News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for majortom1981

Member Name: majortom1981
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT. YES THIS IS MY RANT ABOUT THE STRIKE
 Nov 13 2007, 07:33:23 AM
The union is very selfish. Comer on try to tell me why they arent. They only thought of themselves when they decided to strike. They dont care about all the business and restaraunts losing money and how that effects those places employees who get paid much less then they do. They dont care about all the little kids that they are effecting.

they could have done this in a much better manner by rolling strikes. Have a specific show shut down every week .Not everything at once. This is ve

re: What Off-Broadway Shows Would You Recommend?
 Nov 12 2007, 12:53:03 AM
Does the Big Apple Circus count lol?
re: GO SEE AN OFF-BROADWAY SHOW!
 Nov 12 2007, 12:52:25 AM
My gf ,her parents and I had tickets to the little mermaid sat wich was obviously cancelled. So what did we decide to do? We went to see the big apple circus. Its not technically a play but ifeel well worth going to see if anybodys show got cancelled. Also the profits from the show go to helping out kids . So you get to see a great show (under a real tent) and get to help out kids all at the same time.

So i Suggest going to see the circus in lincoln center. I was very impressed and I

re: Stage hand strike
 Nov 10 2007, 10:20:10 AM
This union is selfish. This effects more then them. The union leaders also dont care about the lesser members on the union. there are a lot of plays that wont be able to outlast this strike. They have to pay the actors and everyone else and refund the money. The smaller plays would have tol oclosse down and a lot of stagehands will have no jobs to comeback to.

I fidn that very selfish. I hope the city does to this union what they did to the mta union. (by the way the city sued them a

re: LITTLE MERMAID Pull-Out Poster in Sunday NY Times
 Nov 10 2007, 10:17:19 AM
Does anybody know if the little mermaid is effected by this? I cant get a straight answer. Even ticketmaster has no clue yet.
re: Any of you guys going to join the picket lines in support
 Nov 10 2007, 09:46:58 AM
Absolutely not. This effects a lot more people then this uninion. They dont care ablout the city that they work in so why should I care about them. .this will effect restaraunts, taxis,stores. It would even put a members of their own union out of jobs after the strike. I hope the city brings up a lawsuit like they did with the taxi strike.
re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
 Nov 10 2007, 09:34:26 AM
But wouldnt all union members strike? I thought the little mermaid was in a theater with its own contract but would be effected because the members of the union would strike anyway?
re: Ticket cancellation info
 Nov 10 2007, 09:21:59 AM
Ticketmaster has no info yet and they still list the shows as going on. So they couldnt refund my money yet.

I cant get a sgtraight answer from anywhere on if the little mermaid will be cancelled today. this is very annoying.

re: Who is REALLY affected by the strike? Oh, those POOR tourists!
 Nov 10 2007, 09:17:55 AM
The strike affects more then just tourists. It will effect all the restaraunts in the area. It will also effect alot of the stores and the taxis too. This strike effects all of manhattan. Not just tourists.
re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
 Nov 10 2007, 08:21:12 AM
This strike accomplishes nothing. A lot of stagehands will comeback to no jobs because a lot of the less funded shows will not be able to survive the strike.

Also all of nyc will suffer. A lot of restaraunts will lose a lot of money because of the strike.

Why strike if half the people in the strike will comeback to no jobs. Would that be worse for your union members?

re: STRIKE TOMORROW
 Nov 10 2007, 12:22:55 AM
I have the little mermaid tickets at 2pm . Will I get a refund?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You