News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dwperkins

dwperkins Profile Photo
Member Name: dwperkins
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!
 Sep 22 2019, 12:06:47 PM

Bettyboy72:  Thanks for the Shoutout and validation!  

Slave Play coming to Broadway in September!
 Sep 21 2019, 01:16:38 AM

Just saw Slave Play and found it stimulating and exciting but not particularly shocking having come up in the 70s and when nudity, sex etc was coming into its own.  It reminded me in some ways of Cloud 9 by Caryl Churchill.  I loved that interracial sex and relationships were being addressed and that a lot of the cast was very sexy!  The cast is extremely strong!  Great acting.  Also great to hear an African American perspective which is sorely needed.

What's the Best Broadway Song Ever?
 Mar 23 2016, 12:22:16 AM

This Nearly Was Mine from South Pacific by Rodgers and Hammerstein

how are the side seats at Helen Hayes?
 Mar 4 2016, 11:40:17 PM

Thank you Mr. Roxy!

Mar 4 2016, 11:23:55 PM

I'm wondering about the seats at the extreme side orchestra.  Are they that obstructed?   They are a great deal at $50.00.  The last two seats on either side.

Mar 4 2016, 10:46:30 PM

I notice there are side orchestra seats at the Helen Hayes for $50.00 for The Humans that are labeled obstructed view.  Are these seats OK?

SHUFFLE ALONG TIX AT BOX OFFICE
 Dec 20 2015, 09:51:57 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH ROBBIE!

Dec 20 2015, 02:07:42 PM

Thanks Esther!  I will just wait till February to purchase tickets then!

West Side Story at Signature Theatre
 Dec 19 2015, 01:12:55 AM

test

re: Most Difficult Broadway Song To Sing?
 Dec 19 2015, 12:55:18 AM

do you mean "Soliloquy"?

Dec 19 2015, 12:53:38 AM

Does anyone know when the BO will be open to purchase tix for Shuffle Along at the Music Box Theater?  I refuse to pay the exorbitant Telecharge fees!

Which Musical (Original or Revival) Was A major Disappointment For You?
 Apr 2 2013, 11:34:58 PM
I thought the current CINDERELLA was just awful. the story was distorted beyond recognition.
Ann Previews?
 Feb 23 2013, 01:24:53 AM
I saw it on Wednesday night and loved it! The performance is so generous and spontaneous seeming. And it's so different from her role on 2 and a half men.

Santino Fontana to feature in SHE LOVES ME musical!
 Feb 8 2013, 06:04:58 PM
He probably realized Cinderella would be a turkey!
CINDERELLA -LIKE ON A CLEAR DAY REVIVAL ONLY WORSE!
 Feb 7 2013, 11:00:19 PM
Gink, you are obviously a person of great insight and taste!
 Feb 7 2013, 10:58:57 PM
and you liked the Cinderella costumes? The fairy godmother's gown looks like she it has a wrapped testicle on either side!!

The garish ballgowns of the chorus are absolutely hideous.

Feb 7 2013, 10:39:02 PM
Just saw Cinderella last night. What a disaster! Like Clear Day they changed the narrative to the point that it doesn't make any sense. Does anyone not think that O Hammerstein knew what he was doing in the original book? They have grafted a PC narrative to the original that causes important plot points to now make NO SENSE! The songs they added are so much filler and bog down the story. What a tedious production. The lovely score of the numbers that were meant to be in the show still enc
Porgy and Bess is FANTASTIC in previews
 Jan 6 2012, 09:02:42 AM
Totally agree with Temms that I loves you porgy is the emotional highlight of the show. Audra was devastated and desperate and reaching out for hope at the same time.

I also agree that Bess you is my woman now did not have the usual sweep and emotional tidal wave effect that it can have but I attribute that to the lack of strings in the orchestra, the generally bad orchestral sound and amplication system and the direction which is towards colloquial musical theater singing rather than

Jan 5 2012, 04:14:05 PM
I think you have to judge it based on whether it works as a piece of musical theater and on that basis YES IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. IT is a very emotionally involving evening at the theater with great performances of a masterpiece. Go see it and judge for yourself. You will not be disappointed.
 Jan 5 2012, 11:38:39 AM
You crack me up AC! Great answer!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You