News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for coasterking500

Member Name: coasterking500
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Notebook - Original Broadway Cast Recording
 Mar 5 2024, 02:06:57 PM

Kad said: "It's a shame Ghostlight has taken such a turn- in the initial years after they were formed, they were the go-to label for cast albums."

Couldn’t agree more Kad! They used to be awesome and not that their finished products aren’t good they just take a long time. Still waiting on that Death Note album from the London staged concert.

i go Saturday to the Notebook and glad to know if i like the score the album will be coming so

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews
 Feb 25 2024, 08:27:51 PM

I am apparently in the minority here as I absolutely loved this show. I plan to go back after they open to see what changed in previews. I am not familiar with the source material in any way so I truly had nothing to base from that.

I am a sucker for a circus theme and I thought the circus elements were very strong. I was entertained and want to go back and see what I missed as there was a lot going on just like there would be at a circus.
i actually really liked much of the

Theaters Comfortable for
 May 25 2023, 01:17:01 PM

I am a large theater patron, 6’3 300+ lbs. If I ever have an issue I talk to the staff and they usually go to the house manager to see what can be done if anything. More times than not they are very accommodating. 
There isn’t always something that can be accomplished but they often have helped greatly. Do not be afraid to speak up and ask for help. There’s no need to be embarrassed, I’m sure people on this board have seen me do this. 

Even seats

Titanique
 Sep 2 2022, 08:43:29 AM

I enjoyed this enough when I saw it.
The only real issue I had is I didn’t quite get a lot of the references and songs at times. So I feel a good chunk of the humor went over my head. 
What I understood I often found very funny so I certainly appreciate others love for it. I just wish I was able to join them the whole time. 

Magic Mike Drama - Kitt & Yorkey exit
 May 5 2019, 08:36:27 AM
Wouldnt also ticket price be working against them without some big names attatched creative or cast?
I know this can be said of most any adaptation of an IP which is so common these days, but with there already being a movie with a pretty well known cast plus the internet I just wonder if this will struggle to pull in an audience long term.
Sure theres plenty who at first will shell out the money but whats the difference between paying to go to a actual strip club or other show of that

BEETLEJUICE Previews
 Mar 31 2019, 12:26:03 AM

Im in the minority because I really enjoyed the show in DC. I don't go for another few weeks and not sure if this needs a spoiler tag, have they changed Otho or any of his material?

In DC that and the boy band (couldnt be happier they are gone!) really dragged things for me.

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 25 2019, 04:17:21 PM
I haven't seen Hadestown up there but seen a good number of shows from the Balcony at the Kerr.
I am no small gentlemen by any means at 6'4" In fact im sure ive sat by many a patron in a theatre who think "Help Godzilla is coming!"

However i usually get an aisle and the legroom is just fine not amazing mind you but not as bad as alot of other theatres. (Looking at you St James Mezz!). I do normally try to snag an aisle though so if you can that helps.

Tiki Barber to join Kinky Boots
 Jan 20 2019, 08:56:28 PM
I was there on Friday. Friends in town wanted to see the show. I was not a fan of Tiki, his performance is just laughable, honestly personally it is a travesty he is in this at all made worse by how just much he doesn't belong on this or any stage in my opinion.

His voice is bad, his acting is bland. When he dances Ill say hes trying but its beyond clear he dances like a football player who cant dance standing next to actual factual dancers. As someone pointed out as Don the lyrics and

Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019
 Nov 21 2018, 12:58:03 PM

I was able to grab tickets after trying many dates for the $99 price range in October. Not nearly the ideal date I was looking for. If Im able to get tickets in the ideal range on the next presale or General sale dates I will sell the October tickets to help someone else see the show....you know at extremely jacked up rates of course. NO im kidding face value all the way scalpers make me want to vomit and I wouldn't give two squirrel farts if all the scalpers on the planet disappeared ove

HEAD OVER HEELS Previews
 Jun 25 2018, 11:59:31 PM

Whizzer because you mentioned it and anyone who has seen the show do they really count Heaven Is A Place on Earth? Because it’s technically not a gogos hit if my memory serves, Ms. Carlisle sang the song but after the gogos went byebye. (Don’t ask how I know that fact I blame Jeopardy)

Theaters Comfortable for
 Jun 15 2018, 09:02:00 AM
I am a Big Broad and Beautiful theatre patron myself who goes to everything I can.

One theatre that is a big problem i find is the St. James especially the mezzanine. Even on an aisle seat. As someone stated aisle seats are the way to go. I'll spend little extra to pick one.

As far as blocking views it happens and some are nice and polite, others have hit me in the back of the head to try to resolve their problems.

If I may add some advice I do. Wear pants over sho

THE HONEYMOONERS at Paper Mill
 Sep 30 2017, 06:44:42 PM

I was there last night and have to echo the feelings from golden boy.  It needs work.  Is there a good show here?  Yes there is but not in its current form. 

The book and plot need work and really the score does big time. A few numbers just need to flat out be cut. Not every number also needs a dance break.  I also found the score to be light as in there weren't a ton of lyrics to songs I felt could have been longer then others that good god why am I watchi

Ride the cyclone MCC
 Dec 23 2016, 09:50:02 AM

I greatly enjoyed the show when I saw it.  Perfect no but I found it highly entertaining.  Not to be that guy here but think there's any snowball chance down below a cast album happens?

A BRONX TALE Previews
 Nov 4 2016, 08:38:29 AM

I actually liked the show at papermill when I first saw it, but liked it less the more I thought about it. save for about 5 of the numbers I cant remember a single song. 

I checked my papermill song list and it shocks me that none of these ongs changed, which is a problem.   I thought the Jane material was an issue then and through the great and powerful Whiz (zer) it sounds like my biggest fear with this show is true, they didn't see fit to change a thing.  tha

TUCK EVERLASTING Previews
 Apr 1 2016, 08:26:44 AM

Whizzer, what did you think of the finale sequence? Without giving anything away just was wondering if you were fan or not......I was very much not.

TUCK EVERLASTING Previews
 Apr 1 2016, 12:11:30 AM

I was there tonight as well.  I was left with the impression of mediocrity. It's ok but nothing spectacular.  The cast is doing well wit what is in front of them I just don't think whats in front of them is all that great. I could watch Carolee carmello.in pretty much anything and enjoy seeing her. 

I agree mostly with what the great and powerful Whizzer said.  The sound didn't both me as much but know exactly what he was dating about the system. &n

Bronx Tale @ Papermill
 Feb 7 2016, 08:09:35 AM

I saw the show last night. The evening started with a delay, 2 very loud sound glitches before the show started,mother performed the majority of the first number before the voice from the speaker came on to inform us of a technical difficulty and there would be a delay, to which Jason Gotay was midline and made a comical expression when he was interrupted. There was a slight break then they started again from the top, that was the only delay of the evening. 

Now onto the show. I ov

Hunchback Album
 Dec 1 2015, 07:28:43 PM

Reached out and don't get your hopes up for a digital release Friday. They quoted January as a release but did not give an exact date. Not that long of a wait left at least.

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Oct 5 2015, 11:01:11 AM

Hogan- I see exactly what you mean. I just at the time wasn't sure if I missed something or not, admittedly I had a tough time hearing at moments so I thought I might have just overlooked something. I really appreciate your insight and help! 

Namo - that was great, I just laughed really loud at work! :)

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Oct 5 2015, 09:36:40 AM

Dramamama oh I could see that now that I'm thinking about it, thanks!  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You