News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chason

Chason Profile Photo
Member Name: Chason
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Chason
Texas
SWIMMER, WRITER
LOVE theatre

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS  Apr 5 2008, 12:33:53 AM
I love that play (and the movie). Good luck to all involved. Break a LEG!
re: Question About TOBY in SWEENEY  Apr 5 2008, 12:28:40 AM
for the revival he came off a bit older, but the revival also had the musical being performed in an insane asylum by the patients... so who knows
OMG!! REALLY???? PLEASE - can anyone tell me about THAT version? Did the entire story take place in an insane assylum???? So, did it all turn out that the "crazyness" of the story was just "imaginary"?? ALL CHARACTERS were insane??? Oh, WOW! How creepy. How recently was that revival

re: THE LION KING  Apr 4 2008, 10:51:10 PM
I saw it on tour, also. It's AMAZING! Funny and heart-breaking. In the very last moment - you'll be moved to tears.
Question About TOBY in SWEENEY  Apr 4 2008, 08:10:33 PM
I've only recently read that TOBY in the PLAY is not a boy as young as he is in the movie. So, how old is he? How does the character differ?
I've seen the movie a dozen times now, and I'm seeing the play in September.
Let me know any other differences you can think of. I'm not expecting an exact replica (by any means), but I'm curious in how the play and movie differ in your opinion. Someone has told me that the play has a more comedic tone. True?

re: Big vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 2, game 9)  Mar 22 2008, 01:43:38 AM
{RENT - but only in the spring of 1996 with the original cast}

^ Oh. P L E A S E !!

RENT (from it's first preview until INFINITY!)

re: Color Purple Tour Scene Changes  Mar 22 2008, 01:36:26 AM
It's the "State Fair" musical here in Dallas - in October. I haven't even decided if I want to SEE it or not. Seriously - even Broadway TOURS (in Texas!) are about $80 for GOOD seats. No, ACTUALLY ther never ARE any "good" seats - those have already been taken by Season Ticket holders (and they're WELCOME to them - they have to sit through CATS for the umpteenth time). Should I? By the time SINGLE tickets go on sale I'll do GOOD to get right balcony for 50 bucks. Honestly - with the discounts (a
re: Beauty and The Beast National Tour!  Mar 22 2008, 01:28:03 AM
We saw it locally about 2 months ago. The special effects were pretty good, actually. Even still - I think it's kind of a silly play. I LOVE the movie - but trying to make the animation into something realistic - kind of takes away the whole "reality" of the story. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the music, though.
re: Chitty tour 2009  Mar 22 2008, 01:24:11 AM
Guess I MISSED the tours near me. I HATED the movie. Is the play better?
re: Dallas Summer Musicals -- New Show!  Mar 22 2008, 01:22:22 AM
What a load of CRAP! Whistle Down the Wind was an actual "play". No telling WHAT this whole new "Beatles" thing is going to be. They're drawing at STRAWS!
Cat Talk. How Gay IS He?  Mar 16 2008, 03:03:46 AM
I never touch drugs. Aw, WOW! It IS Broadway!
This thread isn't a joke.
How CRUCIAL do you think that the "sexuality" of BRICK is to the play? Does he spend the vast majority of the play without a SHIRT (as he did in the MOVIE - and other staged producions I've seen), then.......
I haven't SEEN the current production.... only asking those of you who have!
How Gay IS he in this new production?

re: Are we the new BUTCHERS of Broadway?  Mar 16 2008, 02:50:59 AM
This thread is so silly that I refuse to post!
re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)  Mar 16 2008, 02:49:08 AM
Extend it until (and ONLY until) HELL freezes over! Sounds good to me!
CAT - Shouldn't He Have His Shirt Off?  Mar 16 2008, 02:45:43 AM
I've seen 1 or 2 productions of Cat On a Hot Tin Roof - (and the MOVIE), INCLUDING my SENIOR High School production! Does BRICK take his shirt off in this new OFF-BRODAWAY production? I keep seeing pictures that show him fully dressed. In the MOVIE (and even in our "HS" production) he was STRIPPED from the waist up. How ELSE are we supposed to get the whole feeling of why Maggie..... you know.... can't let him GO???? Just wondering. Clothes don't MATTER in some circumstances, but with Cat On a H
re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)  Mar 16 2008, 02:26:09 AM
You have no idea how much I would love to see RENT on Broadway, but I've seen THREE tours of it! Saw ALL of them BEFORE I saw the movie. I saw the movie 6 times in the 6 weeks it played (it SHOULD have played longer). I've seen it MORE than 6 times on DVD - and so have all my frieds. We'll ABSOLUTELY buy tickets to see a LIVE version of it next time it plays - but till then.... we all love the MOVIE version.... and watch/listen to it.... well, almost ever day.
May Be OLD To You, But New To Me - What Did you Think Of BARE?  Mar 16 2008, 02:11:03 AM
I can't decide for sure. The production was AWESOME. The singing, the orchestra, the acting - A+, no doubt. If you saw BARE in it's off-Broadway production (which is now touring Texas like a lighting bolt) what did you think? I feel less than RENT (though some of my friends are excited beyond belief!) I'm willing to see it again. Do YOU think it has the passion of RENT? Even if you've never seen RENT... do you love it? I might need to see it again, mind you - but I had a hard time (at THIS produ
bare  Mar 13 2008, 02:41:07 AM
Wow - has this post gotten off subject, or what?
I know that BARE isn't exactly at the "top" news, no doubt - but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Uptown Players are in the TOPS of presenting quality product.
If you don't mind my asking? As opposed to starting a new thread (which I know that members on this board HATE! LOL) Can anyone reading THIS actually tell me what they THOUGHT of the play? It's not going to change my thoughts on GOING, as my tickets are BOUGHT, but I have this te

re: Most Thankless Broadway Job Ever?  Mar 10 2008, 02:23:56 AM
Wouldn't the most thankless Broadway job EVER be the person who scrubs the toilets after the audience leaves? Even Molly Ringwald hasn't had to do that, yet. And, please - no disrespect at ALL for the persons that DO have that job. Thank you.
re: GODSPELL BROADWAY CAST 2008!  Mar 10 2008, 02:08:34 AM
Parks: Well, naturally, if you see GODSPELL at a CHURCH (and haven't we all) you're looking at a cast of 20 that was pooled from an audition of 30! And only 4 or 5 of them are even in the CHOIR. That's not what I was talking about, and you know it. Get REAL!
re: Phantom coming to poland march 8th!  Mar 10 2008, 02:04:48 AM
Seriously though, the 2004 movie doesn't need to be recreated on stage. It's been done, and it was terrible.
SPEAK for YOURSELF! For one thing - it was NOT much different (if anything, more passionate). I LOVE the movie (possibly just a tinch more than the play). It just made the whole story more realistic for me; I found there to be more at stake.

re: GODSPELL BROADWAY CAST 2008!  Mar 10 2008, 01:55:26 AM
So they're really going to put GODSPELL back on Broadway, huh? Well, why should I be surprised? They put GREASE back on. I can see a local production (a GOOD one, mind you) of GODSPELL approximately 3 times a year in DFW. Don't get me wrong.. I love Godspell. I love the music and.... eh....I love the music. AND I'm Christian - so the music means something to me. That's the point, though - it's ALL about the music. And to be honest, I find it hard to believe that people would pony up 125 bucks to
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You