SHREK Reviews

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#1SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:05am

Hey All -

Today is Sunday, December 14th. OPENING NIGHT for Dreamworks' first venture into the realm of theatrical splendor. Let's wish this one well - cast, crew, and the like. Positive thoughts, vibes and energy sent to the Broadway on this night. My best to all involved!

To any and all attending, or anyone with access to online resources, please post REVIEWS here. Thank you.

Best,
- Mike SHREK Reviews
Updated On: 12/14/08 at 03:05 AM

jagfkb
#2re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 10:43am

Congratulations to the cast and crew for an amazing job so far, and hopefully this will be the bright new musical which will refuel Broadway's economy!

PiraguaGuy2
#2re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 11:06am

Or should you say, a big, bright, beautiful musical.

Good luck to everyone over at the Broadway Theatre!

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#3re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 11:31am

Looks likely that I'll be there tonight and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it again. Im sure its looking great now. In previews 4 weeks ago there were a few things that Im sure they have given some attention to and its now more than ready for the critics. Its a great big fun show and should be seen that way.
Fingers crossed!
Updated On: 12/14/08 at 11:31 AM

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#4re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 11:48am

I am quite interested to see how critics react to this, as reaction on these boards has been so across-the-board. I have a feeling reviews will be as well.

Here's hoping everyone well at the Broadway theater tonight!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#5re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 1:36pm

Best of luck to everyone involved. Break a leg!

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#6re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 1:38pm

Good luck Shrek.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#7re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 1:51pm

I'll be there tonight, and I'm extremely excited!

Break a leg, cast and crew!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#8re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 1:57pm

OUCH!
"More suited for the skating rink at Rockefeller Center than a Broadway stage."

PEACE.

PiraguaGuy2
#9re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 2:00pm

Where did that come from?

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#10re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 2:00pm

SueleenGay, where is that quote from?

Mattbrain
#11re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 2:18pm

Yes, where is that quote from.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Robert Taylor
#12re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 2:44pm

A google search of the phrase and Shrek brings up nothing but this thread...so I'm curious to know where as well. Updated On: 12/14/08 at 02:44 PM

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#13re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 2:53pm

I think Sue pulled it out of her a**.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

Mattbrain
#14re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:09pm

That may be the case. I'm just hoping this show does well is all.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#15re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:14pm

Good luck to all involved in this production! If only I could afford the trip to NY to see this show... I'll just have to wait for the cast recording.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Mattbrain
#16re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:27pm

Here here!

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#17re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:29pm

We caught you red-handed Sue!!! You'll never post a message in this town again.

Robert Taylor
#18re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 3:31pm

If she did make it up...what a chit move, it's like TooDarnHot all over again.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#19re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:20pm

Best of luck to everyone in SHREK! <3

I so badly wish I could be there. I saw this show it's third week in previews and I LOVED it!! I can feel the RAVE reviews! *fingers crossed*

Also, I'd like to point out that MARISSA O’DONNELL (age 14), LEAH GREENHAUS (age 7 / 8 ), RACHEL RESHEFF (age 7 / 8 ), ADAM RIEGLER (age 8 / 9), RYAN DUNCAN, HEATHER JANE ROLFF and DAVID F.M. VAUGHN are all making their BROADWAY DEBUTS tonight!!! <3 <3 This night will be EXTRA speical to them! re: SHREK Reviews

Updated On: 12/14/08 at 04:20 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#20re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:24pm

I'm going tonight and am excited to see it. Break a leg to everyone involved!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#21re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:50pm

Do you guys also think that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#22re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:50pm

I smell a happy ending.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

PiraguaGuy2
#23re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 5:00pm

Yes, I bet that Broadway will be a "Big Bright Beautiful World" after this show "Makes a Move" on Broadway! Everybody who first asked "What's Up, Duloc" will become a "Morning Person" after they discover "Who I'd Be" after hearing "The Ballad of Farquaad"! "I Think I Got You Beat", Billy Elliot, because on Tony night, everyone involved with the show will learn that "This Is How a Dream Comes True"! Afterwards, they'll be eating "Donkey Pot Pie", waving their "Freak Flag", and singing a "Travel Song" in celebration! "I Know It's Today" that Broadway will be changed forever!

Whew. That was exhausting.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#24re: SHREK Reviews
Posted: 12/14/08 at 5:04pm

I think the show has its merits, but you guys are fooling yourselves if you think reviews are going to be across the board raves. This is the type of theatre certain critics gun for. While it may not be all pans, it's not going to be a bed of roses later tonight.

Videos