Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 12:37pm

Sorry, this might end up being a bit long. I ended up seeing it again last night because I really enjoyed it the first time I saw it, and I got out of my meeting too late to see if there were student rush tickets for Xanadu. And I happened to not have enough money on me at TKTS. So, now next time I know to be better prepared if I plan to do last minute tickets.

Anyway, it honestly was not a train wreck like I thought it would be. I'll admit, there are cast members who were stellar, and some who weren't, but I'll get into that later.

I got my ticket for the balcony section in row E, seat 111. I was afraid it was going to be bad, but it wasn't. I actually think I liked sitting there better than in the rear orchestra. I got a full view of the stage, except for maybe the couple of things that happen in the front, but they were very little details. Sure, I saw the stage open and close with the Lady of the Lake, but I thought that made the experience a little more interesting to see.

The Cast:
Stephen Collins: He's a pretty good singer, but that's about it. He looked silly as King Arthur, and just doesn't fit the role too well. However, if you stage door, he is very nice. He actually stays and talks to people for quite awhile. I left after he came out because I was sure nobody else was coming out, but he was still standing there talking to people. He even tolerated people taking a million photos with him.

Marin Mazzie: She is a good singer too, but not a very good Lady of the Lake. She did not get into the role at all. Hannah Waddingham was better. I actually did not care for Marin's renditions of any of the songs either. What's fun about the Lady of the Lake is her personality, but Marin failed to have that. She was very nice at the stage door. Unfortunately, I did not get her autograph, but that's okay because there were a lot of little girls there, and I also did not want to be rude to switch my place at the door just to get her attention.

Drew Lachey: He was cute. I won't say that he was the worst casting choice ever, but that's what all of his characters ended up being. But then, that's just how he seems to be in general from seeing him on television and in concert, plus meeting him another time before last night. And again, as always, he was very nice at the stage door.

Tom Deckman and Rick Holmes were amazing, like the last time I saw it. For me, they are the best thing in the show right now. I seriously could not stop laughing at Rick while he was in the French taunter role. Tom Deckman is just cute as Prince Herbert. I think he is my favorite character after the Lady of the Lake. Rick was nice at the stage door again. Tom Deckman did not come out, but that's okay since he did the last time I went.

Bradley Dean and Robert Petkoff were very good too. Bradley Dean certainly is not Christopher Seiber, but I have no negative comments to him. And I really wish Robert Petkoff was staying instead of Clay coming back. I think he was better, and it was easier to take him seriously. Clay wasn't bad either, but it was hard to stop thinking of him being Clay. Bradley Dean did come out the stage door, and he was very nice.

All in all, it was a good night. I give this performance an 8 1/2 out of 10 because it was still very fun, but definitely there were flaws in casting and acting ability.

Oh yes, and I now fear the stage door again when Clay comes back. It was so quiet last night, and that is all I will say.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Cartwheel
#2re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 1:36pm

"And I really wish Robert Petkoff was staying instead of Clay coming back. I think he was better, and it was easier to take him seriously. Clay wasn't bad either, but it was hard to stop thinking of him being Clay. "

Isn't that your problem rather than his?

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#2re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 2:21pm

you know what Cartwheel? there is no U in opinion.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

NGD47 Profile Photo
NGD47
#3re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 2:32pm

Hey Cartwheel, do you have Claydar? No one wants you here.

Formerly Defyingravity07

< It ain't pretty, but she sure is

My_Candle Profile Photo
My_Candle
#4re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 4:17pm

"And I really wish Robert Petkoff was staying instead of Clay coming back. I think he was better, and it was easier to take him seriously"

We are supposed to take these characters seriously in Spamalot? Who knew?

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#5re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 7:32pm

LOL NGD47!!

You're the best!!

Formally Spellingbeefan4ever

Mekroth
#6re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 7:54pm

Don't listen to Foomle. He's a liar.

Mekroth
#7re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 7:57pm

And an ass burger.

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#8re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:20pm

What did I lie about? I said NGD47 was the best.

There is also no such thing as ASS BURGERS. There IS a such thing as asperger syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

So get your facts straight before you use that term again.

Thanks!!

Mekroth
#9re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:22pm

"get your facts straight before you use that term again"

ASS BURGER!!
I do have my facts straight, so I used it again.

"What did I lie about? I said NGD47 was the best"
There you go.

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#10re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:29pm

It's an opinion!!!

Geese. Maybe they don't teach 2nd graders as much as I thought they did!

Mekroth
#11re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:35pm

Yes. It's your incorrect opinion that ass burger is not a real word.

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#12re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:36pm

Do you have proof that it IS a real word?

Mekroth
#13re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:40pm

Go over to the Off-topic board right now.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#14re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:41pm

geese

re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 8/28/08 at 08:41 PM

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#15re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:41pm

I'm there. What should I be looking at? You making an ass out of yourself? I've seen it all night.

Mekroth
#16re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:44pm

You're making an ass burger out of yourself.

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#17re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:45pm

What is this ass burger you speak of??

Mekroth
#18re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:52pm

He used to be called spellingbeefan4ever.....

Foomle Profile Photo
Foomle
#19re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 8:56pm

I have asperger syndrome. Not this poppycock you call ASS BURGER.

Mekroth
#20re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 9:00pm

I never said you had ass burgers, I'm saying that you are an ass burger.
Updated On: 8/28/08 at 09:00 PM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#21re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 9:01pm

Honey, they are not making fun of your syndrome, they are making fun of you. It's a nickname. Embrace it.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Mekroth
#22re: Spamalot 8/27-My Thoughts
Posted: 8/28/08 at 9:16pm

And if you can't embrace it, then you damn well better get used to it.

Videos