Inherit the Wind rush?

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#1Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:13am

Does anyone know if there is a rush policy for Inherit the Wind? I just realized there are no cheap seats on Fridays and Saturdays!

Thanks!

"My friends have made the story of my life." -Helen Keller

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:18am

I believe that the on-stage seating is their only version of rush. Tickets are $36.25 each, available in advance online or at the box office.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#2re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:24am

I was afraid someone would say that. There aren't any available for when I'm coming to the city. I am going to have to figure out if I am willing to spend around $60. I desperately want to see Christopher Plummer in anything I can, though!

Thank you.

Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:29am

Millie42, I don't know how many tickets you're looking for, but the reason why no on-stage tickets are coming up in your search could be if you are looking for more than one. You should try searching for single seats if you need more than one. Because the way it's set up is, if you search for two on-stage seats and there aren't any available that are next to one another, it will simply display that no tickets are available in that section.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#4re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 11:51am

Just 1. re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Popular weekend, I guess.

daredevil
#5re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 1:28pm

The theater has a second balcony,and it is scary to think they would charge $60.00 for those seats. Sometimes, producers and theaters change their policy after the play opens, based on how they are selling tickets. It might be a good idea to wait until just before (or a little before) you go, and check again. Also, I think this theater sells standing room, so that is a possibilty. With so many shows on Broadway now, producers create ticket strategies as the run progresses. You might luck out by waiting.

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#6re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 2:45pm

The problem is I am going before Opening night, and at the moment there is no rush/SRO policy in place.
What a tough decision.

WOSQ
#7re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 2:51pm

There is nowhere to stand at the Lyceum; ergo, no standing room.

I have heard through a grapevine or two that the on-stage seats are available only at the box office after that pre-sale highlight.

Your best bet is to call Tele-charge and ask the agent who answers. Tele-charge has all the answers. Well, most of them.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#8re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 7:16pm

Hi Millie,

They were selling the $26 balcony seats for Fri-Sun shows when the tix first went on sale, but then they changed the pricing--

the same seats are now $51 on the weekends- !!

I managed to get a $26 tic for a Fri in May--- I see you wanted to go prior to the opening- What dates were you looking at?

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#9re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 7:48pm

I was thinking about taking advantage of the long Easter weekend.

I've actually never seen a straight play on Bway before, and I am sure this would be a good one... I just wish it wasn't a matter of price!

Testing1232
#10re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:00pm

<< I have heard through a grapevine or two that the on-stage seats are available only at the box office after that pre-sale highlight.
>>

I believe the "public" sale began 3/4, and you can purchase "stage" seating on-line as well.

Millie42 Profile Photo
Millie42
#11re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:04pm

The info I've found said that on-stage seating would be available starting 3/4 at the box office or through telecharge, and it's not showing up on telecharge so I assumed those were sold out.
I wish I would have decided to do this a couple days ago!

Testing1232
#12re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:14pm

Looks like the 1st "stage" seat available on a Fri-Sun is now
on 4/27

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#13re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 8:44pm

I wonder how the stage seating is...

Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/18/07 at 10:25am

Use this discount code for $26.25 balcony seats at ALL performances:

VISIT BroadwayOffers.com and use code IHBNS66.

-Kad

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#15re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/18/07 at 10:29am

Broadway Offers is saying that that code is invalid.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Testing1232
#16re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 3/18/07 at 10:46am

It works... I got tix for Sat nite, 3/31- Thanks for the code !!

Center Balc, Aisle...

noahrp3
#17re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 10:56am

How are the balcony seats at this theatre? I know its a straight play and not a big splashy musical and I don't want anything to be lost on me.

Testing1232
#18re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 4/7/07 at 12:38pm

Balcony seats are fine. You wont have any sightline problems

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#19re: Inherit the Wind rush?
Posted: 6/24/07 at 12:43pm

Is there still no definite rush policy for the show? Has anyone rushed it?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.