News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWAY Baby2

Member Name: BWAY Baby2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London  Apr 14 2024, 08:42:24 AM

Saw it in London with my brother and his wife- we all LOVED it. Highly recommend this show. Witty, funny, intelligent , fast moving and highly entertaining. 

MOTHER PLAY seating question  Apr 7 2024, 09:30:28 PM

Sat in 4th row center- great seats- but they were premium and 250 each- but if you have the money- cant think of a better way to spend it.

MOTHER PLAY Previews  Apr 7 2024, 07:56:53 PM

Saw the show today- 2PM show- it ran till almost 4. LOVED IT!It brought me to tears- and when I discussed it with the lady sitting in front of me- she was in tears, too. This play is about family love- the intensity of it- and the imperfections that don't allow us to fully express our love and support. A very intense exploration- and the acting was amazing. I highly recommend this show. I absolutely loved it. I love drama- and intense emotional explorations- and this show is a showcase fo

Kander and Ebb’s 3rd best show  Jan 19 2024, 09:04:24 PM

I loved Flora, The Red Menace. I still listen to the Liza Minnelli soundtrack- loved the show in 1965.

Streisand Will Release First Memoir this Fall  Dec 26 2023, 12:20:43 PM

Love this memoir- a very interesting read. 

Sondheim killed Barbra’s Gypsy.  Nov 9 2023, 06:14:19 AM

She did great with Yentl.

Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?  Oct 20 2023, 08:43:00 AM

Second row center for me- musical or drama- you can see and hear everything. 

Aug 7 2023, 08:52:37 PM

Flora The Red Menace it starred Liza- and Skyscraper- it starred Julie Harris

London- West End Help/Recommendations  Jul 2 2023, 03:46:38 AM

I London now- saw 5 A plus shows so far- loved them all---and highly recommend--Lion King, Hamilton, Groundhog Day, The Crucible, A Strange Loop- all excellent. Hamilton was an easy ticket- third row center- a much better experience of this masterpiece up close and center.

Water for Elephants at the Alliance Theatre - Has Anyone Seen?  Jun 10 2023, 07:56:07 PM

I have tickets Sunday, July 9.  Hoping it is really good.

Why didn't Norm win a Tony for Porgy & Bess?  May 1 2023, 06:29:13 AM

LOL--While we are on the subject--Barbra should have gotten it for FG.

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 27 2023, 01:46:40 PM

I have to say- I thought the actor- who was black- did a great job in the Lehman Trilogy- and it is true he played multiple roles- is there any example of a Jew or any white person being cast in the role of any hispotirfcally black person? I can't think of any.

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 27 2023, 08:14:44 AM

Interesting discussion. My point about casting black people as celebrated Jews- but not casting white people or Jews as celebrated black people- ever- is what I find to be a double standard--Florenz Ziegfeld and a Lehman Brother being two recent examples. But, I see that has no traction on this board. 

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 26 2023, 09:31:52 PM

Exactly- and I know I have been labeled racist for bringing this issue up a few pages back- because people see Jews as part of the white privilege package- and therefore it is totally acceptable to negate any challenge Jews have voiced - easily chalking it up to racism and white privilege. For me, it is not acceptable to have historically celebrated Jews- a Lehman Brother- Florenz Ziegfeld to name two recent examples-  portrayed by black actors- unless colorless casting goes both ways. I

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 26 2023, 08:07:51 PM

For me, I think there is an anti- white bias in a lot of what is going on these days- and I cannot say I do not understand why- because, any thoughtful person will agree that diversity has not been happening in so many walks of life for a very long time- and white people have basically controlled and locked out POC in so many areas of life- and that needs to be corrected and stopped. For me, that is undeniable. However, in the quest to be more equitable and fair to POC, LBG....., etc. perhaps

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 26 2023, 10:43:29 AM

I agree as well- I love Sean Hayes and hope to see it. But, we are discussing the broader questions of Jewish participation in the diversity discussion. I hope Sean Hayes has a long run- and I cant wait to see it.

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 26 2023, 08:24:15 AM

In your opinion- are Jews locked out of the diversity discussion specifically when casting roles in the arts?  Do you think Jews should be part of the discussion and should be looked at as "protected"? Does the push for POC diversity currently include Jews- if not, why not? and do you think Jews should be included in this push for diversity?

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 26 2023, 06:42:12 AM

The fundamental truth here is- the diversity police- who want a black, brown or POC influence in every segment of life- including every movie, show, etc.- which I think is valid, justified and a long time coming- have deemed Jews to not be part of the diversity push. Jews have suffered historically- and are still being persecuted- yet they are not a "protected" class- quite the opposite. And this, my friends, is anti-semitism at work. This is why you can have a black Florenz Ziegfel

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 25 2023, 07:04:56 PM

I agree with you- if the story is based on discrimination- then of course that could be an exception. However, please name me one- only one- role where a white person- or a Jew- portrayed a celebrated person of color- similar to a Lehman Brother or Florenz Ziegfeld. 

Sean Hayes / Oscar Levant - The Jewish Part  Apr 25 2023, 06:56:43 PM

If we are going to cast the best person for each role- what difference does it make the color of the person? If it is okay to have a black Lehman brother- then it is okay to have a white, Jewish Tuskegee Airman- or is it only okay for anyone to play Jews- but not okay for a Jew to play a black person? But, sadly- that is not the case- and you know it. I am trying to point out an inconsistency- hypocrisy-  that is being accepted and that I view as racist and unfair. Personally, if we want

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You