pixeltracker

Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...

Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#1Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:19am

"yes they're being treated so unfairly by not being able to sandbag producers for paying people to sit around and do nothing."

a real quality human being there.

If you hate theatre professionsals so much, why even attend the threatre? It's clear you have absolute contempt for anyone involved in the process. It makes me wonder what you're doing HERE, on this site, dedicated to theatre.

So cooper, are the members of the WGA also sandbagging producers? Ar they commiting some unforgivable act by demanding compensation for the use of their services ona new medium?? Updated On: 11/10/07 at 07:19 AM

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#2re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:42am

the WGA are demanding percentages for a medium that as yet is not profit generating.

and much ado from someone that can't even support themself junior.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 07:42 AM

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#2re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:43am

precisely what does my finnancial status have to do with your utter contempt for theatre professionals and union members in general?

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#3re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:46am

I have no contempt for theatre professionals. Just because someone is union makes them neither professional nor competent.

I have stage managed many a musical in my life with "union" orchestra members that were by far some of the most ill-prepared, unprofessional and downright untalented people on the planet.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

BROADWAYFAN3
#4re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:48am

how can a union demand, that shows hire people when there is no job for that person to do - or that they be paid longer hours then they actually work -- this is why most shows lose money

Bwayfan4
#5re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...

So basically you are making some generalizations about an entire group of people based on your prior experiences with a small group of people?

Updated On: 11/10/07 at 07:48 AM

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#6re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...

so because you had a couple of bad experiences that means all union members are stupid, unprepared and unprofessional?

Congratulations on being a dumbass.

when will your philistine cult be holding its mass suicide? cause I'd love be there to set fire to your corpse and then try and piss the flames away.
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 07:48 AM

One NYC StageHand
#7re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:50am

"but there came a time when I decided it was a good thing to not have to sleep on friends couches or in my car and regular meals actually were healthy. And it was also nice to be able to have health insurance and to be able to save for my golden years."

So I guess you were a really bad, non-union stage manger. Did you every think about teaching?

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#8re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:55am

you seriously need psychological help and meds.

you claim to be a professional artist that would sacrifice everything for principles, yet like most "artists"have no idea how things work in this business in the real world. Good luck to you in ever having a career beyond Starbucks barrista or Walmart greeter.

Bwayfan4
#9re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:02am

Updated On: 11/10/07 at 08:02 AM

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
brainlessorwise
#10re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:07am

I hope the two of you aren't the ones negotiating or we might as well turn Broadway theaters into Disney theme park rides now. Maybe this should be taken to PM's.

majortom1981
#11re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:21am

This strike accomplishes nothing. A lot of stagehands will comeback to no jobs because a lot of the less funded shows will not be able to survive the strike.

Also all of nyc will suffer. A lot of restaraunts will lose a lot of money because of the strike.

Why strike if half the people in the strike will comeback to no jobs. Would that be worse for your union members?

nygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
#12re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:39am

Like or not, the unions are needed. And people need to negotiate and renegotiate their contracts. Believe me, without this aspect, the powers that be WILL abuse, exploit and neglect the safety of workers.

DoranC
#13re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:53am

"or we might as well turn Broadway theaters into Disney theme park rides now."

I think a few of them are already. re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...

NYC2
#14re: Cooperross on the members of the LOCAL 1...
Posted: 11/10/07 at 10:22am

UNions like this are not needed, you cannot demand that people be paid for work that is not done. With today's technology, you cannot say, we need 15 stagehands on this crew when most of the work is done now by pressing a button on a computer, yes, this is how much of it is done now, but they won't tell you this. In all aspects of our country everyone has seen downsizing due to technology and this business is no different. It is time for the Producer's to stand strong. The problem is, Local One has too many Politician's in their pocket, as do most unions!!!

Videos