News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thelastmidnight

thelastmidnight Profile Photo
Member Name: thelastmidnight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Songs that sets the 'mood'
 Aug 19 2008, 11:49:16 AM
Anything from Let My People Come
Let's Misbehave - Anything Goes
Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love - Paris
Amazing Penetration and I Can Show You a Thing or Two from Weird Romance

re: When is Broadway the busiest?
 Aug 19 2008, 10:05:13 AM
"I'm specifically wondering about Christmas time - is it harder to get tickets around then? Are rush tickets more popular then compared to the spring/fall/summer?"

It depends on what shows you see. In fact, for the majority of shows I've seen during this time period, you can saunter over to the box office 15 minutes before curtain and you'd still be able to get a rush ticket.

re: What should I see? Please Help
 Aug 18 2008, 02:29:55 PM
You should definitely consider August and Gypsy.

I haven't seen 39 Steps yet, but it's on the top of my list of shows I'm seeing the next time I go to New York.

re: Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?
 Aug 18 2008, 02:19:21 PM
Maybe the guy was upset because he was expecting to hear a "thank you", but didn't.

Or, he could have been crying because he didn't expect her to say more than just a passing "thank you" to him. It probably touched him that she would take the time tell him how it really was (though I also agree that a "thank you" in addition to all that would have been better).

Since we don't know what her tone of voice was and what his thoughts are, anything is possible. Personally, I don

re: What are your top three worst shows ever (that everyone else seemed to
 Aug 18 2008, 01:30:27 PM
Les Miserables
Sunday in the Park with George
Spring Awakening

re: How are you able to afford Broadway shows?
 Jul 6 2008, 08:38:43 PM
It's very possible to not be super rich and see a lot of Broadway shows, as it depends on whether or not you're a seat snob and how flexible you're willing to be with your show schedule. If you are absolutely intent on seeing a specific show in the front center orchestra on a specific date, then you're going to end up with a thin wallet. But if you're willing to change your plans according to discount code, rush, and lottery availability, then you can see shows for as little as $15.

re: Jersey Boys SRO?
 Jul 4 2008, 06:50:05 AM
I did SRO in March. I got there an hour before they started selling the tickets, and there were already four people ahead of me.
re: Things you never realised and now feel dumb about.
 Jul 3 2008, 10:33:17 PM
For the longest time, I thought Sondheim wrote Wicked.

Yes, I really did. I have a good excuse for it, though. Back then, I knew little about musical theatre, so it was easy for me to confuse people by their names. Of course, I know better now - considering how Sondheim and Schwartz have completely different styles, it's impossible to not tell them apart.

re: I feel very shunned from my friends for loving Broadway.
 Jun 29 2008, 07:34:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. It's hard to believe that people can be so cruel about what kind of music others listen to. I'm glad that you were able to get yourself away from them, and I hope that things are working out better for you. Continue doing what you love, and if people don't like you for that, it's their problem and they're not worth your time.
re: What is the musical that just makes you cry?
 Jun 29 2008, 07:16:36 PM
Grey Gardens

A Chorus Line - I used to hear the song "One" a lot before I became interested in musicals, and thought it was a happy song. It's amazing how a song can take on a whole different meaning when you listen to it in the context of the show.

Cabaret - See above description and apply it to the title song.

re: New York Trip Aug 21-15th
 Jun 20 2008, 12:53:26 AM
TKTS sells tickets anywhere from 25% to 50% off the face value. I'm not sure if it's true for all shows, but every time I've been there, they only sell the orchestra seats for Broadway shows. So that's up to $60 off. However, you can't pick and choose. You have to take whatever seats they give you, and that means it could be a partial-view.

I've scored a lot of pretty good deals for off-Broadway shows there, but for Broadway shows, I prefer to use student rush and discount codes.
re: So...how are nosebleed seats really?
 Jun 19 2008, 04:56:33 PM
"How about the August Wilson theatre?
I believe I am going to try to see Jersey Boys sometime in July, and doubt ill find affordable orch seats."

I doubt you'll be able to find seats of any kind right now for Jersey Boys in July. I recommend doing standing room. It's only $27. Just get to the box office at least an hour before they sell the tickets.

re: So...how are nosebleed seats really?
 Jun 19 2008, 01:08:56 AM
In general, the rear mezzanine is fine. Of course it's not ideal, but it's not THAT far away from the stage and you do get a good view of the stage. About the front mezzanine, it's actually better than the orchestra sometimes. If I had a choice between a seat in the front mezzanine and one that's in the orchestra beyond the tenth row, I'd take the front mezzanine one.
re: 1996 Tonys and Rent
 Jun 17 2008, 06:38:46 PM
Never mind, musicalmaster beat me to it.

re: What Show Will Announce Its Closing?
 Jun 16 2008, 02:38:10 PM
"I'm hoping A Catered Affair will close by the end of next month. I have tickets to see it and want to see Gypsy instead."

So go buy a ticket to see Gypsy if you want to see it. What's wrong with seeing both shows? There's no reason to bash A Catered Affair just because you regret buying a ticket for it. Sell it to someone else, or just suck it up and go see it.

re: Over at ATC....
 Jun 16 2008, 12:18:53 AM
I thought it was cute, and it's good to see that he's having a good time. Nothing wrong with that.
re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
 Jun 15 2008, 05:11:19 PM
Wow, was this it? Spring Awakening must have been a little too desperate for attention.
re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway
 Jun 15 2008, 10:16:53 AM
What got me hooked onto Broadway was actually an off-Broadway show. My fourth grade music teacher made us sing songs from musicals a lot, and I loved all of them. But the song that really stuck with me was Try to Remember from The Fantasticks. I kind of forgot about this and all other musicals for a while, until about 7th grade. That's when I suddenly remembered how much I loved that song, so I ended up downloading it and the rest of the cast recording. From then on, my obsession with theatre be
re: has a Tony scorecard been posted yet?
 Jun 13 2008, 03:48:47 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You