pixeltracker

'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7

'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7

RyToast1
#1'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:18pm

Frantic Fran's Theatre in association with R.E.M. LLC will host the Long Island premiere of Bare at The Bellmore Theatre on Friday, March 7 through Saturday April 5.

"Set in a Catholic high school, Bare is ripe with themes of forbidden love, alienation and spiritual confusion. Bare focuses on four high school seniors attending Catholic Boarding School, all of whom, in desperate and dire ways, come to find themselves at a turning point in their young lives. The deep-rooted and compelling themes that Bare confronts, force viewers to examine their beliefs and prejudices," describe press notes.

The cast features Dan Wagner, Rich Martino, Tracy McDowell, Erin Edelle, Danny Amy, Pamela Rufrano, Jon Parker, LaNette Wallace, Krystle Lee Latella, Kristen Butler, Nicolina Sciascia, Kristina Rose King, Brett Campbell, Adam Jaffe, Steve Cottonaro, Jess Murphy, Jackie Mienkiewicz, Chris Pombonyo and Steven Simeon.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=25093

Anyone going? I'm going with some friends tonight.

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#2re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:28pm

Ian McAndrew replaced Adam Jaffe. Just letting you guys know.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#2re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:32pm

Very cool.

Ry, were you at Gypsy last night? Good times!

xoangel2789xo
#3re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 4:39pm

I wanna go, though it's probably not gonna happen.

RyToast1
#4re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 5:43pm

Is there any other website for this production?

itwontbelongnowx Profile Photo
itwontbelongnowx
#6re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 5:54pm

I was there. I wrote a little review on another site, so I'll post it here...

So the stage was really small, it's in a movie theater sort of a space. They opened the doors at like 8:50 due to preformers coming in late because of the weather. So to the show... the mics were really screwing up the entire show, especially for the first act. It was okay, but kinda annoying. I'm gonna go though this by performer.

Rich Martino (Peter)- I love him! He's a really great singer and his acting is really believable. He may not look like a normal "high school kid" but his performance really made up for it.

Dan Wagner (Jason)- I did not like him at all. In my opinion, Jason should be pretty attractive. He looked like he was not out of high school and out of college for that matter! I did not like his voice for the role, and his acting wasn't amazing. I feel like they could've done a better casting job with this one.

Tracy McDowell (Ivy)- I'm not going to be biased but her All Grown Up brought down the HOUSE! She was perfection. I've never seen Tracy REALLY preform; I've only seen her Mark's Mom and never have seen her Maureen. I knew she was talented... but she was just SO talented.

Erin Edelle (Nadia)- She is the ****. Erin can sing and act phenominally and her portrayal of Nadia was amazing. I love her.
Updated On: 3/8/08 at 05:54 PM

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#7re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 6:02pm

hehe, I know who this is now. like the sn. re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7

itwontbelongnowx Profile Photo
itwontbelongnowx
#8re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:36pm

...is that a good thing? :P

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#9re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:41pm

Hmm Jaffe was replaced, that was one of the only reasons i was considering going was to see someone i went to school with actually in something.

RoseStopnikCooks Profile Photo
RoseStopnikCooks
#10re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:52pm

Man, is Richard Martino EVER going to stop forcing his awful performances on the Long Island theater community?

It must be nice being able to sleep your way to the top of every show.

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#11re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:53pm

oh my.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#12re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 10:06pm

haha yep. re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7

I'll tell you next time I see you. Updated On: 3/8/08 at 10:06 PM

luvpippin
#13re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:33pm

i didn't think any one else had ever heard of this guy but i have seen him in a few shows and i couldn't stop thinking "who let this garbage on stage???"! He sleeps his way to the top? Are you kidding? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. He has a weird body and a big head and is miscast in every single thing he does. Long Island Theatre keeps getting worse and worse!

Updated On: 3/9/08 at 11:33 PM

RyToast1
#14re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 12:00am

We left at intermission. It was wretched, and it was my friends' first exposure to the show, and they hated it, so I am sad now!

WRETCHED!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#15re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 12:06am

So anyone know why Adam was replaced?

RyToast1
#16re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 12:07am

I don't know who he is, but he probably didn't want his name attached to the production!!

jake6970
#17re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 12:09am

Can you tell a little more about it? How was the cast?

Chrissy*J
#18re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 12:13am

Jess Murphy is one of my really good friends!
Here's us last semester at our Into The Woods cast party (she was our Cinderella):
re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7

Chrissy*J

LadyRosecoe
#19re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 3:53am

I'd like to know why Adam might have left or been replaced as well. I've done theater in the past with a few of these folks and they were reliable and talented, I do hope to see it.

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#20re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 4:19am

I know why but it's not right for me to post people's private business. If you know him, ask him.

RoseStopnikCooks Profile Photo
RoseStopnikCooks
#21re: 'Bare' in Long Island Premiere March 7
Posted: 3/9/08 at 10:47pm

luvpippin, it was wonderful to see him, looking wonderfully Hispanic, playing Tony in a production of WEST SIDES TORY. Miscast, much?

So glad to hear someone else doesn't get his appeal.

You should've seen him in the towel in DEBBIE DOES DALLAS. I really wish I understood what it was that made people want him so badly.

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#22Dallas Playing It Also
Posted: 3/10/08 at 12:00am

Uptown Players is presenting BARE Feb.15-March 16. I'm seeing it. I've read comments that have said it's a bit like RENT. Not holding my breath, mind you - but I've got a front row seat for 25 bucks. Uptown Players has QUITE the rep.

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

meklove
#23Dallas Playing It Also
Posted: 3/10/08 at 1:36pm

Hey, LUVPIPPIN, what the heck is your deal? You sound like a jilted lover, getting so personal with someone. Hmmmmmm....maybe that's the case, but your post makes YOU look bad, not him. Talk about a bitchy queen, luvvin pippin is probably all the action you get.
Updated On: 3/10/08 at 01:36 PM

DMiller2
#24Dallas Playing It Also
Posted: 3/10/08 at 3:19pm

Just so you all know this is rosestopnikcooks
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/1253274198061198936GvqiJS

Perhaps before we comment on others looks we should take a good look in the mirror.