pixeltracker

Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?

Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#1Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:21am

Hey guys,

Sorry to clog up the board, but I'm taking my family to see Spamalot (this is one of few shows I actually haven't seen, I keep missing my opportunity) and I have the option of center orchestra row P or Center Mezzanine Row A on the aisle.

Is the mezz going to be too high up for me to see, or will it be a better seat than P of orchestra (which is under the overhang by a few rows.) I've never been to the Shubert, and thought the good people on the board could help.

Any help is appreciated, and I again apologize for board cramming.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:31am

I'd take the Mezzanine seats...not much leg room but probably a better and more clear view.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#2re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 6/26/08 at 1:57am

Mezz, definitely! Perfect view! P is toooooo far back in the orch.

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#3re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 6/26/08 at 9:56am

Since you would be in the front row of the Mezzanine at the beautiful Shubert, I would go for those seats. Further back in the Mezzanine is problematic because of the overhang of the second balcony. Your view is squeezed into a rectangular box when you are further back in the Shubert's Mezzanine. Front row of the 2nd balcony is really quite good. I enjoyed CRAZY FOR YOU from that location 4 times--it doesn't seem that far away from the stage. And you get to look down at the pit orchestra, something that I enjoy doing.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 6/26/08 at 12:18pm

"P is toooooo far back in the orch."

Not really. The theater is not that long. I did SRO and could see their facial expressions fine. The ONLY thing that might be a problem is the overhang from the mezz, but it didn't detract from my viewing of the performance.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

tylerkurtz
#5re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:03pm

is row e of the mezzanine center good or bad and will the balcony block my view from my row
and wil i see the top of the curtain as well

and will i see the top or front of the actors faces

tylerkurtz
#6re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:16pm

?

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#7re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:39pm

tyler, do not get anything in the Mezz, except for the first 3 rows. The overhang and the slope of Rows D-G will block the upper half of your view. It's better to sit in either the orch., or the first few rows of the balc., which is high, but an unobstructed view.

tylerkurtz
#8re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 5:19pm

is row e of the mezzanine center good or bad and will the balcony block my view from my row

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 5:28pm

Mezzanine

Poster Emeritus

tylerkurtz
#10re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 6:44pm

tylerkurtz
#11re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 6:44pm

is row F of the mezzanine center good or bad and will the balcony block my view from my row

pab Profile Photo
pab
#12re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 6:50pm

scaryclowns223, there is absolutely no question the Mezzanine is a better choice.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

My_Candle Profile Photo
My_Candle
#13re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 6:52pm

The Shubert is a small theatre. I've sat in Row R center orchestra and I thought the view was just fine. I've also sat in Row B. I thought Row R was perfectly fine for Spamalot which has so much to take in and for watching the overall show. Row B was great for what was going on right in front of you but you lose the big picture of the story.

tylerkurtz
#14re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 9:29pm

is row F of the mezzanine center good or bad and will the balcony block my view from my row

*******WILL THE TOP BALCONY OBSTRUCT MY VIEW***********

tylerkurtz
#15re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/23/08 at 9:49pm

is row f of the mezzanine considered front mezzanine

tylerkurtz
tylerkurtz
#17re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 3:13pm

*******WILL THE TOP BALCONY OBSTRUCT MY VIEW***********

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 3:43pm

Tyler, are you illiterate? Thetinymagic2 answered your question WAY up.

tyler, do not get anything in the Mezz, except for the first 3 rows. The overhang and the slope of Rows D-G will block the upper half of your view. It's better to sit in either the orch., or the first few rows of the balc., which is high, but an unobstructed view.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

fizzthelibertine
#19re: Shubert Theatre- Mezzanine or Orchestra?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 3:59pm

tyler what is your question? it's not like you posted it 20 times. Updated On: 11/24/08 at 03:59 PM