Drew Lachey

mylove4RENT
#0Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 3:55pm

I am so glad that i was able to see Drew Lachey's performance in Rent last winter. I thought he did such a great job!! Did anyone see him in Dancing With The Stars last Thursday?! He did a fantastic job. Show Drew support and VOTE for him to win Dancing With The Stars!!! This guy is crazy talented!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 4:10pm

i love him...he is a great guy and a great performer!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 4:18pm

I didn't know he was on Dancing With the Stars. Too bad it's on Thursdays, other wise I could watch. I have to say, he was much better in RENT than I expected.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

SomethingWicked2
#3re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 9:50pm

I've read these boards for a long time now but never subscribed. But when I saw the link for Drew, I had to sign on and support him. He was incredible on "Dancing with the Stars." If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was a professional ballroom dancer. He's obviously put a lot of work into it. And I actually saw him in Rent as well. He's very talented. I hope he continues on in DwtS. He's far more entertaining to watch than the others.

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#4re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 9:51pm

I love that man

SingingStar Profile Photo
SingingStar
#5re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:03pm

I thought Drew was amazing in RENT! I was so happy to see him on Dancing With The Stars last week! He will dance circles around the rest. This guy just does it all. I was not able to vote last week, but i will totally support him from here on out!!! DREW-- IF YOU CAN HEAR ME... YOU HAVE MY VOTE!!!

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:36pm

I thought he was surprisingly fantastic in RENT.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#7re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/9/06 at 10:56pm

I wish Drew and his handsome brother Nick all BIG successes now that they are FREE from that Simpson Clan... Those Simpson's are Peculiar!!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

SingingStar Profile Photo
SingingStar
#8re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 1:27pm

Peculiar? Yes. Although one or two other words come to mind...

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#9re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:00pm

Wow... I must have missed something. When I saw Drew in RENT (September 2004), he was awful. Couldn't sing, couldn't act, pretty much just read the lines. Mark became a very dull character.

Then, and this has nothing to do with his performance, but after the show, there were lots of people waiting outside to meet him. After they had been there about 30 minutes (I was getting other autographs at the time) some man came out and said Drew had left but no one knew where he had gone to. Not very nice in my opinion.

Sorry if I'm rocking the boat or whatever the saying is.

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

Bohemian1232 Profile Photo
Bohemian1232
#10re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:21pm

I didn't really like him as Mark.

"Nothing's lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we've left behind, and dreaming ahead."

Wayman_Wong
#11re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:27pm

Well, for those of you who ARE fans of Drew Lachey, here's an interview we did only about a year ago for Playbill.com.
Playbilll.com: 'The Leading Men' - Drew Lachey

renthead112305 Profile Photo
renthead112305
#12re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 3:55pm

I thought he was fantasic in RENT, i also met him after the show and he was very kind. I also saw him in Dancing with the Stars and was blown away. I loved it and i love him!

"Grief does not expire like a candle or the beacon on a lighthouse. It simply changes temperature."

SomethingWicked2
#13re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 4:21pm

I saw RENT in March 2005 and Drew was phenomenal. And I think he stayed afterward taking pictures with the fans longer than anyone in the cast. So maybe you caught him on a bad day. Or he caught you on one. But he was really good in the performance I watched.
Updated On: 1/11/06 at 04:21 PM

minimel8817 Profile Photo
minimel8817
#14re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:37pm

Updated On: 1/12/06 at 05:37 PM

Cenoern
#15re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:45pm

Drew was hands-down the worst mark I've ever seen in my entire life. Eew.

And I've seen Kobak AND Hanlon do it...

chealion313
#16re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:47pm

When I had first seen Drew in October, I thought he was awful--he had a terrible lisp that really bothered me. By the last time I had seen him in January, he had improved so much overall that I'd much rather look at him as Mark anyday than what's on the stage now.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#17re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:48pm

After they had been there about 30 minutes (I was getting other autographs at the time) some man came out and said Drew had left but no one knew where he had gone to. Not very nice in my opinion.

Not to start the age-old debate all over again, but he wasn't obligated to come out and sign. And what's the big deal if nobody knew where he went? Maybe he just left.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

SomethingWicked2
#18re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 5:59pm

"I really hate when former pop stars with nothing better to do join broadway shows."

Wow. That's really jaded. But I guarantee that nobody gets on Broadway by joining because they have nothing better to do. It's not a high school musical. They get there because they're talented and earned the right to be there.
Updated On: 1/11/06 at 05:59 PM

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#19re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 6:04pm

Eek. I try and keep the memory of Drew as Mark as far in the back of my mind as possible. He had the emotion of someone reading poorly off a cue card. And the nasal quality of singing killed me.

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

muscle23ftl
#20re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/11/06 at 7:51pm

"Wow. That's really jaded. But I guarantee that nobody gets on Broadway by joining because they have nothing better to do. It's not a high school musical. They get there because they're talented and earned the right to be there".
I agree...some popstars have been amazing on Broadway and they don't just cast anyone because they are famous.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

wicked1
#21re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/12/06 at 9:53am

I didn't love him as Mark! I can't explain it, but his performance did nothing for me. I did love him on Dancing with the Stars though!!! He was much better than anyone else! I hope he wins!

elphieisperky
#22re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 1/12/06 at 1:52pm

I really, really liked Drew as Mark. I like Matt a little better though, but Drew is still my love, and he's great on DWTS!

muscle23ftl
#23re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 11/19/06 at 2:25am

Kinda random, but I found this really great interview with Drew on playbill.com

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/89351.html

neddyfrank2
#24re: Drew Lachey
Posted: 11/19/06 at 7:38pm

I thought he was great in RENT

Videos