pixeltracker

ATC: Spider Man is officially off....

ATC: Spider Man is officially off....

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
KirbyCat
#2re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:06pm

Woah! I did NOT see that one comin'!

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#2re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:07pm

HA! wait...not good. Then the demigod that is Alan Cumming won't be coming to broadway? re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#3re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:09pm

i usually don't say this but...is there a better source? or are the producers trying to think of an excuse for this happening.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#4re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:15pm

I think that even if this does happen now, eventually the show will be back up. Too much time and money has already been put into the show for it to end here.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#5re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:28pm

I believe . if it is in fact true, it is the Producers squaring off with Taymor playing chicken to see who will blink first.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:33pm

It's just about avoiding a disaster, really.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#7re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:34pm

Good, it probably would have been a disaster anyway.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#8re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:35pm

wait - i thought the money just wasn't circulating on time and that was the only issue? I don't understand why it would be CANCELLED?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

AndAllThatJazz22
#9re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:36pm

LET THIS NOT BE TRUE!!!!! When I was in 2nd grade, I wanted to be Spider-Man when I grew up. I still have a weakness for this wacky web slinger...and I really like musicals... and I was insanely excited that Alan Cumming was finally going to get his Tony Award winning ass back on Broadway. This was just a combo that had my name written all over it, and I hope it still happens.

re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....

I still want him back on Broadway...NOW!

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

BwayBoundJoe
#10re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:38pm

Jazzy, back off!

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

AndAllThatJazz22
#11re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:40pm

For your information, if you're telling me to back off because you want to 'do' Alan Cumming...you're in the clear. He reminds me of a rapist that I saw on 20/20 one time, but he's still a Broadway Gem.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#12re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:41pm

I think that this thing is costing them way too much money and they realized that it is only going to go downhill from here.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#13re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:45pm

Eh, for some reason I doubt that they would pull the plug on a show this high profile. I won't believe it until I see an actual statement, but I do hope that it's not true.

BwayBoundJoe
#14re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:46pm

Look at wicked. It's become the Tilt-o-whirl of broadway. Imagine what Spiderman would do. It's sad that it has come down to $$$ rather than good quality shows. I personally hope this is true. Yes, I do also wish Alan would come back to broadway.

Updated On: 8/10/09 at 10:46 PM

AwesomeDanny
#15re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:49pm

Wow, I know that it would probably take a while for this show to recoup (if it ever would even), but I guess the producers finally realized it. It's probably less expensive the sooner they call it off. When do you think an official announcement will be made?

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#16re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:55pm

This bloated budgeted extravaganza seems ill conceived to me.I have seen some of the designs and work in progress and have cringed. I am not really sure who their intended audience is. Teens? theatre snobs? comic book aficionados? The later won't go for Taymor screwing with their super hero, and screw she will!
The show already has been hemorrhaging money and I am sure, once the number crunchers sat down and projected the final costs they decided to cut and run.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#17re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:56pm

I would like to know, if this is off, who is going to pay to fix the Hilton? By all accounts, the interior looks like a war zone right now, and is completely torn up, as is the stage. Who foots the bill to fix it?

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#18re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 10:58pm

I read an article that said it would take 800 years to recoup, thats IF it is playing to full capacity every night.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#19re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:00pm

I would like to know, if this is off, who is going to pay to fix the Hilton? By all accounts, the interior looks like a war zone right now, and is completely torn up, as is the stage. Who foots the bill to fix it?

I assume the production team had to sign a contract saying that they would pay for all renovations to the space. My guess is that they have to pay for the renovation through its completion.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#20re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:05pm

I was looking forward to seeing the special-effects that were making the budget so high. I am sure that still would have been spectacular(right?).

And of course I was excited about Ken Mandelbaum's new book "Not Since Spiderman:..."
Updated On: 8/10/09 at 11:05 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#21re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:13pm

Could the Hilton be a possible home for Minksy's if Spiderman is, indeed, off or is it too big?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

HollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
#22re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:15pm

Wonder if, if the show doesn't reboot, they'll release photos of the partially built set and pictures of the set design. I'd really like to know what the heck they wanted to build/were building that cost more than $45 million.

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#23re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:15pm

I need more proof... good news tho..

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#24re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:17pm

I doubt it Eris. With the Marquis available for the spring, I doubt that the production team would turn down a large theatre for a massive one that has a terrible financial history.

Videos