is what I was hoping people would take from the post. I am an artist. I create and I perform. I get both very  positive and very negative criticisms. But that doesn't mean I fight back. This is just an example of unprofessional behavior a

How Not To Take Criticism Like A Professional
 Oct 10 2016, 03:26:00 PM

Today on my internet adventures, I came across the Facebook page of the new off-Broadway show The Real Actors of NYC. The first post I see is a link to a video of someone performing, might I add someone they do not know, and it reads: 

"The Real Actors of NYC awards the first ever "SHADE AWARD" to: [person's name] in his “OFF OFF OFF (OFF) Broadway” debut performance in NYC. All of us deliberated long and hard and, on a scale of 100, we think he deserves a 1 for his amazing performance. It’s pretty much the best thing we’ve seen (if we forget every other experience we’ve ever had in musical theatre). We believe in championing new and unproven talent and think [name] qualifies in spades. Congrats [name in all caps]!!!"

Now upon further research, I discovered that the person mentioned in this post had seen their show, and given it a negative review on Show-Score. Overall, the reviews for their show are mixed, but this person really didn't enjoy it, and posted his honest review of the piece. What they did in response was find his Youtube channel and trash talk his work on Facebook to "prove a point". 

This isn't how you take criticism. As artists we all receive it, but how we handle it shows our true character, and clearly these people have questionable character. Plus they began being rude to the people commenting on the post in support of the person in the video. This is horrifying to see.

Now I know some will think that this isn't a big deal, that "it's just a joke", or "he had it coming", but let me just say that this is high school level behavior coming from professionals. If you think this is okay, take a moment and put yourself in this young man's shoes. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THIS WAS YOU?

*I have removed the person's name from the pictures to ensure their privacy. Screen caps on link below:

https://musingsonstuffblog.wordpress.com

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Shakespeare In The Park
 Jun 2 2016, 08:44:41 AM

What if you accidentally oversleep? Is there a standby line?

Shakespeare In The Park
 Jun 2 2016, 12:57:36 AM

I really want to see Shakespeare in the Park. What is the best way to get a ticket? According to the Public website there's a lottery over on Lafayette st or you can wait at the Delecorte. How early would I need to get there? Also how many enter the lottery on Lafayette? Which is a better option?

Judy Kuhn in the 93 revival of She Loves Me
 Jun 2 2016, 12:54:22 AM

This is awesome! Thank you! Just saw it tonight with Laura Benanti and I have to say that the OBC the '93 revival and the current one all have stellar Amalia's.

Waitress - Standing Room
 Jun 2 2016, 12:52:04 AM

I didn't know they offered standing room! $32 you said? I might go try that this week, how early do you suggest getting there for a Thursday or Friday night show?

Stars in the Alley 2016
 Jun 2 2016, 12:46:58 AM

I'm going for the first time too! Exciting! I'm trying to get there or in he general Shubert Alley area by like 10:00am. If anyone suggests earlier please tell! ??

Also bring an umbrella looks like rain... ??

What will they perform at the Tonys?
 May 17 2016, 11:53:48 PM

I doubt it, but if anything, we may see Jennifer Simard show off her TONY-nominated number from Disaster. I hope they do a performance for the 20th anniversary of Rent like they did a couple years ago with POTO.

Hiptix For
 May 17 2016, 11:47:23 PM

Cupid Boy2 said: "I got a student rush ticket for $72 in the front row 30 minutes before curtain for a Wednesday matinee. For anyone interested in going that route, they are extremely strict about IDs at Studio 54. 

"

Where was your seat? Mezzanine or orchestra?

Hiptix For
 May 16 2016, 04:58:25 PM

I joined Hiptix and they had none available for the dates I'm in town. But thank you for the help!

TodayTix/Rush/Lotteries/Discounts Luck
 May 16 2016, 04:56:44 PM

I'm going to be spending a few days in the city in a couple weeks and want to get in as many shows as possible. I have the TodayTix app and have been searching rush policies and discounts (college kid). Who's used the app or other discount sites or done lotteries/rush for shows? What was it like? Were there very few tickets available? I'm going to be in town Wednesday-Friday if that helps and am interested in any of the following shows;

Book of Mormon

"She Loves Me" Ticket Questions
 May 16 2016, 04:49:58 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm heading into NYC in a couple weeks to see shows and enter lotteries and I'm really excited! The one show I REALLY want to see is She Loves Me and am possibly willing to pay full price for a ticket in advance (I'm in college/waiting on my first summer paychecks, so big deal). I wanted to know if:

1. Who here has done the TodayTix lottery or general/student rush and has had success. I'd be going on a Wednesday, Thursday or F

TodayTix Discount Code!
 May 16 2016, 04:31:00 PM

peacelovemagic1 said: "If you want to help out a broke student who just really loves Broadway, my code is DHTPV!

Thank you!
"

I'm planning my next trip that's in a couple weeks and figuring out where the best ticket prices lie. I'll definitely help out a fellow broke college kid if you use my code when I get it! :) 

Darren Criss Stage Door
 May 16 2015, 11:03:11 PM

Tell me how it is I see it tomorrow afternoon! Does that change the wait time?

Darren Criss Stage Door
 May 16 2015, 12:30:22 PM

I'm seeing Hedwig and was wondering if:

a. Darren does stage door.

b. If he does, how long is the wait? You know so I tell my parents and send them to a bar so they don't nag me.

The struggles of stage-dooring with others. smile

Favorite Sondheim song interpretations and performances
 Mar 8 2015, 02:47:33 PM
Audra's "Glamorous Life" really hits me. Then again, so does anything Sondheim!
The Trail To Oregon! in New York City
 Mar 8 2015, 01:50:26 PM
Well as an avid Starkid fan... YES!
Ramin's Performance Schedule
 Mar 8 2015, 01:48:21 PM
Going with the matinee seeing as I got tickets for another show Wednesday night. Thinking you know he'll be there he's had Monday off. Anyone gone to a Wednesday matinee? Was he there?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You