News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.

Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 4/24/24 at 10:31am

Announcement! This sounds fun.

Marla Mindelle, who starred in and co-created the Off-Broadway hit Titanique, is debuting her new musical The Big Gay Jamboree Off-Broadway this fall. 

The show is co-written by Mindelle and is described as a parody of musical theater itself. Sue Wagner, John Johnson, and Margot Robbie’s production company LuckyChap are serving as producers of the show.

In 2019, LuckyChap had announced a deal to produce the title as a movie musical for Paramount, however that has not yet materialized. Their involvement in the stage show marks LuckyChap’s first foray into theater.

The Big Gay Jamboree features a book by Mindelle and by Jonathan Parks-Ramage (author of Yes, Daddy), with music and lyrics by Mindelle and Philip Drennen and direction and choreography by Connor Gallagher (Beetlejuice on Broadway). The production describes it as a show that centers on Stacey, who wakes up hungover, “in the most terrifying place of all: an Off-Broadway musical.” 

“With no memory of how she got there, Stacey is forced to put her BFA in theater to use, belt her face off, and figure out how the hell she’s gonna escape this 1940’s golden age musical,” the press release reads. 

Performances are set to begin at the Orpheum Theatre on Sept. 14, with an opening night set for Oct. 1. Full casting will be announced at a later date. 

Updated On: 4/24/24 at 10:31 AM

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Menken Fan
#2Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 4/24/24 at 11:01am

Sounds a little Schmigadoon-y. Not a bad thing. Looking forward to seeing this!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
TaffyDavenport
#5Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 7/11/24 at 11:43am

Really strange to me how little this show has been promoted. They've already dropped prices on Tickemaster, without even offering a discount code first.

BoringBoredBoard40
#6Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 7/11/24 at 1:53pm

Who else is going to be in this, and boy does it sound like Schmigadoon on stage....

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 7/11/24 at 2:17pm

Performances aren't for 2 more months, they're certainly not in rehearsal and may not even be fully cast. Once rehearsals are in progress, promotion will go into full swing.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bowtie7
#8Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 7/11/24 at 5:37pm

More like a musical version of Christopher Durang's The Actors Nightmare, in which accountant George finds himself onstage in an ever shifting play. Durang, in the short play that was sometimes the opening act before Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All to You, manages to parody Hamlet, A Man for All Seasons, Private Lives, and Endgame.

TaffyDavenport
#9Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/5/24 at 2:10pm

https://deadline.com/2024/08/alex-moffat-big-gay-jamboree-1236031521/

"Former Saturday Night Live cast member Alex Moffat is joining the cast of Off Broadway‘s The Big Gay Jamboree, the much-anticipated follow-up from Marla Mindelle, co-author and original star of the wildly popular musical comedy Titaníque.

Moffat will appear alongside the previously announced Mindelle, as well as newly announced Paris Nix, Constantine Rousouli (a Titaníque co-creator and original cast member), and Natalie Walker, with Jaden Dominique, Brad Greer, Jeremiah Ginn, Amanda Lee, Jillian Mueller, Olivia Puckett, Melvin Tunstall, Clyde Voce, Cortney Wolfson, and John Yi rounding out the ensemble."

Updated On: 8/5/24 at 02:10 PM

TaffyDavenport
Quinn Wilson
#11Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/5/24 at 2:39pm

It makes me so happy to see Marla Mindelle getting her flowers. I saw her in Sister Act and that woman is just a bundle of talent. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#12Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/24/24 at 5:00am

considering this starts in about three weeks the sales do not look promising...

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#13Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/25/24 at 3:34pm

I looked up tix about a week ago as I'd started to schedule our shows for Oct, and the next day the Jamboree tix had gone from $100 to $130 (same section, seats, etc.) And with a LOT of availability. Annoying, but it happens. But made me just think "oh, well I'll wait for a code". 🙄 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#14Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/25/24 at 4:46pm

Weird key art. This is selling really poorly so I have no idea why they would jack up the price, especially starting in October where there is nothing but availability. If this is an open run, they really need to actually start advertising considering it opens in less than 3 weeks.....

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#15Marla Mindelle's BIG GAY JAMBOREE at the Orpheum Off-Bway, produced by Margot Robbie. Fall 2024.
Posted: 8/26/24 at 9:54am

I see advertising all the time so I’m thinking that ain’t the problem 

Videos