News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for twitchy+bitchy+manic

twitchy+bitchy+manic Profile Photo
Member Name: twitchy+bitchy+manic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'One Shining Moment': the JFK Musical (1983). Anyone see it?
 Aug 5 2009, 08:25:51 PM
I've got a copy of another JFK musical, a German one called JFK the rock opera, written in English, albeit with terrible lyrics and a very strange marilyn monroe plot. has anyone else heard / heard of it?
re: The Official 'What Do These Lyrics Mean?' Thread
 May 10 2009, 12:43:00 PM
you mean it's not about a super-powered child with a song in his heart who can bring around a romantic-style revival of nature where the entire world will be covered with waving corns and horses getting their freak on? damn, that changes the entire meaning of the show for me now...
 May 10 2009, 12:29:10 PM
I, for one, think that the spring awakening lyrics make total sense. I know that not a day goes by where I don't fondle the pearl of my distant dreams. don't you guys fondle the pearls of your distant dreams too?

I'm seriously looking forward to the release of the German language cast recording later this month...I wanna see if the lyrics make anymore sense in another language. :P

May 10 2009, 04:41:04 AM
I think it's a rather confusing reference to that which turns your palms hairy and turns you blind.
re: Comfort Recordings
 Mar 2 2009, 05:19:16 PM
I don't know why, but whenever I'm in a sad mood I listen to the SITPWG OBCR, especially 'Beautiful', 'where am I going' from sweet charity, 'not a day goes by' from Merrily, 'cabaret' from the paris recording or 'lot's wife' from Caroline, or change. Probably not the best choices. :P

Songs that always make me go crazy and giddy...there's a lot. :s Story of Lucy and Jessie, Ah, But Underneath, Salty Teardrops, After You've Gone from 'All That Jazz', Evil Woman and I'm Alive from Xanadu,

re: Sunday Projections w/ Understudies?
 Mar 2 2009, 11:21:31 AM
A little pedantic, I know, but SITPWG wasn't a donmar production, it was the menier chocolate factory, another small london fringe theatre. I kinda think of it as the donmar for musicals (although both of the two do both plays and musical, and each one does both well, it's just the menier tends to do more musicals, and the donmar does more plays.)
[TOS] on the BBC Worldservice
 Jan 3 2009, 08:46:59 PM
If anyone's interested, Hunter and Jeff are being interviewed right now on the BBC world service and talking about getting title of show on broadway again, and it's part of a larger feature on broadway atm as a whole.
re: Piven goes from Broadway to Bankok
 Dec 27 2008, 06:50:02 PM
true, but Thailand is on the lookout ever since the Gary Glitter incident...
re: Piven goes from Broadway to Bankok
 Dec 27 2008, 06:41:44 PM
I don't really see how capitalization and the replacement of a single missing letter counts as being a proponent of the future of the English language. To be honest, there's a big difference between an orthographical pedant and being a 'protector of language'. Bangkok is, to some extent, an orthographically opaque word, and the rest of your complaints would have absolutely no discernible presence in speech, and unlike, say, a missing apostrophe when one wants to denote ownership, the faults woul
re: 'If you think you have a lot to atone for, you should meet the Westin f
 Oct 10 2008, 02:51:09 AM
Also, being atheist wouldn't have saved anyone from the holocaust. Lots of my relatives had Jewish blood in them, but were actually atheist and weren't practicing jews, but were still rounded up and killed. And if you really want to take up the whole argument about not having relatives in the holocaust and then only being atheist, she lost over 70 relatives, and she's atheist as they come. And to be honest, I think she's likely to know a lot more about it than you.
re: Bernadette Peters Gypsy cast recording
 Aug 25 2008, 07:02:54 AM
Is the Patti Lupone recording still not out over there? I just bought it yesterday over at dress circle, that musical theatre shop in London, but I guess they do sell CD's early sometimes. anyway, I like it a lot better to the bernadette peter's recording, especially the strip.
Kenita on Sunday!
 Aug 24 2008, 07:09:03 PM
oh...I'm sad I missed this by living in London. Bring Kenita over as clio/kira if it ever transfers! :P and Andre Ward as Melpomene! WORK!

But good for her getting second cover. woo!

re: Who's Going to Whoopi's First?
 Jul 29 2008, 10:36:21 PM
I just saw it today, was onstage seating, it was great fun! Whoopi was fun, she didn't know the choreographjy though, and andre kept on helping her through it during the dances. :P Winston, if you were onstage aswell, who were you?
re: Jessica Lee Goldyn: ACL Revival's Final Cassie?
 Jul 26 2008, 11:59:55 PM
I saw it on friday, but wish I had gotten the tickets for thursday instead, D'amboise was kinda...ugh. Probably didn't help that her main scene had the silly lopez reblocking. Also, the new Connie was great, but she seemed to be as tall as half of the men on the line! Made the four foot ten bit in H12 a bit strange. :P
re: Do You Ever Randomly Say A quote from a show during everyday life?
 Jun 14 2008, 07:39:55 PM
I find it very difficult upon hearing "you lied to me!" not to break out with "no, no not lied at all, no I never lied, said she took the poison, she did, never said that she died, poor thing, she lived, but it left her weak in the head, all she did for months was just lie there in bed" and so on. :P

Or I'll quote something from one hallowe'en. which no one will EVER get.

re: What Musical Should Be Doyle-ified?
 Jun 13 2008, 11:44:04 AM
I'm rooting for A Chorus Line. The "and suddenly I'm 17, and suddenly I'm 17...there's a lot, I am not, certain of" bit in H12H13Hlove would be great. :P
re: What the Heck...
 Jun 7 2008, 10:17:51 PM
he still looks better than Leigh Bowery's child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWV1vsHnJc

(SHOCK ENDING!) and totally related, by the way.

Also, these threads could do with some love tonight.

re: Does Drowsey Chaperone have any questionable material?
 May 27 2008, 05:26:44 PM
Which one?
re: New York in the 80's
 May 25 2008, 01:43:47 PM
the face of new york in the 1980's;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW1eXirdF1o

re: Today's Birthdays 5/26 - Happy Memorial Day Weekend
 May 24 2008, 03:50:26 AM
woo, may 26th is my birthday aswell! which means after monday, only one year till I'm 18 and can legally drink!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You