News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for My_Candle

My_Candle Profile Photo
Member Name: My_Candle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Current State of SPAMALOT
 Dec 17 2008, 10:43:24 PM
I read somewhere that Martin Moran is going to play Sir Robin after Clay leaves.
re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 27 2008, 01:08:57 AM
I like the door.

I disliked Rosie's singing. Stop!

The show needs more Broadway talent...loved the dancers in the first act, and enjoyed Liza. But Rosie was off-key.

re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
 Nov 23 2008, 06:52:17 PM
The Shubert is a small theatre. I've sat in Row R center orchestra and I thought the view was just fine. I've also sat in Row B. I thought Row R was perfectly fine for Spamalot which has so much to take in and for watching the overall show. Row B was great for what was going on right in front of you but you lose the big picture of the story.
re: Spamalot this Sunday, is Clay there?
 Oct 23 2008, 10:04:36 PM
It was last Saturday and Sunday that Clay was out. This Sunday? He'll probably be there, except he sprained his ankle during last night's performance and wasn't able to go on for the second act tonight.
re: Spamalot closing January 18
 Oct 17 2008, 08:30:03 PM
Clay Aiken isn't a dud. He does a great job with the role of Robin and he is well liked by the rest of the cast. It is an ensemble show and they work well together.
re: Merle Dandridge: African American, Ryukyuan, Japanese, and Korean???
 Oct 3 2008, 06:58:52 PM
Merle has a new interview:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/121941.html

re: Frank Wildhorn's The Civil War
 Sep 28 2008, 03:32:26 PM
At a Ford's Theatre event in DC last spring Clay Aiken sang Sarah from TCW. Apparently it was quite moving.
re: Get thee to the Shubert Theater...
 Sep 14 2008, 08:13:39 PM
Michael Siberry begins his King Arthur role on Tuesday, September 16. That might have been him today--whoever I saw in a clip looked a little lost.
re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
 Aug 28 2008, 04:17:25 PM
"And I really wish Robert Petkoff was staying instead of Clay coming back. I think he was better, and it was easier to take him seriously"

We are supposed to take these characters seriously in Spamalot? Who knew?

re: Spamalot Casting
 Aug 20 2008, 08:58:37 PM
Britney Spears? Right....

I'm looking forward to Merle. Hannah was beyond amazing. She had the voice, the looks, and the comedic timing. I'm sure Merle will do a great job too.

re: Clay Aiken to RETURN to broadway
 Aug 13 2008, 11:39:58 PM
"Yeah but wasn't the Spamalot thing to promote the album and after words he was going to tour? Obviously no one wanted to fund his tour which is why is back in Spamalot."

That was the fans interpretation. Jerome, his bodyguard said, see you in the fall. The fans thought that meant a tour.

Besides, Clay funds his own tours.

Aug 13 2008, 09:45:45 PM
"What happened to the CD you were hailing to the high heavens 3 months ago? Don't normal singers go on tour to promote their recent releases?"

I doubt that singers with newborns go on tour. At least this one doesn't. Why would he want to stick his family on a tourbus at this stage? Next year when the Parker is a bit older they can tour.

Spamalot is the perfect solution. He will have a good amount of time to spend with Jaymes and Parker since he isn't recording an album this

Aug 12 2008, 09:06:33 PM
"I also did not like the actors that played Sirs Lancelot & Galahad too."

I hope you are not talking about Rick Holmes who plays Lancelot. Most people, including me, think he is amazing. As is Tom Deckman who plays Herbert. They did lose something when Christopher Sieber left.

Sorry you didn't get to see Hannah. She was a hoot!

Aug 12 2008, 08:18:36 PM
Jaystarr, Sir Robin is the perfect role for Clay. He couldn't do Lancelot because he can't dance that well, and who would mistake him for a swordsman that kills people?

Have you seen him in the role? If not, you might give him a chance.

Aug 12 2008, 06:08:06 PM
How nice that Clay, Jaymes, and the baby can all be together in NYC for the fall!
re: Memorial Day Concert on PBS
 May 26 2008, 03:26:41 PM
There shouldn't have been any problems with DC hair. It was a beautiful day in the 70's with no humidity. Extremely unusual weather for Memorial Day in DC.
re: Taylor Hicks to Join GREASE Cast
 May 17 2008, 07:37:41 PM
Ruben will be touring with Frenchie in Ain't Misbehavin'. I'd like to see it but he's not coming anywhere near me.
re: Broadway's Hottest Women
 May 8 2008, 06:50:31 PM
Hannah Waddingham is stunning and very sexy. My husband is totally smitten with her!
re: SPAMALOT - Help!
 May 4 2008, 03:14:24 PM
I've heard about plenty of people who had no Monty Python background but loved the show. I did watch the movie and didn't care for it much. I loved the show and the entire cast.

I thought Jonathan Hadary did a fine job as King Arthur, but I also saw Anthony Holds play the role and I enjoyed him very much. He had a younger take on the part and it fit in well with the show.

The cast is great. You just can't beat Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes and Hannah Waddingham.

re: Hannah Waddingham in Spamalot...
 Apr 26 2008, 11:01:29 PM
She was out a week maybe in February with flu or some such thing and she was out a couple of weeks ago with an injured knee. She is back now and doing great. Don't miss her, she is fantastic! And if she is out, you can always get your money back.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You