pixeltracker

Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)

Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#1Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:39pm

Apparently Demi Lovato was at Wicked this evening.
Just thought I'd share that.

Also, I was wondering, have any of you ever seen someone famous at a show? If so, were they at all a distraction to anyone in the audience? I personally think people would sometimes forget about the show and just sit there and freak out over whoever was in the audience. I mean tonight apparently people waited outside for Demi instead of the cast.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

Parks
#2re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:43pm

Very cool! I got to meet her at the mall by my house back in November--one of the few celebrity encounters I've had. She was nice enough to take a picture with my friends and me.

I overheard somebody say that Joan Rivers was at Wicked when I saw it in January... that might have been a lie though.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:44pm

I saw Sigourney Weaver and Marianne Seldes at God of Carnage in June.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#3re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:44pm

I saw Billy Joel at Company a couple days before it closed. Not many recognized him because he was likeI saw in like a usual outfit with a baseball cap on. Then at Spring Awakening I saw the guitar player from Bon Jovi.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#4re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:45pm

I saw Jersey Boys last year when Katie Holmes was in All My Sons, and Tom Cruise/David Beckham were in attendance. I was doing Standing Room and was rear center orch on the right, they were sitting center orch, below the overhang. There was only a commotion when the show returned from intermission but didnt last more than 15 seconds.

Also, Ian McShane and guest at Blasted at the SoHoRep - no noticeable mutterings.

David Blaine at August: Osage County

Jeff Goldblum at Gypsy

Camryn Manheim at the third to last performance of RENT

Mario Vasquez (American Idol fame) at In The Heights

The cast of Gypsy at the third preview, Sunday night, of Speed-The-Plow

Updated On: 8/8/09 at 11:45 PM

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#5re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:45pm

Bono and The Edge were at SPRING AWAKENING one night I saw it.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#6re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:47pm

Why just last night I bumped into Kathleen Turner at Next to Normal. I almost peed my pants.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/8/09 at 11:48pm

I saw Bryan Williams at Wicked (with what was, I presume, his family). He's very, very tall.

boylikethat Profile Photo
boylikethat
#8re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:05am

Victor Garber was at 'Catch Me If You Can' the night I saw it.

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#9re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:06am

Those all sound so cool.
I have never had a celebrity encounter at the theatre. Outside the theatre, yes, but you know. Sitting in a room with them (even if they are completely across the theatre from you) for 2+ hours seems exciting (does that make me creepy?)

Also, Demi is probably the only Disney Channel person I can STAND.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

Yankeefan007
#10re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:07am

I sat across the aisle from Daniel Craig at SPRING AWAKENING.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#11re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:07am

Who is Demi Lovato?

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#12re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:08am

Hmm... not many.

Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy at Spring Awakening

John Stamos at Hair

I know you. I know you. I know you.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:09am

Wdwfreak - so jealous you saw Billy Joel!

Apparently, someone from Married With Children was at the performance of the Sweet Charity revival I saw, but I didn't see him).

Also, I heard Christy Altomare from the Spring Awakening tour was at the same performance of Hair as I was, but I didn't see her there either. Not famous, but just thought I'd share.

And at the performance of Legally Blonde I went to, someone from an MTV reality show about a high school newspaper was there according to some girls, but I never watched the show nor had any clue exactly who he was.

Other than that, I don't remember seeing anyone famous.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

IfYouCan
#14re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:30am

Saw Bruce Springsteen last August at Spring Awakening.
Then at the closing show of Spring Awakening, I walked behind Norm Lewis on my way back up to the mezz during intermission.

The first performance of Hair after the Tonys, I saw John Stamos and Heather Locklear in the audience.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#15re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:36am

While working at Lion King selling merchandise I had the pleasure of seeing...
-Michael Jackson
-Joan Rivers
-Brooke Sheilds
-Barbara Walters
-Michael Cera
I couldn't hold myself back I was so excited. The day Michael Jackson came Broadway on Broadway was the same day and the second all the confetti was going off in time square looking beautiful out the Minskoff floor to celing windows Michael Jackson walked by and I could have died lol. At LK they have these 2 VIP rooms on the sides of the theater which are on the orch level where they would hide the celebs during intermission and b4 the show. Michael ended up watching Act 2 from there out of the curtain. Such a great day

bybubble
#16re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:42am

Saw Barbara Walters at the last preview of 9-5.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#17re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:49am

First time seeing Hair in March Nany Pelosi was sitting 2 rows in front of me.

When I saw Hair the night before the Tonys, Neil Patrick Harris was there and Kristin Chenoweth was there apparently, but I only saw Harris. He was really chill. He just walked out of the stage door normally and walked away with his partner.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

LauriePgh
#18re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 12:56am

umm, apparently Demi Lovato was not there :

ddlovatoSUCH a fun show tonight. I love you Minneapolis. Except a tornado which was only like 10 mins away almost stopped the show....... Haha
about 1 hour ago from web

Was written that Oprah was there though.
Demi, Oprah, I can see the easy mix up. re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)

Coraline Profile Photo
Coraline
#19re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 1:01am

I sat two rows behind Stephen Colbert at Guys and Dolls - I laughed every time he laughed, not because I thought a part of the show was funny, but because I wanted to laugh at the same thing Stephen Colbert was laughing at.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#20re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 1:11am

Who is Demi Lovato?

Disney Channel star - she was the lead in Camp Rock and frontsher own series "Sunny With a Chance".

Hmm...I saw Cindy Williams at Drowsy, George Wendt at Hairspray, Brooke Shields at Grease

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#21re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 1:24am

Oh, she can sang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIv1YM7XL0c

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#22re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 1:40am

Apparently Kirsten Dunst was at the same performance of August: Osage County that I saw, but I didn't see her.

-Eric Bogosian and Fred Armisen at the closing performance of Speed the Plow
-Tony Kushner at Dead Man's Cellphone
-Molly Shannon at Young Frankenstein
-Lynn Redgrave and Brian Stokes Mitchell at Sunday in the Park
-Bernadette Peters, Tyne Daly, Constantine Maroulis, and almost the entire cast of Gypsy minus Patti at the West Side Story open dress(It was quite the experience watching two Roses hug Arthur Laurents in succession. Actually, it was just a memorable experience watching Bernadette hug Arthur!)
-Bernadette, Liam Neeson, Nathan Lane, Andrea Martin, Mario Cantone, Barbara Cook, Alec Baldwin, Debra Monk, and Marvin Hamlisch at the A Little Night Music benefit concert.
-Stephen Sondheim, Raul Esparza, Victor Garber, Jack O'Brien, Eddie Hibbert, and Marian Seldes at the Ladies Who Sing Sondheim concert.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Updated On: 8/9/09 at 01:40 AM

DefyGravity777
#23re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 1:54am

Caroline Rhea was at the first preview of 9 to 5. Saw a lot of stars at Defying Inequality the concert re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#24re: Demi Lovato visited Wicked this evening (8.8.09)
Posted: 8/9/09 at 2:41am

She has a nice voice but I'm not a big fan of vocal gymnastics in general - especially during the National Anthem.

-Bernadette Peters, Tyne Daly, Constantine Maroulis, and almost the entire cast of Gypsy at the West Side Story open dress (It was quite the experience watching two Roses hug Arthur Laurents in succession. Actually, it was just a memorable experience watching Bernadette hug Arthur!)

So who didn't hug him or was Patti not there?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Videos