News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for starfromafar

starfromafar Profile Photo
Member Name: starfromafar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

can anyone tell me anything about the Personal Space Theatrics production of a Christmas Carol
 Nov 19 2005, 09:16:24 PM
Hi All,
My parents are coming to the city December 16-20 and are dying to see a production of Charles Dickins A Christmas Carol. I found a website for Personal Space Theatrics, which is performing a chirstmas carol this season. Does anyone know anything about this production or can anyone recommend a good place in NYC to see a Christmas Carol?

Thanks,
Star

re: But I'm A Cheerleader To Debut At NYMF With Chandra Lee Schwartz, Kelly
 Aug 26 2005, 12:07:02 AM
What happened to Laura Bell and Nancy Opal?? I was so looking forward to seeing them in this production, especially laura!!! Does anyone know why they are not associated with the project anymore...perhaps contractual issues??
re: WICKED with LauraBell Bundy
 Jan 30 2005, 04:54:52 PM
According to her website she is working on a project with the flaming lips. It is written in the laura's message part of her fac club website at www.laurabellbundyfanclub.com! Sounds interesting!

re: Ugg Boots
 Jan 23 2005, 03:22:08 AM
As a proud owner of a pair of Ugg boots, i wear them soley because they are the warmest shoes known to man. It really doesn't matter if they are totally stlyish or so 2003, they are the warmest shoes i have ever put on my little feet
re: Replacements $
 Jan 21 2005, 11:35:34 PM
I was curious if you meant shocked at how much the offered LBB or shocked at how little...I would love to know which one!
re: what does off book mean?
 Dec 12 2004, 08:11:50 PM
thank you so much!
what does off book mean?
 Dec 12 2004, 08:09:35 PM
he another naive question from a relativly new theatre fan...What does it mean when someone says something was performed "off-book"?

Thanks,

readings and payment
 Nov 30 2004, 06:27:05 PM
This may be a naive question, but do actors and actresses get paid for participating in a reading or a workshop of a musical?
re: Mary Poppins Video
 Nov 22 2004, 07:58:47 PM
Ohhh.. I was so super nervous to see this because I ADORE Mary Poppins the movie and I tend to dislkie remakes and reinterpretations for the most part... But, with that said I think this was so well done..Laura Michelle Kelley,wow what a voice. She reminded me so much of Julie Andrews in the movie but yet gave the character a life of its own seperate from Julie's version...Quite an accomplishment on her part I must say. Hope that this makes its way to broadway..but if not I'm going to London th
re: Legally Blonde the Musical
 Nov 14 2004, 03:05:43 AM
I heard it through the grapevine that Laura Bell Bundy moved to LA. I'm not really familiar with the way this industry works, but does that mean she is not interested in Broadway anymore? That is kind of the way I intepreted it, but of course I could be wrong...if anyone has any idea what her future plans are please let me know.

Thanks,
~M

re: And Now What You've All Been Waiting For.....Matt_G's BKLYN Review
 Nov 6 2004, 03:52:04 PM
Matt G I could not agree with you more that the character i really cared about was Paradice. Brooklyn's character totally annoyed me...its seemed that she was unreasonably sweet...to the point of all that niceness seeming totally fake...anyway, i'm glad someone else felt that way too becuase I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with me for really being glad brooklyn lost that whole competition thing....
re: Megan Hilty
 Nov 2 2004, 09:45:53 AM
Did anyone see the her show last night?
re: I saw Brooklyn tonight
 Oct 30 2004, 02:37:44 AM
oh i just wanted to say one more thing...The message of Brooklyn did nor personally hit home with me, but I can see how someone who really related to the themes of the show would be totally obsessed with it!!
re: I saw Brooklyn tonight
 Oct 30 2004, 02:35:47 AM
Hey i saw Brooklyn tonight too! I agree completely that the music was a bit "American Idolish". I honestly found myslef rolling my eyes during the whole lullably bit. But, I tend to dislike "cheesy" music. I was totally expecting Eden to steal the show because of all the hype about her, but really Cleav??? Derreks (streetsinger) and Ramona kelly?
(paradice) were beyond a doubt the stars of the show. (Sorry i left the playbill at the theatre) I have read on BBW that Kevin Anderson lack

re: Girl auditioning for Wicked/Rent/Hairpsray on Laguna Beach on MTV
 Oct 19 2004, 11:14:51 PM
Oh my god..I just watched that too and i felt really really really bad for that girl. It was pretty sad. On another note, are those what broadway auditions are really like???
re: Laura Bell Bundy & WICKED
 Oct 17 2004, 04:01:38 PM
I am still waiting for someone to tell us how the Shameless show was! The shameless thread that was posted a while back asking for reviews never got any response from those who had seen the show!!
re: Joey McIntyre
 Oct 15 2004, 02:08:47 AM
I can get the audio to play, but not the video! am I doing something wrong?
re: You Say I Only Hear What I Want To-Lisa Loeb...the Musical?
 Oct 11 2004, 07:03:37 PM
I think whether or not you know who she is depends on your age. If you are under..i would say around 17 or 18, you very well might not know who she is. But you should def. give her music a listen!
re: Most disappointed?
 Oct 11 2004, 07:01:12 PM
totally agree with chicago...but again I went in with high expectations..also, maybe part of the problem was that I was it when Paige Davis was Roxie and I did not care for her performance at all.
re: You Say I Only Hear What I Want To-Lisa Loeb...the Musical?
 Oct 11 2004, 06:58:42 PM
also guilty...I really like her music and think it could possibly make an interesting, intelligent musical
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You