News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sn2214

Member Name: sn2214
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Toxic Avenger Seating
 Aug 20 2009, 10:39:11 AM
Unless you wanna see actors up close and be amused by the detail of Toxic's make up or something, you are much bettter off sitting in row G as others already mentioned. I sat in row C (116) and it was way too close and my view was obstructed by a drum.
re: Shows carried primarily by one actor
 Aug 9 2009, 09:41:44 AM
Sunday in The Park With George comes to my mind. George only leaves during "No Life," "Gossip," and "Everybody Loves Louis." I thought he left during "The One on The Left" too but Daniel Evans is included in the artist credits somehow....

re: West Side Story Movie with new broadway cast?
 Aug 3 2009, 03:31:25 PM
Matt Cavenaugh would have to put on a deaging CG make up, Curious Case of Bejnjamin Button style.
re: Caucasian to Asian makeup tips?
 Jul 29 2009, 02:37:09 AM
I do remember that 2002 revival of Flower Drum Song didn't have all Chinese cast, but I don't think any actors try to imitate Chinese accent or try to look Chinese. As for "Memoirs of Geisha," casts were speaking in English for some reason and it was such a campy film that the makers really didn't have to try so hard to be politically correct or even historically correct. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as long as characters' ethnicity is not a central point of the show, actors need not t
Shows to see before you call yourself a critic?
 Jul 14 2009, 12:50:23 PM
I just found this few months old article from Times on another forum and it really made me wonder. In this article, Richard Zoglin admits that he's never seen WSS on stage nor on film until recently. I know that you can't go back to the past and see the original WSS on stage but I've assumed that anyone who call themselves a theater critic would have seen the film version of WSS. So I gotta ask, what do you think are the definitive musicals that you have to see before you call yourself a critic?
re: Jewel, Karen Olivo, John Tartaglia, et al. Set for NBC Broadcast of Mac
 Jul 3 2009, 11:45:21 AM
I wonder what will happen to WSS on July 4th evening performance. Will their section be pre-recorded? I got matinee tickets for WSS that day so I'm a bit worried about missing Karen Olivo!!

re: Ashanti to Star in NY City Center Encores! THE WIZ
 Apr 29 2009, 02:21:48 PM
Damn I always wanted AI's Melinda Doolittle to do her rendition of "Home" again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNWu76bwCRo

re: Ashanti to Star in NY City Center Encores! THE WIZ
 Apr 29 2009, 02:21:26 PM
Damn I always wanted AI's Melinda Doolittle to do her rendition of "Home" again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNWu76bwCRo

re: Expensive Restaurant Near Theater District
 Mar 29 2009, 06:53:21 PM
This link might help.
http://gonyc.about.com/od/restaurants/tp/most_expensive.htm
Masa is the most expensive one (around $300-500....)

re: SHREK Reviews
 Dec 16 2008, 01:06:03 AM
"So there haven't been any significant changes throughout the preview process on Broadway, right? It seems like they tweaked a few things, but no songs were cut or added and no scenery, costumes, scenes either, right?"

Well, Sutton Foster changed her name to Susan Foster and something about mices.....

re: WSS rehearsal shots
 Dec 12 2008, 12:35:32 AM
I may be banned from this site for saying this but you can clearly see the trace of one of the guy's private part in one of the rehearsal shots. couldn't just take my eyes off of it....
re: Broadway Musicals on Blu-ray
 Dec 3 2008, 11:37:46 PM
In 2009, you'll be able to get
Repo! The Genetic Opera (Jan. 20)
Rent (Live, Feb. 03)

Wizard of Oz is also listed as release date pending....

re: Shrek...the musical that goes nowhere
 Nov 16 2008, 01:48:02 AM
I was there too tonight (Sat. Night) and sadly I have to agree with adamgreer. Best songs were mediocre at best and no song was memorable enough. Stage and sets couldn't be anymore tedious and uninspired. Shrek and Donkey didn't even look like they formed genuine friendship, they were just walking around stage together. I guess I expected much funnier, more creative, clever show than this mess....

And who thought that it would be a good idea to have sentimental whiny self-pitying Shrek?

re: Brittney Spears and Broadway? OH NO!
 Oct 7 2008, 02:08:35 AM
If Melanie Griffith can play Roxie, anyone can...
re: MTV releasing Legally Blonde DVD??
 Oct 6 2008, 04:06:45 PM
Someone posted this link in another thread.

http://www.playbill.com/features/article/120643.html

I guess now that the show will close soon, DVD could be released?

Hilarious Comments...
 Jul 9 2008, 11:10:25 PM
It's not exactly a comment but at the second to last show of Sunday in the Park with George, during curtain call, a man sitting behind me had a multiple orgasm.

I heard "Oh Yes!!", "Oh my god" and "OoH!!" repeatedly. I guess it was a great one.

re: Sunday in the Park with George- is it worth seeing?
 Jun 25 2008, 07:51:57 PM
I'm determined to see this but I cannot decide if I should see this on Saturday evening or Sunday. There are great seats left for Saturday but Sunday is the last show!! On Sunday best available seats seem to be the one on Mid Mezz. I might take Sat tix for the sake of the view but I still wanna see the final show....
re: Is the Little Mermaid a splash, or a fish out of watery flop?
 Jan 21 2008, 03:50:07 PM
I saw it on 17th and I liked it only because of casts, especially Sierra, Norm and Sherie.

Costumes are just beyond awful. A lady sitting behind me thought that Ursula was a starfish. I was distracted by Sebastian's four eyes, electric dinosaur, and sesame street costumes.

Rob--Your going to spoil us rotten if you keep this kinda thing up!
 Nov 24 2007, 02:39:28 AM
First post on the First Thread!!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You