News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mmousefan

mmousefan Profile Photo
Member Name: mmousefan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.tuts.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Bailey Hanks, new Legally Blonde Costumes?
 Sep 9 2008, 05:11:16 PM
some of the tour promo pix have a really ugly BeDazzled printed pink-ish newsboy cap too.
re: Les Miserables national tour ?
 Sep 9 2008, 05:08:02 PM
agreed, Byron.
re: Les Miserables national tour ?
 Sep 9 2008, 03:19:19 PM
just to be clear, my understanding is that tour is actually Atlanta (TOTS), DC (Wolftrap) and Kansas City (Starlight). The version TUTS recently announced is not a tour, but a locally produced single engagement.
I like THESE pictures
 Mar 14 2008, 11:10:55 AM
is "jrb" actually Jerby or just a similar handle?
re: Brigadoon, Revised-Revival heading for Broadway....
 Mar 12 2008, 05:16:23 PM
The book does have its challenges (particularly the "Lundie one act" right toward the end of Act One, which bogs down the forward moving plot with a lot of exposition); I'd love to see what a talented playwright like Guare can do with it, particularly if it's based on original ideas the first time around that may have been removed.
re: 'Take Me Along' Revival?
 Mar 12 2008, 05:01:21 PM
I love Barzee and have only seen this show in community theatre. Charlotte Moore usually does a good job programming there...did she direct too? their AFTER THE BALL, for a dated period piece, was great...I THINK that's the one that combines WINDERMERE'S FAN and a Noel Coward score, anyway...

Wish I could get there. They use a challenging space very well usually.

re: Drowsey Chaperone Souvenir program
 Mar 12 2008, 01:00:19 PM
there is also available a great retro-pseudo LP of the show-within-the-show....but it's pricy....
re: Mary Beth Hurt Joins Cast of Churchill's Top Girls
 Mar 12 2008, 12:50:54 PM
Great actress. Great show. Wish I could see it.
Oh for christssakes...
 Mar 11 2008, 05:26:12 PM
Just read the "Mamma" (never "Mama Rose" in real life) chapter of Hadleigh's BROADWAY BABYLON. The fictional Rose, FLAUNT, and all you wannabe's See You Next Tuesdays have got to bow to the real thing, if the anecdotes are true. Nearly enough to make me want to read Gypsy's and June's books, but not QUITE.
re: Light in the Piazza Baseball Cap and other funny show gifts
 Mar 10 2008, 06:57:58 PM
part of the humor of a LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA ballcap is the irony...it's not intended to be funny, but it is. Sort of like a hypothetical MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA fannypack.
re: Gypsy at 52% !!!
 Mar 10 2008, 06:14:11 PM
it's hard to sell the aisle seats where La Lupone will not be striding by braying "Sing out Louise." The faithful want to be able to touch the hem of her robe.
re: Into the woods movie?
 Feb 28 2008, 04:20:18 PM
BDRISCH thanks for that. I had recalled reading/hearing about a possible animated version a while back....that post seems to dismiss that potential project (if the Sondheim quote is accurate).
re: Li'l Abner
 Feb 28 2008, 12:18:54 PM
did anyone see Goodspeed's recent version?!?! it IS a great score. Wish they had written more shows....
re: Ending of 'Annie'
 Feb 26 2008, 08:22:04 PM
they also produced GYPSY, JUDY GARLAND: ME AND MY SHADOWS, SERVING IN SILENCE and the films of HAIRSPRAY and CHICAGO (among others)....Neil Meron.

The duo is a class act.

re: Sarah Jessica Parker to star in BOEING BOEING
 Feb 26 2008, 05:49:27 PM
yeah, I've never seen Rylance live and he's kinda legendary. As for Sarah Jessica, I really wanted to see her in SYLVIA (for which the reviews were good), and MATTRESS (for which they weren't). I did see her in WONDER OF THE WORLD, but it wasn't very good...I think more the play than her performance. Can't recall what the general reaction was. Anyway, I'm sure she is worth seeing. Now if they would just put SQUARE PEGS (now out on DVD) on stage live....
re: Did Schwartz storm out of the Oscars after he lost?
 Feb 26 2008, 04:52:45 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply it didn't happen. I just sometimes wonder if the young writers I meet these days will eventually have a list of titles like Schwartz's, that's all. It's fun to conjecture a bit. Who composed the show he was consulting?
 Feb 26 2008, 04:12:40 PM
according to some Q and A's, he had a version of PIPPIN (then titled something else) working while he was in college, but didn't finish it until later. The other underrated score of his is RAGS, which has some lovely stuff in it. It's kind of hard to picture a college that had such an arts program, yet no practice rooms with available pianos...still, I can recall how fast those practice rooms got booked by the "serious" musicians.
 Feb 26 2008, 03:56:43 PM
wow, you knew him before college (he wrote GODSPELL just after undergrad, right?). How old are you, PUPPETMAN? are you still acting? that's cool!
re: Gotta love Loretta Devine
 Feb 26 2008, 02:37:36 PM
she is one of the main reasons to watch ELI STONE....though Eli himself is pretty easy on the eye. The whole series is REALLY well cast....(Victor Garber, anyone? Laura Benanti?)
re: Info on cut number from JEROME ROBBINS' BROADWAY
 Feb 26 2008, 01:42:55 PM
I also tend to confuse BILLION DOLLAR BABY with HIGH BUTTON SHOES for some reason....
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You