pixeltracker

rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)

rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)

italianpride888
#1rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/11/08 at 12:19am

In short.. very good. Only complaint was that alot of the numbers were sped up to much and/or the way the actor did there thing made it seem obvious that they do the same thing everyday. Like they were expecting the cues.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/11/08 at 12:29am

Wow, you said short and you sure meant it!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#2re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/11/08 at 12:30am

did u do the lotto? How full was the theater and how hard was it to get tickets? I was thinking of trying for this weekend.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#3re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/11/08 at 10:52am

Thanks for posting.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

italianpride888
#4re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:39am

hey, yeah. I did the lotto. My two friends won tickets and I went to the tkts booth and got orch. row E. The theater was pretty crowded.

Sorry for such a short reveiw but the net connection in the hotel is shakey.

Tamyra did really well too. They just need to not speed through all the songs lol.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:41am

Here's my ReNt review in short:

Meh.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#6re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/13/08 at 12:49am

Blaxx, that about sums the whole thing up.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

italianpride888
#7re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 2:01am

Well.. whats the deal with them speeding up the songs? The show was still very cool, but everything felt rushed. I mean even at the end, the guy playing Mark (names slips the mind) was visibly waiting for his cue to go get the projector.

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#8re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 2:26am

You have no idea how much I would love to see RENT on Broadway, but I've seen THREE tours of it! Saw ALL of them BEFORE I saw the movie. I saw the movie 6 times in the 6 weeks it played (it SHOULD have played longer). I've seen it MORE than 6 times on DVD - and so have all my frieds. We'll ABSOLUTELY buy tickets to see a LIVE version of it next time it plays - but till then.... we all love the MOVIE version.... and watch/listen to it.... well, almost ever day.

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

italianpride888
#9re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 2:43am

I heard from the theater manager that they are in talks of extending RENT past June 1st since it's been selling. I know it's been said and speculated, but I thought I'd put the facts out there I heard from the horses mouth.

Chason Profile Photo
Chason
#10re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 2:49am

Extend it until (and ONLY until) HELL freezes over! Sounds good to me!

George: Rubbing alcohol for you, Martha? Martha: Never mix, never worry!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#11re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 2:52am

You're gettin' a little too friendly with that caps lock key...

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#12re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:20am

Extend until....? And the announcement will be made?

There are a million threads on this but no facts.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:21am

"made it seem obvious that they do the same thing everyday..."

Well, surely they are acting in the same show 8 times a week, no?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

suicidalmickeymouse
#14re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:26am

Yeah, that's true, millie, but still it's nice for the audience to not be able to tell that.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.

italianpride888
#15re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:28am

well, I've seen other shows and it's not that obvious the actor does this.

And as far as the announcement goes, it was implyed that it was in serious discussion but he did not mention a date. Just when I asked, he said that it is in serious consideration of an extension.

btw- the theater manager is a really nice guy. I was sold a ticket at the tkts booth under the direct verbal impression that it was orch seating, but it ended up being mezz, and I had failed to look cause I was in a rush. I explained my issue to the theater manager and he helped me out. Excellent customer service.

And I saw Sierra on Monday walking out of rehearsals from the little mermaid. Well at least coming out the stage door. Shes really pretty. dang...

suicidalmickeymouse
#16re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:34am

Good to hear! Anyways, I am determined to get a last show ticket this time around.

Updated On: 3/16/08 at 11:34 AM

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#17re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 11:51am

Nice sig, mickey re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short). Started reading it and said "that sounds familiar."

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: rent review for 3/10/08 (in short)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 12:14pm

I misread your post. It is awfully vague. Hopefully when you get a better connection, you can elaborate more.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

italianpride888
#19re: rent review for 3/10/08 (now a bit longer)
Posted: 3/16/08 at 12:57pm

Here it goes.. my first reveiw. re: rent review for 3/10/08 (now a bit longer)

The opening was very good and very energetic as usual. It always gets me when the guy leading the band counts off "2,3,4!" before RENT. I love it.

Jay Wilkison played Roger. He was very good. I don't know what happend to Declan. Harley Jay was Mark. Jay seemed to have an issue mustering out Musettas Waltz though, but he got it.

The woman playing Mark's mom sped right through her part. Obviously never heard of comedic timing or pauses. re: rent review for 3/10/08 (now a bit longer)

The show it self felt a little sped up in parts. I was also kind of disappointed that the bag lady who berates Mark showed no anger. It was more like a sarcastic subtle chastise.

Justin... he was spot on. He's been doing it for sometime and you can tell he's still going good. There were people who were fairly newcomers and you could tell they were either going by script and not adlibbing at all, or they were prepping for what they knew was coming up. (Ala Harley noticeably prepping to go get the camera.) Very well done.

Owen Johnston II was sooo good as Gordon. I saw him and at first thought "OMG Billy Corgan is in this show!?" (Smashing Pumpkins).

4/5 all together
Updated On: 3/16/08 at 12:57 PM

Videos