pixeltracker

So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!

So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#1So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 6:44am

There's a STRIKE !!

For those striking.. Good luck and I wish they resolved this ASAP bec. some other shows specially plays are strugging in the boxoffice already...

I wish August:Osage County survives the strike ( so with other plays like The Seafarer ..so on)

BTW : I was told yesterday that ALL affected TDF Tickets purchased for TODAY SHOWS will be automaticallly refunded to your credit card.

TDF-212-2210013

frogs & bwyafan- ) I got your pms' .. thanks for the heads up this morning !

J*

Updated On: 11/10/07 at 06:44 AM

Bwayfan4
#2re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 6:47am

You're welcome jaystarr...

Hopefully an agreement that benefits all parties involved can be reached sooner rather than later. Updated On: 11/10/07 at 06:47 AM

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#2re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:05am

or.....you could always see a show NOT affected by the strike..as a f-you to the union asses.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#3re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:10am

how is seeing a show not affected by the strike an f-you to anyone? If it's not affected by the strike, seeing it is of no affect to the strikers.

god you're ****ing twat.

Bwayfan4
#4re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:12am

I could...but

1) I don't live THAT close

2) I'm trying to stick to some sort of budget when it comes to shows (I bought these tickets over a month ago, so they're paid for)

3) I don't think unions are necessarily a bad thing (as you are suggesting).

(Sidenote: I haven't read up on all of the demands of the union, but obviously they feel as though they are being treated unfairly and want the situation rectified. I don't see a problem with this idea.)

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#5re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:15am

yes they're being treated so unfairly by not being able to sandbag producers for paying people to sit around and do nothing.

-Politics is like driving. To go backward, put it in R. To go forward, put it in D.

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#6re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:17am

and the true colors finally come out.

you hate unions, and thats clear. Did they not accept you? I'm sorry that no one wanted you around, that must have been tough, really hurt your self esteem. want a hug?

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#7re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:17am

"how is seeing a show not affected by the strike an f-you to anyone? "

because it says screw your ridiculous demands..there are other options.

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#8re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:20am

thats like saying me going to see American Gangster today is an F-You to the WGA, which is clearly false. but you're stupid, so i guess i can't be suprised you'd make a claim like that.

cooperross Profile Photo
cooperross
#9re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:49am

I'm stupid..that's why I have worked in the business as a career for almost 30 years..

I know of what I speak..

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#10re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 7:53am

Many a stupid person has held a job for an extended period of time. Hell, even Dubya's been the president longer than most.

Tom cruise has been in show biz for 30 years.

Long time employment =/= intelligent.

Bwayfan4
#11re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:03am

Agreed, liverpool.

(Dubya's "nucular" drives me crazy!)

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#12re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:32am

jaystarr hopefully this is resolved soon.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#13re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 8:36am

I hope so... Let's hope for the best for everyone re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!

I am still hoping I will get a chance to see August : Osage County, The Little Mermaid & Rock N Roll by the end of this year.

J*

Updated On: 11/10/07 at 08:36 AM

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#14re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:20am

JayStarr - "The Little Mermaid" will play regardless because shows produced by non-profit organizations or in theaters owned by non-League members would not be affected.
Thank the Gods a few shows will still be playing, including our fave "Xanadu".
But here's hoping for a speedy end to this nasty strike. It affects the city in so many ways.

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 09:20 AM

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#15re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:26am

"it affects our city in so many ways" ---- agreed!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#16re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:27am

Jeffrey- I think the TLM is included.

per playbill :

Most Broadway productions will be affected by the strike; that is, the shows will not go on for August: Osage County, Avenue Q, A Bronx Tale, Chicago, A Chorus Line, The Color Purple, Curtains, Cyrano de Bergerac, Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Drowsy Chaperone, The Farnsworth Invention, Grease, Hairspray, Is He Dead?, Jersey Boys, Legally Blonde, Les Miserables, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid,Mamma Mia!, Spamalot, The Phantom of the Opera, Rent, Rock 'n' Roll, The Seafarer, Spring Awakening, and Wicked.

Basically all the shows I wanted to see by the end of the year. I also saw a posting on WICKED- and yes.. its will be affected too.

J*

Updated On: 11/10/07 at 09:27 AM

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#17re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:32am

Wow - You're right. I thought Disney shows were not affected. My mistake.

The eight Broadway shows that will not be affected by the strike, as they are playing in theaters with separate Local One contracts are "Young Frankenstein," "Mary Poppins," "Xanadu," "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," "Mauritius," "Pygmalion," "The Ritz" and "Cymbeline."

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 09:32 AM

majortom1981
#18re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 9:34am

But wouldnt all union members strike? I thought the little mermaid was in a theater with its own contract but would be effected because the members of the union would strike anyway?

vinnylin Profile Photo
vinnylin
#19re: So I guess..I am not going to NYC today!!
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:53pm

The Little Mermaid is at the Lunt-Fontanne which is a Nederlander house. All Nederlander theatres are affected by the strike. All the news reports have been consistent in listing TLM as one of the shows that is shut down.

The only Disney produced show playing at an independent theatre is Mary Poppins, which is at the New Amsterdam, and which is therefore continuing performances. Both Little Mermaid and Lion King are shut down by the strike.

"This is wanting something, this is reaching for it, This is wishing that a moment would arrive. This is taking chances, this is almost touching, what the beauty is." --The Light in the Piazza
Updated On: 11/10/07 at 01:53 PM

Videos