News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rowlinvale2

rowlinvale2 Profile Photo
Member Name: rowlinvale2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

American Idiot
 Aug 3 2009, 11:21:06 PM
I am so freaking stoked! And the casting looks so incredible, I can't get over it. I am so glad they're doing it here on the West Coast! Finally the bay area gets something amazing!
re: Extend Rent Tour
 Jun 16 2009, 07:57:55 PM
Well if Adam and Anthony don't stay with the tour until at least San Francisco (October), there are going to be some angry people since on SHNSF.com it says specifically "ADAM PASCAL and ANTHONY RAPP in RENT."
re: Wicked production future replacements?
 May 17 2009, 04:01:19 PM
Sorry to crush a dream Namo, but Kristen and Idina will have aged out of those roles long before ticket sales start dropping.
re: Billy Elliot in San Francisco in early 2010
 Jan 24 2009, 12:49:38 AM
According to my Phantom playbill, the Orpheum has a 2203 capacity.
re: hsm 2 on stage
 Nov 9 2008, 07:43:15 PM
Magerificmags, as a friendly suggestion, I'd advise you proof read your post before you get attacked...

re: St James Theatre Balcony for Gypsy
 Nov 7 2008, 11:48:05 AM
When we have the option for cheaper and BETTER seats, of course we're going to take them. And to compare a front row seat to a bad balcony seat will of course draw out the negatives of a seat in the balcony.

It's not that we're spoiled, we just aren't going to settle for bad seats when we know we can get something better. It's called being a smart buyer, getting the most for our money. If there isn't a rush or discount tickets for a show I want to see, I will happily sit in whatever se

re: SPRING AWAKENING MEZZ
 Nov 7 2008, 11:38:19 AM
Row A Mezz.
re: In The Heights/ Wicked Movie soon to a Cinema Near You
 Nov 7 2008, 04:06:56 AM
Antonio Banderes would work as the father...but I don't think it is a role he would want.

I don't think that would work at all.

re: Spring Awakening Tour
 Oct 28 2008, 09:25:38 PM
Some b-roll footage of the tour cast.

Montage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdQEPWyZbQ

Don't Do Sadness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4t31XkvRco

Mama Who Bore Me (Reprise):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jJHCtQYpYE
(Not sure what's going on with the girls, but it's been speculated that Claire Sparks is singing for Wendla and Julie Benko is singing for Martha, not Christy Altomare and Sarah Hunt)

re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
 Aug 25 2008, 11:19:10 PM
bare 4 times (6 by the time it closes here)
rent 4 times
jersey boys 3 times.

but i'll probably see spring awakening the most when the tour hits san francisco now that they're doing stage seat rush tickets.

re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
 Aug 17 2008, 02:39:55 AM
Nice review. =] I'll be seeing it in San Francisco a few times.

Glory, yes they are doing stage seating for the tour.

re: James Snyder @ Joe's Pub
 Aug 14 2008, 12:25:15 AM
alright, i will go.
you guys convinced me haha.
i am excited. =]

re: James Snyder @ Joe's Pub
 Aug 11 2008, 01:43:16 AM
let me know if it's good.

he's going to be an opening act at a local production of bare, singing stuff from his album at the end of the month here in sacramento, and i don't know if i'll be going.

so i'd love to hear how it goes.

re: Congratulations to Clay Aiken!!!
 Aug 8 2008, 06:14:59 PM
this thread is a great example of why i don't post very often on this site...

this is just sad.

congrats to the guy and move on. telling people the thread is stupid or adding negativity or whatever is just MAKING THE THREAD LIVE LONGER. just let the thing die out if you have issues.

re: HELP! Problem w/ Ticketmaster! :'(
 Jul 30 2008, 04:59:17 PM
wow.
re: bare: a rock musical
 Jul 30 2008, 04:14:20 PM
Mother's Younger Brother, awesome, i'll see you tomorrow!

i'm going to opening night! i've been messaging with your director over myspace for a few months now =]
i'm very excited.

Jul 30 2008, 02:57:21 AM
as for the putting on of bare in general, no, damon being in prison won't affect that. they're putting on shows all over right now. changing stuff, i don't know if that will happen. and i don't know how that works. it could be perfectly possible even while he's incarcerated. and that's to say how much direction damon would be controlling. if they're making changes, i would think damon wouldn't be in control of that anyway since he's been so adamant with keeping it the same.

what i do

Jul 30 2008, 02:42:23 AM
i don't see how putting on the show is going to be affected by damon's legal issues.
i doubt it'll be a broadway try-out though. unless they completely change the show. but hey, they're changing the title, so who knows.

there's also a thread in the san francisco board talking about this.

re: Best Seat in the House
 Jul 29 2008, 02:30:51 AM
there's nothing better than front and center orchestra. depending on the stage height, the 2-5th row is usually the best. i just can't stand seeing shows from so far that you can't clearly see the expressions on the actors' faces. i've only seen a show from the balcony once and never again! i'd rather pay a little bit more...
re: Movie soundtracks you liked better than cast recordings
 Jul 29 2008, 01:00:43 AM
definitely what everyone else is saying. hairspray and west side story.

a couple rent songs also. i just can't stand daphne's vocals. i'm sorry, but daphne singing the line "the children play" in "without you" sounds like a pedophile looking at some kids the wrong way...
rosario made the song much better.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You